I am planning a trip to Italy, with a group of friends, in late April. A group of NYC women in our mid-30s and all, but myself, are first-time travelers to Europe (if this helps your response to my inquiry). We initially started our search considering tours, then travel packages, on to hotels and now I am interested in the idea of apartments.
To begin my search of apartments, I'd like to know which neighborhoods are ideal for each city. My preferences are (1) neighborhoods which would have us in or close to the city centers allowing us to walk to most sites or at least accessible to public transportation if we cannot walk. (2) We'd like the neighborhoods to be safe, obviously. (3) And neighborhoods which offer some local culture - eateries, markets, etc. I am realistic. I imagine I may not always get everything in one neighborhood - safety and accessibility are my top priorities.
The cities we will be visiting are: Venice, Florence and Rome.
If you have any SPECIFIC apartment recommendations to go along with your neighborhood recommendations, that would be even better.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Trip planning to Paris, Lyon, Strasbourg
- 2 Itinerary between Milan and Venice
- 3 Ambitious 1st time trip through Europe whilst pregnant??
- 4 Arenalullring area Seville?
- 5 Venice to Zermatt by Train
- 6 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 7 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 8 Just the wine list please and Daisy came too.
- 9 OUR 2-WEEK SPANISH JOURNEY: MADRID, TOLEDO, AND ANDALUCIA!
- 10 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 11 Venice, Florence, Umbria, Rome, AND Amalfi?
- 12 From the Riviera to Rome: Two Terrific Weeks in Italy
- 13 Planning A trip
- 14 Destination ideas for 88 year old
- 15 Driving through Paris
- 16 Question about Loire Valley châteaux
- 17 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 18 ASTURIAS IN LATE OCTOBER??
- 19 Bruges
- 20 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 21 Vacation apartment registration begins in Paris 1 Oct
- 22 Positano vs. Amalfi vs. Praiano
- 23 First - but not last - trip to Greece
- 24 Online Site for Alhambra Tickets
- 25 Solo accommodation -- London -- Dec 19-ish
Florence, Rome and Venice Girls Getaway - Apartments & Neighborhoods