My fiancee and I are spending our 2 week honeymoon in Italy...original plan was Rome (4nights), Florence(6nights) and Cinque terre(5nights) but our bookings in Cinque terre fell through and everything is fully booked on our specific days, so we are thinking of taking the train from FLorence down to Amalfi instead.
I understand we'd have to transfer trains from either Naples or Salerno to get to Amalfi...any reccomendations on which is a better option? florence-naples or florence-salerno?
Any thoughts on driving down? Will a car be handy to drive to other little towns along the coast or are the trains sufficient?
Al input is appreciated! Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Berlin to Italy
- 2 Killarney
- 3 Where to go!?
- 4 First time in Bulgaria
- 5 Vacation
- 6 Accommodation referrals Trieste, Gorizia and Cormons
- 7 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 8 What crazy coincidence or chance meeting have you had while traveling?
- 9 Menaggio/Varenna to St Moritz and back
- 10 Aparthotel Adagio Paris XV feedback
- 11 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 12 hiking itinerary UK two months
- 13 Help me plan a 2 week trip to London and the Edinburgh Fringe Festival!
- 14 Walking itinerary in England?
- 15 Italy, beyond the most common Tourist Destinations
- 16 Dog friendly hotels
- 17 Best place in Italy for a tourist during Easter
- 18 Lamezia Terme, Italy
- 19 Cambridge in May
- 20 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 21 Love buying beauty products to take back home? Here are the ones to avoid!
- 22 No Periods in British Written English!
- 23 Self drive tour companies
- 24 Not Gone From Memory Or From Love — The Western Front Revisited
- 25 Madrid/Lisbon