My fiancee and I are spending our 2 week honeymoon in Italy...original plan was Rome (4nights), Florence(6nights) and Cinque terre(5nights) but our bookings in Cinque terre fell through and everything is fully booked on our specific days, so we are thinking of taking the train from FLorence down to Amalfi instead.
I understand we'd have to transfer trains from either Naples or Salerno to get to Amalfi...any reccomendations on which is a better option? florence-naples or florence-salerno?
Any thoughts on driving down? Will a car be handy to drive to other little towns along the coast or are the trains sufficient?
Al input is appreciated! Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Car necessary in Wengen, Switzerland
- 2 Stonehenge and Bath
- 3 Amsterdam bike rides and maps
- 4 Avoid Viking River Cruises
- 5 Barcelona extension
- 6 Venice, Maggiore, Jungfrau
- 7 Need some suggestions for Andalucia / Barcelona / Madrid starting Dec 25
- 8 My First Trip to Europe...
- 9 Kilt makers
- 10 France 2016: Paris--Avignon--Provence--Nice
- 11 From Genoa to Rome...
- 12 French Gov't Passes New Labor Law Despite...
- 13 Enjoying England for a year!
- 14 3 hours or so in Milano (quick stopover)
- 15 Restaurants and sights in Puglia
- 16 Leipzig, Dresden, Meissen, Bautzen, etc.
- 17 Best area to stay in Valencia
- 18 Seeking apartment recommendations in a Chanti village
- 19 AIr France on strike ... as usual.
- 20 Where to find high quality art and crafts in Italy?
- 21 Paris, the Bernese Oberland, and Bavaria with 2 kids
- 22 Day Trip from Lausanne
- 23 Layover at Orly - Versailles or Paris?
- 24 Heathrow to hotel transportation question
- 25 France to stop making foie grois