My fiance and I will be lucky enough to enjoy our honeymoon this fall (October 14-28) in Europe! I have been researching as much as I can for each leg of our journey but I still would love some advice and information.
1. Do I need to buy train tickets from Florence to CT in advance? I have heard it may be best to just buy them from the train station in Florence. What would be the average costs for 2 adults under the age of 24?
2. Do I want to buy tickets for La Spezia or for a station actually in CT? Ideally we want to stay in Monterosso, so is their a train station there?
3. Any reccomendations as far as accomodations for 1 night?
4. We will be brigning our luggage with us because after our day trip to CT we will be going straight to Rome, so any advice on making as painless as possible would be great.
5. Finally, what would be the easiest way to get to Rome from CT? Obviously by train but where would be the closest train station to Monterosso by and should we buy tickets day of as well?
I realize a day trip is not much time because CT has so much to offer. But we are just thankful we can make it their one day and are hoping to take full advantage!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Electrical Power Conversion
- 2 Planes, Train, and, well, no automobiles
- 3 Douro Valley in January?
- 4 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 5 Rome or Lisbon during end of November? Please help me pick
- 6 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 7 Greek Islands - Which to use as our base?
- 8 Switzerland Trip Report 7 Days September End
- 9 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 10 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 11 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 12 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 13 London Under the Path: Riding the Underground Mail Rail Line
- 14 So Many Places, So Little Time-17 Day Euro Trip--HELP!
- 15 Stanbr and Lolly visit Eastern Crete
- 16 Great Value Vacations - NOT
- 17 Restaurant recs for French food in Montreux and surrounding area
- 18 Paris to Italy
- 19 Travel from Lisbon to Amsterdam to Boston
- 20 Christmas Markets France/Germany
- 21 Spanish Medical Providers
- 22 Sicily in feb? If not, where to from Israel?
- 23 Day Trips from Kaiserslautern During Winter Holidays?
- 24 Barcelona alternative
- 25 wondering if this trip too ambitious