My fiancee and I are spending our 2 week honeymoon in Italy...original plan was Rome (4nights), Florence(6nights) and Cinque terre(5nights) but our bookings in Cinque terre fell through and everything is fully booked on our specific days, so we are thinking of taking the train from FLorence down to Amalfi instead.
I understand we'd have to transfer trains from either Naples or Salerno to get to Amalfi...any reccomendations on which is a better option? florence-naples or florence-salerno?
Any thoughts on driving down? Will a car be handy to drive to other little towns along the coast or are the trains sufficient?
Al input is appreciated! Thanks!
Florence to Amalfi - shortest train ride?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 First time touring Europe
- 2 avoiding stuffy and inflexible service at nice european resorts
- 3 Santorini transportation
- 4 Buses in Amalfi coast town areas
- 5 Ireland itinerary
- 6 Athens to Delphi and Meteora, better off driving or tour bus?
- 7 big family in Ireland
- 8 Barcelona & Mallorca: Bon Dia
- 9 An Elegant Caribbean Treasure Wedding Decor Theme
- 10 Debit card with 6 digit pin
- 11 Ireland: Need help deciding about maps and SIM card
- 12 Rome Fiumicino terminal 2 to terminal 3
- 13 UK for 10 days with 9 and 13 year old
- 14 Istanbul Itinerary
- 15 London - Site List Triage -
- 16 Apartment rental suggestions in Florence and Rome
- 17 How to get from Pula to Ljubljana in the evening at night?
- 18 Day Tours in Croatia, Slovenia that you can recommend?
- 19 Restaurants In Istanbul, Urgup, Ephesus and Alacati
- 20 Need help on best 7 day Istanbul / Cappadocia end of April itinerary
- 21 Cheapest, easiest way to get from Ljubljana to Zurich?
- 22 Mephisto Shoes in Paris
- 23 Bus Tours in Scotland???
- 24 London neighborhood suggestions
- 25 Savoring Sicily - A Trip Report