My husband and I are looking to book our train tickets from Florence to Salerno on a Friday in mid-September with a final destination in Positano. Our plan was to ferry from Salerno to Positano.
At this point, I am seeing the earliest train from Florence to Salerno at 8:19 arriving Salerno at 11:59. Then, the next ferry wouldn't be until 14:10. With the ferry time and getting to our hotel, it would be a complete day of travel.
Wanted to reach out to the Fodors community to see if there are other options you would suggest or if I am missing any earlier trains on that route? I know that taking a train to Naples is an option with either bus/car transport but we are leaning towards the Salerno + ferry option. Thank you for any advice you can give!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Best Scenic Route -Vienna to St Wolfgang
- 2 travel around Spain
- 3 Thoughts on visiting Turkey this summer? Safe?
- 4 Norway travel help: Bergen-Gjendesheim-Oslo
- 5 National Parks close to Malgrat de Mar or Barcelona recommendations
- 6 Spain: 16-17 day itinerary help please
- 7 Spain: general question about Mondays and museums
- 8 Best sites in Slovenia and Croatia
- 9 stonehenge day trip from london
- 10 Cinqueterre
- 11 Reviews of Paris restaurants: Tour d’Argent, Le Cinq, Ange20,...
- 12 Central and Northern Italy
- 13 Tips / stops on drive from Munich, Fussen, Salzburg
- 14 Car rental Pick up location in Florence and drop off in Venice
- 15 Ireland Itinerary- biting off more than we can chew?
- 16 Riviera (Italian and French) Vs Como and The Alps in June
- 17 Driving from Madrid to Sevilla
- 18 Layover of 10 hrs in london
- 19 A walk through Greenwich and Blackheath March 2017
- 20 Ger's September 2014 Trip Report to Galicia and Portugal
- 21 Weather late May in Copenhagen, Tallin, etc.
- 22 5 day trip by train Frankfurt Vienna
- 23 Scotland Trip Report
- 24 Charming areas to explore in London
- 25 Trip to Ireland in September