Wanted to get your thoughts on what would be a better itinerary option:
6 nights in Florence (day trip to Cinque Terre one of the days)
Bus/Train to San Gimignano
1 night in San Gimignano
Bust/Train to Rome
6 nights in Flofrence
Day trip to Cinque Terre one day and San Gimignano another day
Train to Rome
For reference, if I were to stay in Florence only, 3 days will be sufficient enough for me.
It looks like the day trip costs are not that much more than spending the night there separately (train, pay for a hotel there etc). I will be more swayed to do the daytrip options if its easier to go to Rome from Florence but if San Gimignano is on the way transportation wise (bus or train) then it makes sense to just spend the night there. Thoughts?
Florence to San Gimignano to Rome OR Daytrip Only
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 December in Munich, Salzburg, Graz, and Budapest
- 2 Need Help For August Spain Itinerary (10 days)
- 3 Confused about tipping in Swiss restaurants
- 4 Tent camping in France, Spain and Portugal
- 5 Scotland trip report July 2014, chapter 1
- 6 Photography Trip Ideas in Eastern Europe
- 7 Iceland! Summer 2015 Wanna help with my itinerary??
- 8 Hotel in Rome?
- 9 Ukraine: witch-hunt has begun
- 10 Crete Chania and the Libyan Sea villages
- 11 specific question about my possible trip to europe with Schengen law
- 12 Amalfi Coast vs Greece
- 13 Favorite hotels
- 14 St. Katherine Dock area flat for first time visit?
- 15 Late night dinner in Menton?
- 16 9 Days In Ireland-Flying in and out of Shannon
- 17 restaurants / pubs near British museum / Bloomsbury
- 18 Passport Delays
- 19 Travel to Romania Transilvania Tours
- 20 Ideas for Shropshire Please
- 21 Message for Ackislander
- 22 Two bedroom apt in Venice?
- 23 Puglia--need hotel for last 2 nites HELP trip is coming up
- 24 Venice (Somewhere) and Trieste (Nowhere)—With a Bit of Slovenia In Between
- 25 England, Scotland, Ireland, and France... Where do I start?! (three weeks)