Wanted to get your thoughts on what would be a better itinerary option:
6 nights in Florence (day trip to Cinque Terre one of the days)
Bus/Train to San Gimignano
1 night in San Gimignano
Bust/Train to Rome
6 nights in Flofrence
Day trip to Cinque Terre one day and San Gimignano another day
Train to Rome
For reference, if I were to stay in Florence only, 3 days will be sufficient enough for me.
It looks like the day trip costs are not that much more than spending the night there separately (train, pay for a hotel there etc). I will be more swayed to do the daytrip options if its easier to go to Rome from Florence but if San Gimignano is on the way transportation wise (bus or train) then it makes sense to just spend the night there. Thoughts?
Florence to San Gimignano to Rome OR Daytrip Only
- 1 Family European winter holiday
- 2 Italy: Planning a honeymoon....HELP!!!!
- 3 To Paris and Provence in June
- 4 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 5 San Sebastian and 2 day trips into France...lodging and places to see
- 6 FRA airport: How big is "big"?
- 7 Euro Train
- 8 Ira Has Been Kidnapped
- 9 Travel by train or bus
- 10 Confirming..."Buy train tickets the day of departure" advice....M/V/Rome
- 11 4 Women Exploring London Dec 19-23
- 12 Best option for Dollars to Euros for apartment payment"
- 13 Traveling within Italy
- 14 "It Will Rain Tomorrow." England Weathers The MaiTai Four.
- 15 Florence in October
- 16 Where to stop on Italy's west coast
- 17 Stories from London, France, Italy & more - Trip Report
- 18 London at Easter
- 19 Normandy in mid Sept?
- 20 Cycling and wine-tasting through Italy, Slovenia and Croatia
- 21 3 nights in Bayeux, FRANCE...how to make the most of our days in winter?
- 22 Need PIN for general credit card use in Spain Portugal
- 23 Advises for trip to Russia
- 24 Paris to Colmar by Car...Best Route/Stops along the way?
- 25 Travelling to Amalfi Coast in April 2014