Wanted to get your thoughts on what would be a better itinerary option:
6 nights in Florence (day trip to Cinque Terre one of the days)
Bus/Train to San Gimignano
1 night in San Gimignano
Bust/Train to Rome
6 nights in Flofrence
Day trip to Cinque Terre one day and San Gimignano another day
Train to Rome
For reference, if I were to stay in Florence only, 3 days will be sufficient enough for me.
It looks like the day trip costs are not that much more than spending the night there separately (train, pay for a hotel there etc). I will be more swayed to do the daytrip options if its easier to go to Rome from Florence but if San Gimignano is on the way transportation wise (bus or train) then it makes sense to just spend the night there. Thoughts?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 3 weeks in Spain
- 2 2 weeks in Europe - itenerary help
- 3 Italy
- 4 Paris/Loire Valley than ?
- 5 Emergencies in Ireland
- 6 If you had to choose one......
- 7 How to Pick Up Vatican Tickets
- 8 Ireland hotel questions
- 9 Driving in Corwall-The Nitty Gritty
- 10 Credit or debit card or cash in Europe
- 11 Airport Transfer from Edinburgh Center to Glasgow Airport
- 12 Krakow Day Trips - Renting a car vs. Taking a tour
- 13 Antibes or Villefranche-sur-Mer?
- 14 Which cities are a must in Croatia, Bosnia&Herzegovina and Montenegro?
- 15 EuropeTravel-Trivia Quiz #152
- 16 Suggest Itinerary for 2 Nights in Lake District - Grasmere
- 17 tours/attractions worth paying for in Prague/Vienna/Budapest/Krakow
- 18 Boat hire in Arcachon
- 19 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 20 Food in Positano
- 21 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 22 Edinburgh to Skye
- 23 Railpass or point-to-point tickets
- 24 4 days itinerary for France
- 25 Paris Hotels Left Bank Thread