My fiancee and I are spending our 2 week honeymoon in Italy...original plan was Rome (4nights), Florence(6nights) and Cinque terre(5nights) but our bookings in Cinque terre fell through and everything is fully booked on our specific days, so we are thinking of taking the train from FLorence down to Amalfi instead.
I understand we'd have to transfer trains from either Naples or Salerno to get to Amalfi...any reccomendations on which is a better option? florence-naples or florence-salerno?
Any thoughts on driving down? Will a car be handy to drive to other little towns along the coast or are the trains sufficient?
Al input is appreciated! Thanks!
Florence to Amalfi - shortest train ride?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Cornwall Trip Addition
- 2 Florence & Rome Itinerary, hotel, tour co. critique please!
- 3 Chip but no PIN
- 4 Art Deco architecture along the English Channel
- 5 Normandy, Brittany and Loire Valley in May - please help with itinerary
- 6 Tram 28 safe to travel with kids?
- 7 Madrid and London
- 8 Excursions from Dubrovnik--wine/olive oil tasting, sailing/boat tours
- 9 car rental advice in Portugal
- 10 Traveling to Eastern Europe
- 11 Madrid Tapas Tour
- 12 What to wear
- 13 Back from Budapest- Report Including Eger, Szentendre and London
- 14 Small group for Colosseum
- 15 Driving to Paris... Parking?
- 16 Lofoten ferry
- 17 Upcoming Spain itinerary-eyeballs please!
- 18 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 19 Unique Venice Activity
- 20 Venice to Milan train tickets (for August travel) sold out already?
- 21 Duoro river cruises
- 22 Suggestions for Trip to Villefranche-sur-Mer
- 23 Day trip to Northern Italy Suggestions
- 24 Day trip to Rothenberg from Munich
- 25 Flamenco -- Cordoba, Seville or Granada?