Wanted to get your thoughts on what would be a better itinerary option:
6 nights in Florence (day trip to Cinque Terre one of the days)
Bus/Train to San Gimignano
1 night in San Gimignano
Bust/Train to Rome
6 nights in Flofrence
Day trip to Cinque Terre one day and San Gimignano another day
Train to Rome
For reference, if I were to stay in Florence only, 3 days will be sufficient enough for me.
It looks like the day trip costs are not that much more than spending the night there separately (train, pay for a hotel there etc). I will be more swayed to do the daytrip options if its easier to go to Rome from Florence but if San Gimignano is on the way transportation wise (bus or train) then it makes sense to just spend the night there. Thoughts?
Florence to San Gimignano to Rome OR Daytrip Only
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Now for the Venice hotel
- 2 How to order free Lebara SIM card from the U.S.?
- 3 Spanish Music
- 4 Trip Report: Sheep Rule. A Week in Scotland
- 5 2 different itineraries
- 6 Euro Travel Quiz - Places Reeking of History
- 7 A week in Wengen hiking the Bernese Oberland
- 8 8 days Northern Italy/ Switzerland
- 9 Chamonix hotel/apartment recommendations for June 2015
- 10 Tips for Sardinia this summer?
- 11 Un Coup de Foudre - Falling in Love with France in 8 Days
- 12 St. John's Navalis feast/festival in Prague
- 13 Free family pass for kids with Berner Oberland Pass?
- 14 Things to do in/around Milan
- 15 Potential return trip to Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia and Herzegovina
- 16 Travel with kids (6 & 8 yrs) to Germany/Switzerland/Liechtenstein
- 17 one-month itinerary -- what am I missing?
- 18 22 days in Amsterdam, Germany, Austria and Switzerland
- 19 Heading off to our 18day Eurotrip soon - 3000€ for 2 people? Enough?
- 20 Umbria - planning for 3 or 4 days in April
- 21 michele_d or other visa-free ferry experts
- 22 Sixt Car Rental? Good/Bad? Any reviews/experiences?
- 23 Provence or Provence and Dorgogna
- 24 Itinerary help
- 25 Grindelwald vs Lauterbrunnen vs Wengen on November