Wanted to get your thoughts on what would be a better itinerary option:
6 nights in Florence (day trip to Cinque Terre one of the days)
Bus/Train to San Gimignano
1 night in San Gimignano
Bust/Train to Rome
6 nights in Flofrence
Day trip to Cinque Terre one day and San Gimignano another day
Train to Rome
For reference, if I were to stay in Florence only, 3 days will be sufficient enough for me.
It looks like the day trip costs are not that much more than spending the night there separately (train, pay for a hotel there etc). I will be more swayed to do the daytrip options if its easier to go to Rome from Florence but if San Gimignano is on the way transportation wise (bus or train) then it makes sense to just spend the night there. Thoughts?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 First visit to London
- 2 alcazar question and seville advice
- 3 My Topic TitleT 10 card question
- 4 Cycling Nice into Italy along the coast
- 5 Lonely Planet‘s Best in Europe list-your thoughts please
- 6 Villa in Italy
- 7 Renting a car for France thru BritishAirways.com instead of AutoEurope
- 8 Ireland base towns (and timing) - Connemara/W. Cork?
- 9 Paris advice with kids
- 10 International drivers permit
- 11 Visiting Positano and Amalfi
- 12 Cap Ferrat, Antibe, Luberon?
- 13 8-days in Greece, Rhodes or Crete?
- 14 Worst flight booking with edreams
- 15 Paris travel help
- 16 Anyone stay at Homeaway: Villa Iride in Praiano, Amalfi Coast?
- 17 Time to tell on yourself (embarassing travel stories)
- 18 Allocating time in Barcelona - Gaudi tickets
- 19 Getting to Eilean Donan Castle
- 20 paris hotel easy commute to Palais de Congres
- 21 Châteauneuf-du-Pape Wine tours and Luberon Wine Producers
- 22 8 days vacation to Switzerland & Austria
- 23 One night in the Dolomites
- 24 Favourite Alpine and Mediterranean place?
- 25 Airport Transit Visa