Wanted to get your thoughts on what would be a better itinerary option:
6 nights in Florence (day trip to Cinque Terre one of the days)
Bus/Train to San Gimignano
1 night in San Gimignano
Bust/Train to Rome
6 nights in Flofrence
Day trip to Cinque Terre one day and San Gimignano another day
Train to Rome
For reference, if I were to stay in Florence only, 3 days will be sufficient enough for me.
It looks like the day trip costs are not that much more than spending the night there separately (train, pay for a hotel there etc). I will be more swayed to do the daytrip options if its easier to go to Rome from Florence but if San Gimignano is on the way transportation wise (bus or train) then it makes sense to just spend the night there. Thoughts?
Florence to San Gimignano to Rome OR Daytrip Only
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help with Barcelona Plans Please!
- 2 Owners Direct Rentals?
- 3 Last day in Italy with kids, Bologna or Venice?
- 4 Hotel in Venice
- 5 Madrid or Toledo on May 1st - holiday
- 6 Zurich, Switzerland
- 7 Honeymoon in Greece 10 days : Athen Santorini Crete
- 8 Where can I find a driver for a day around Paris?
- 9 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 10 London day trips, especially castles
- 11 Ony 3-4 nights in Ortigia, priorities?????????
- 12 Nairn to Edinburgh to home - route and where to stay
- 13 Day trips from Marseille
- 14 Article about the building of Brunelleschi's dome on the Duomo in Florence
- 15 Trip to/involving Spain/Provence - preliminary ideas?
- 16 Sicily - Palermo, Cefalu, Taormina, Syracuse, Agrigento
- 17 First Solo Euro Trip -- August 2014
- 18 A drive in Europe
- 19 Sim Card for Data Plan
- 20 Boulevard Saint Germain from start to finish
- 21 Trenitalia has just enabled bookings for summer 2014
- 22 Summarizing my Renfe train ticket before purchase for Madrid to Cordoba
- 23 Day trips
- 24 London tube
- 25 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014