My fiancee and I are spending our 2 week honeymoon in Italy...original plan was Rome (4nights), Florence(6nights) and Cinque terre(5nights) but our bookings in Cinque terre fell through and everything is fully booked on our specific days, so we are thinking of taking the train from FLorence down to Amalfi instead.
I understand we'd have to transfer trains from either Naples or Salerno to get to Amalfi...any reccomendations on which is a better option? florence-naples or florence-salerno?
Any thoughts on driving down? Will a car be handy to drive to other little towns along the coast or are the trains sufficient?
Al input is appreciated! Thanks!
Florence to Amalfi - shortest train ride?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Three ferries to Mull
- 2 Rome, Florence, Pisa, Cinque Terre, Venice, Florence
- 3 Since Paris is ALWAYS good idea
- 4 Airport ATMs
- 5 Help!! which tour company is the best for group tours in Italy?
- 6 Trenitalia - What am I missing ??
- 7 Starting to plan for 3.5 weeks in northern Spain, May 2015
- 8 They Just Don't Read or Listen about DCC Scam
- 9 All Set To Go!!
- 10 Charles de Gaulle to Gare du Nord with limitations?
- 11 VAT refund Q--new carryon bag ??
- 12 16 Nights in Canary Islands & Spain
- 13 Story of the German Christmas star
- 14 29 day Itinerary for southern and eastern France
- 15 Siena - Pienza - Montepulciano
- 16 Sono arrivato a Venezia
- 17 Driving from Portree to Torridon
- 18 Annecy city-center, long-and-short term parking, 24-hour access.
- 19 Transportation from Athens Airport to Syntagma
- 20 driving in france with kids
- 21 Southern Spain
- 22 Glasgow - Scotland sans shorbread, bagpipes and kilts.
- 23 Paris-Loire-Avignon-Barcelona itinerary (help)
- 24 Italy, mid May, 10 days, Rome + another city?
- 25 Europe Sojurn on Way to India - Paris..PLUS