My husband and I need itinerary advice for a free week in Europe. We are finishing leading a study abroad group in Florence which ends on November 16, and we are flying home from Istanbul on November 24.
We will be visiting Athens, Crete, Istanbul, Ephesus and a few Greek islands on a footsteps of St. Paul cruise on our way to Florence, but these will all be short stops. I'm sure we'll want to return to some of these places, but what do you all recommend in the region besides these stops?
We are primarily interested classical and Christian historical sites and experiencing eastern Christianity and Islam. Oh, and we will have our two children (ages 3 and 1) with us
So, what do you think?
Florence to Istanbul in 8 days--where to go?
- 1 Derby - What to do with 1.5 days?
- 2 The "I'm moving/I'm coming home" Italy Trip Report...
- 3 Scotland & Ireland - do I HAVE to pick 1 for 7-day trip?
- 4 Am I too fat too travel?
- 5 Christmas Markets - Frankfurt or Copenhagen
- 6 Running Very Behind on Month Long Europe Trip
- 7 Train Passes
- 8 Paris Transportation- Hotel near Saint Suplice Station to CDG Airport
- 9 two weeks in Croatia Bosnia and Montenegro
- 10 pier in Copenhagen
- 11 Trip Report: SE England - Stately Homes & Gardens in Kent
- 12 Sagrada Familia in Barcelona: who knows what time masses are?
- 13 I have a new eBook out on Mystical Ireland Travel
- 14 Chatham Dockyards Need a Whole Day?
- 15 Security issues with Knee replacement
- 16 Yorkshire Dales and Moors home base? (and other questions)
- 17 Our 4 weeks in Turkey - Trip Report
- 18 How do I get from Copenhagen to Malmo by Train?
- 19 Sweden, Denmark, Norway Trip Report
- 20 Climbing Snowdon
- 21 Zee Best
- 22 river cruise choice
- 23 Rome apartment
- 24 Paros or Naxos?
- 25 Amsterdam - Germany and Wine!