My husband and I need itinerary advice for a free week in Europe. We are finishing leading a study abroad group in Florence which ends on November 16, and we are flying home from Istanbul on November 24.
We will be visiting Athens, Crete, Istanbul, Ephesus and a few Greek islands on a footsteps of St. Paul cruise on our way to Florence, but these will all be short stops. I'm sure we'll want to return to some of these places, but what do you all recommend in the region besides these stops?
We are primarily interested classical and Christian historical sites and experiencing eastern Christianity and Islam. Oh, and we will have our two children (ages 3 and 1) with us
So, what do you think?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris to Nice - 4x 50 somethings and 5 nights - what to do!
- 2 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 3 Any recent stays at either the Plaka or Attalos hotels in Athens
- 4 January Sicily and exploding cornetto al cioccolato
- 5 Bern to Munich, BlaBla Car & Dresden
- 6 Stop between Umbria and Firenze
- 7 Seville/Granada or Porto/Guim/Braga/Evora to impress 9 year old?
- 8 Rome, Florence and Venice for each city 2 days
- 9 Ireland in April
- 10 Amsterdam and Beyond - 7 Days
- 11 Need itinerary help! Dolomites to Austria through Hallstat to Venice
- 12 Planning to visit Barcelona and Paris
- 13 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 14 please help me plan first trip to europe
- 15 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 16 Figueres: trains and timing from Barcelona
- 17 If you had to choose one......
- 18 getting to CDG
- 19 Towersey, London
- 20 Another northern Italy itinerary.
- 21 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 22 Day trips ideas from Lausanne, Switzerland
- 23 Preliminary planning -- a month in Greece
- 24 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 25 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas