My husband and I are looking to book our train tickets from Florence to Salerno on a Friday in mid-September with a final destination in Positano. Our plan was to ferry from Salerno to Positano.
At this point, I am seeing the earliest train from Florence to Salerno at 8:19 arriving Salerno at 11:59. Then, the next ferry wouldn't be until 14:10. With the ferry time and getting to our hotel, it would be a complete day of travel.
Wanted to reach out to the Fodors community to see if there are other options you would suggest or if I am missing any earlier trains on that route? I know that taking a train to Naples is an option with either bus/car transport but we are leaning towards the Salerno + ferry option. Thank you for any advice you can give!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #163
- 2 Itinerary review from a overplanner
- 3 Moving Around Amalfi without a car
- 4 Train in Switzerland from Basel to Zermatt to Zurich
- 5 Venice > Garda > Verona > Bologna thoughts
- 6 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 7 Advice on Sicily & Aeolian Islands
- 8 Neighborhood for Dubrovnik
- 9 Parma/strasbourg or frankfurt???
- 10 Visiting London 05/02 - 05/20 (US dates)
- 11 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 12 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 13 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 14 Connection time of 1:25 in Zurich on flight from US. Enough time?
- 15 Cotswolds cottage ideas
- 16 Trip to Rome
- 17 4 Days In Northern Italy advice
- 18 Buying Train Tickets to and from Prague
- 19 Where to stay in September in the Swiss Alps
- 20 Advice for 5 Weeks in the Nordic Countries
- 21 Help required with Itinerary
- 22 European Travel & Trivia Quiz #162
- 23 Can i camp anywhere in Iceland?
- 24 How early in the spring to visit London & England?
- 25 Another Venice question - first stop of first trip to Italy