My fiancee and I are spending our 2 week honeymoon in Italy...original plan was Rome (4nights), Florence(6nights) and Cinque terre(5nights) but our bookings in Cinque terre fell through and everything is fully booked on our specific days, so we are thinking of taking the train from FLorence down to Amalfi instead.
I understand we'd have to transfer trains from either Naples or Salerno to get to Amalfi...any reccomendations on which is a better option? florence-naples or florence-salerno?
Any thoughts on driving down? Will a car be handy to drive to other little towns along the coast or are the trains sufficient?
Al input is appreciated! Thanks!
Florence to Amalfi - shortest train ride?
- 1 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 2 London 12 day itinerary suggestions needed
- 3 The Adriatic? Or Turkey and the Greek Islands?
- 4 Train travel in Europe
- 5 Banking for semester in London; what to do US students do?
- 6 ITALY IN 6 WEEKS
- 7 France, Spain, Italy and a hint of Switzerland
- 8 5 days in Granada - Seville?
- 9 Revised itinerary needs approval
- 10 Castle "ruins" Tirol, Austria, Bavaria, Switzerland ?
- 11 Common practice to provide passport copies for apartment rental in Venice?
- 12 Need advice - Context Tours for Gallery Borghese & Vatican
- 13 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 14 Eurostar/Raileurope Advance Booking
- 15 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 16 Prague Main Train Station
- 17 Need advice Best European city for New Year celebration
- 18 Belgium/Holland or Germany: Please help!
- 19 When to visit Provence updated info
- 20 Purchasing SNCF Tickets
- 21 recommended airport transfer in rome italy
- 22 Itinerary Questions
- 23 Honeymoon to Greece in June 2014. Santorini, Crete, Mykonos, Rodes
- 24 Medieval Tallinn
- 25 Italian language schools