Wanted to get your thoughts on what would be a better itinerary option:
6 nights in Florence (day trip to Cinque Terre one of the days)
Bus/Train to San Gimignano
1 night in San Gimignano
Bust/Train to Rome
6 nights in Flofrence
Day trip to Cinque Terre one day and San Gimignano another day
Train to Rome
For reference, if I were to stay in Florence only, 3 days will be sufficient enough for me.
It looks like the day trip costs are not that much more than spending the night there separately (train, pay for a hotel there etc). I will be more swayed to do the daytrip options if its easier to go to Rome from Florence but if San Gimignano is on the way transportation wise (bus or train) then it makes sense to just spend the night there. Thoughts?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 too many London hotels!
- 2 Trip Report Paris, Avignon, Lyon, Turin, Genoa, Reggio Emilia, Venice 2014
- 3 Giving credit card details to Hotels for reservation
- 4 Italian Roadtrip ideas/feedback
- 5 Hotel comes back with lower price after booking with booking dot com
- 6 Segovia Hotel
- 7 Andalucia to Madrid
- 8 base in Milan or Lake Como?
- 9 The ever-popular Chip and Pin Credit Card
- 10 First timer
- 11 four old ladies in spain
- 12 Taxi or Aeroexpress from Domodedovo Airport to center of Moscow?
- 13 From Schipol to ?
- 14 Rental Car in Austria
- 15 Our Next Europe Trip
- 16 Planning our Honeymoon
- 17 Paris - for the 6th time - need new ideas!
- 18 Rome - To Tour or Not to Tour
- 19 Rental car pick up (Venice) and drop off (Florence) question
- 20 Up coming strikes at Spanish airports 2015
- 21 Advise on where to base in Ireland for 2 week trip
- 22 Beautiful Ireland: a 3-week solo journey.
- 23 Greece, Italy Or Swiss in Late Oct ??
- 24 Italy in 3 days
- 25 Getting Around Toledo