Wanted to get your thoughts on what would be a better itinerary option:
6 nights in Florence (day trip to Cinque Terre one of the days)
Bus/Train to San Gimignano
1 night in San Gimignano
Bust/Train to Rome
6 nights in Flofrence
Day trip to Cinque Terre one day and San Gimignano another day
Train to Rome
For reference, if I were to stay in Florence only, 3 days will be sufficient enough for me.
It looks like the day trip costs are not that much more than spending the night there separately (train, pay for a hotel there etc). I will be more swayed to do the daytrip options if its easier to go to Rome from Florence but if San Gimignano is on the way transportation wise (bus or train) then it makes sense to just spend the night there. Thoughts?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris and England, 14 days on the ground
- 2 First Trip to Paris
- 3 Train travel to and from Paris
- 4 Use of Train Tickets
- 5 Andalucia Spain
- 6 Bruges, Ghent or Brussels?
- 7 Amsterdam and...?
- 8 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 9 Choosing Greek Island Base for island hopping
- 10 Swiss Trains not on time and boats not run at all - great time
- 11 Bastille Day Fireworks, Paris
- 12 Naxos experts - pros and cons of Kymata vs. Agios Prokopios Hotel
- 13 2 days in Amsterdam after river cruise
- 14 Three Weeks in Italy - So Excited!
- 15 Tips for tour company tour guides
- 16 Bus Nice Airport to Frejus
- 17 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 18 Advice on Spring/Fall trips to Scotland and Alsace
- 19 Best tour or day trip from EL Ferrol Spain
- 20 One week road trip Santiago de Compostela-Lisbon itinerary advice needed
- 21 10 Day Backpacking Itinerary
- 22 Driving in Italy
- 23 Weather and clothes in Sakzkammergut in August
- 24 US foods not available in the UK
- 25 Coastal daytrip from Dartmoor Park