My husband and I need itinerary advice for a free week in Europe. We are finishing leading a study abroad group in Florence which ends on November 16, and we are flying home from Istanbul on November 24.
We will be visiting Athens, Crete, Istanbul, Ephesus and a few Greek islands on a footsteps of St. Paul cruise on our way to Florence, but these will all be short stops. I'm sure we'll want to return to some of these places, but what do you all recommend in the region besides these stops?
We are primarily interested classical and Christian historical sites and experiencing eastern Christianity and Islam. Oh, and we will have our two children (ages 3 and 1) with us
So, what do you think?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 (Repost) Overall cost of three weeks in Scotland??
- 2 Split, Croatia Itinerary help
- 3 Packing for Sicily and Sardenia: Need anything Warm?
- 4 RS view on booking.com & the like
- 5 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 6 Hiking the Cinque Terre Trails?
- 7 Getting out of Glasgow - ideas needed
- 8 Car rental companies - why so many negative reviews?
- 9 Iceland rental camper company
- 10 Fly out Venice or Rome
- 11 southeast sicily town as home base
- 12 From Biarritz to Paris- 2 extra nights
- 13 Please help with Carry-on Question--CDG!
- 14 Chania
- 15 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 16 Incredibly Beautiful, Fira, Greece
- 17 Theoxenia on Santorini
- 18 Spanish food - not that special?
- 19 4 Days in Europe! Paris, Lisbon, or...?
- 20 Rome travel book, Nice extra
- 21 Day trips from Seville -Granada, Cadiz&Jerez or white villages
- 22 stopover between antequerra and granada?
- 23 Recommendations for trip to Cochem
- 24 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 25 Booking Irish Rail ticket