My husband and I are looking to book our train tickets from Florence to Salerno on a Friday in mid-September with a final destination in Positano. Our plan was to ferry from Salerno to Positano.
At this point, I am seeing the earliest train from Florence to Salerno at 8:19 arriving Salerno at 11:59. Then, the next ferry wouldn't be until 14:10. With the ferry time and getting to our hotel, it would be a complete day of travel.
Wanted to reach out to the Fodors community to see if there are other options you would suggest or if I am missing any earlier trains on that route? I know that taking a train to Naples is an option with either bus/car transport but we are leaning towards the Salerno + ferry option. Thank you for any advice you can give!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 (AOLPassword Reset CONTACT ☎1 800:681:7208 AOLTec*h SUPPORT
- 2 Bregenzer Festspiele: the opera Carmen
- 3 Day trip from Amsterdam for college girls
- 4 Sitting at a cafe watching the world go by - hmmm...
- 5 Charming Balcony Hotel in Le Marais?
- 6 Cortona -- just a passing thought
- 7 Trains from Istanbul to Budapest
- 8 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 9 Madrid/Andalucia Trip
- 10 Madrird and Seville
- 11 Greece
- 12 Ludwig Castles
- 13 3 Weeks in Sicilia!!
- 14 FYI, Bourdain in Porto, this Sunday (July 2)
- 15 Lake Como AREA questions
- 16 RS view on booking.com & the like
- 17 Konigsee or Wolfgangsee for a stay of 3 days ?
- 18 Italy- dolomites and cinque terre
- 19 David's Abbreviated Iceland Trip Report
- 20 Help on ancient history route
- 21 2 weeks Croatia Itinerary - Doable??
- 22 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 23 Dolomites Sept 2017 express bus schedules
- 24 Airport Transfer Vienna
- 25 Iceland