Wanted to get your thoughts on what would be a better itinerary option:
6 nights in Florence (day trip to Cinque Terre one of the days)
Bus/Train to San Gimignano
1 night in San Gimignano
Bust/Train to Rome
6 nights in Flofrence
Day trip to Cinque Terre one day and San Gimignano another day
Train to Rome
For reference, if I were to stay in Florence only, 3 days will be sufficient enough for me.
It looks like the day trip costs are not that much more than spending the night there separately (train, pay for a hotel there etc). I will be more swayed to do the daytrip options if its easier to go to Rome from Florence but if San Gimignano is on the way transportation wise (bus or train) then it makes sense to just spend the night there. Thoughts?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Is International Drivers Permit in Spain Required
- 2 Tipping in different situations in Spain
- 3 Non-alcoholic drinks to try in Andalusia
- 4 3 weeks in Norway and Sweden. Comments, advice please!
- 5 Oh no, not another grammar lesson! Learning italian in Venice - a TR.
- 6 Help with Colmar on Rhine cruise
- 7 Switzerland in April
- 8 Paris Side Trip: Mont St Michel & Cancale
- 9 Inexpensive Gifts to Bring Back
- 10 Hotel for stay in Montpellier
- 11 Montpellier to Arles
- 12 Italy: your favorite national park?
- 13 Is it safe to take train from CDG by 10 PM?
- 14 Puglia, and a touch of Rome
- 15 Berlin to Barcelona
- 16 Flat iron/hair straightener purchase Paris
- 17 Vienna to Bratislava
- 18 Staying on Ile de la Cite
- 19 Crazy Question regarding Flat Iron usage in Europe
- 20 help in planning itinerary to UK
- 21 Venice at Christmas
- 22 Bayeux and environs
- 23 Greenland: Photos of Midnight Sun Iceberg Kayaking
- 24 Best way to see Croatia?
- 25 Rome For 2 days