Wanted to get your thoughts on what would be a better itinerary option:
6 nights in Florence (day trip to Cinque Terre one of the days)
Bus/Train to San Gimignano
1 night in San Gimignano
Bust/Train to Rome
6 nights in Flofrence
Day trip to Cinque Terre one day and San Gimignano another day
Train to Rome
For reference, if I were to stay in Florence only, 3 days will be sufficient enough for me.
It looks like the day trip costs are not that much more than spending the night there separately (train, pay for a hotel there etc). I will be more swayed to do the daytrip options if its easier to go to Rome from Florence but if San Gimignano is on the way transportation wise (bus or train) then it makes sense to just spend the night there. Thoughts?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Barcelona to San Sebastian
- 2 Holiday in Austria
- 3 Stay in El Born, in Barcelona, and getting to the Languedoc, France
- 4 Help with air/train logistics in U.K.!
- 5 Handicap Assistance at Charles de Gaulle - Our Experience
- 6 Update on Bob the Navigator
- 7 A couple of questions which are not quite answered
- 8 Rue des Rosiers
- 9 What one thing in Paris?
- 10 Paris for Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve
- 11 Celebrating Christmas Early...in Vienna!
- 12 Christmas Market-ing in the Salzkammergut
- 13 First Trip to Europe!
- 14 Switzerland in mid-April
- 15 sfo to europe
- 16 Snakes on a Plane? Our Thanksgiving in Paris!
- 17 How a Greek DIY expert ended up on a Greek Island Cruise
- 18 Scotland itinerary, helm me with15 night itinerary
- 19 Visiting Turkey for Fun and Adventure, Oasis or Chaos
- 20 Help Planning Spain Itinerary
- 21 Car rental leaving Rome
- 22 Critique my Budapest itinerary please!
- 23 Trip Report - Croatia, Sept 22 -Oct 12 (Slovenia, Bosnia..)
- 24 Normandy and England in November Trip Planning
- 25 A Walk in Tuscany, New Places to Discover, & A Life Time of memories