Wanted to get your thoughts on what would be a better itinerary option:
6 nights in Florence (day trip to Cinque Terre one of the days)
Bus/Train to San Gimignano
1 night in San Gimignano
Bust/Train to Rome
6 nights in Flofrence
Day trip to Cinque Terre one day and San Gimignano another day
Train to Rome
For reference, if I were to stay in Florence only, 3 days will be sufficient enough for me.
It looks like the day trip costs are not that much more than spending the night there separately (train, pay for a hotel there etc). I will be more swayed to do the daytrip options if its easier to go to Rome from Florence but if San Gimignano is on the way transportation wise (bus or train) then it makes sense to just spend the night there. Thoughts?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Train from Rome to Naples
- 2 Spain to Morocco
- 3 Scotland: Bluebells and Gorse, Castles and Stones, and NO Rain!
- 4 Dijon or Beaune for overnight?
- 5 5 Ladies, 4 Destinations and 1 Month
- 6 3 days in Beaune / Dijon...any tips/recos?
- 7 Copenhagen / Stockholm trip advice
- 8 Charles De Gualle Airport, Paris to Eiffel Tower
- 9 Itinerary set for my grand Basque adventure
- 10 Into Barcelona out of Madrid !! Help!!?
- 11 Lisbon to Porto by train
- 12 Where to stay in Emilia-Romagna for best food?
- 13 ATM skimmer - good example of a traveler finding one in Vienna
- 14 Is a canal pass and museum entry worth buying ahead of visit?
- 15 Sample itinerary Germany in March
- 16 Lake Garda- Italy
- 17 Will July 23 Become England's Independence Day?
- 18 Sardinia, Italy
- 19 Stu Dudley's Provence and French Riviera Itinerary
- 20 Venice to Frankfort - via Switzerland?
- 21 Italy by car
- 22 Easiest way to send photo eq. to the hotel
- 23 Paris gtg in October?
- 24 Quaint Towns within 2hr Driving from Amsterdam
- 25 Toulouse, The Dordogne(based in Sarlat) and Paris