My fiancee and I are spending our 2 week honeymoon in Italy...original plan was Rome (4nights), Florence(6nights) and Cinque terre(5nights) but our bookings in Cinque terre fell through and everything is fully booked on our specific days, so we are thinking of taking the train from FLorence down to Amalfi instead.
I understand we'd have to transfer trains from either Naples or Salerno to get to Amalfi...any reccomendations on which is a better option? florence-naples or florence-salerno?
Any thoughts on driving down? Will a car be handy to drive to other little towns along the coast or are the trains sufficient?
Al input is appreciated! Thanks!
Florence to Amalfi - shortest train ride?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 York, Lakes District in early May good choice? Or Elsewhere?
- 2 Second thoughts about Provence - help!
- 3 Florence to Naples by car road trip ideas
- 4 30 Days in Europe - 29 y/o male
- 5 Better to return car in Orvieto or airport Fiumicino (in Rome)
- 6 First time Croatia; young children; itinerary
- 7 Apartment in Rome - location opinions please
- 8 Italy
- 9 Ireland and the UK Itinerary Advice
- 10 Where to stay family of 5 in Rome? Hotel or rental suggestions please!!
- 11 Domus Aurea (Rome) -- still closed?
- 12 GRAUBUNDEN: exploring Pontresina, Sils, Poschiavo, Zernez, Guarda, Scuol
- 13 Month Itinerary England, France, Germany, Italy does this work?
- 14 Positano, Italy
- 15 Nice Video about Poland
- 16 Just Another Macarons, Hot Chocolate, Tucked into Bed by 11 Paris Report
- 17 Location and amenities in Edinburgh, Scotland
- 18 Vatican - Wednesday General Audience
- 19 Apartment and Area to Stay in Istanbul
- 20 Renting a car in Venice and dropping it off in Rome
- 21 Soccer/futbol in Madrid
- 22 France Itinerary for 2 months: Please critique and advise!
- 23 Online hotel reservation sites reliable?
- 24 Vienna highlights
- 25 Where to stay in Rome