I am planning a trip to Italy, with a group of friends, in late April. A group of NYC women in our mid-30s and all, but myself, are first-time travelers to Europe (if this helps your response to my inquiry). We initially started our search considering tours, then travel packages, on to hotels and now I am interested in the idea of apartments.
To begin my search of apartments, I'd like to know which neighborhoods are ideal for each city. My preferences are (1) neighborhoods which would have us in or close to the city centers allowing us to walk to most sites or at least accessible to public transportation if we cannot walk. (2) We'd like the neighborhoods to be safe, obviously. (3) And neighborhoods which offer some local culture - eateries, markets, etc. I am realistic. I imagine I may not always get everything in one neighborhood - safety and accessibility are my top priorities.
The cities we will be visiting are: Venice, Florence and Rome.
If you have any SPECIFIC apartment recommendations to go along with your neighborhood recommendations, that would be even better.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Looking for a UK coach tour company for seniors
- 2 Return to Yorkshire to walk the Dales Way
- 3 UK or France or elsewhere, July 2018, good price from west coast?
- 4 Norwegian Air?
- 5 Norway in a nutshell in Winter Itinerary
- 6 A bit overwhelmed!!!
- 7 Barcelona rental for two couples??
- 8 Highclare Castle
- 9 Trip Report: Denmark, 2017
- 10 Florence hotels: JK Place vs. Antica Torre di Via Tornabuoni
- 11 Suggestions for 3 greek islands
- 12 Salzburg itinerary review
- 13 Cash and Czech Crowns
- 14 Adivice from experts please, Southern Dutch/Belgium German Borders
- 15 Harry Potter, London Theater
- 16 Help Needed for 8/20: Train from Salzburg to Garmisch
- 17 Wine visits from Barcelona
- 18 Request Hotel Suggestion in London
- 19 Travelling to Russia during FIFA
- 20 Spain: train/rental car help
- 21 Athens hotel with Acropolis view from room/balcony
- 22 Paris Metro Entrances. How to find?
- 23 First time to Spain: Seville & Madrid
- 24 Slovenia, Austria, Switzerland, Italy - scenic road trips/countryside?
- 25 Loire Valley best place to linger
Florence, Rome and Venice Girls Getaway - Apartments & Neighborhoods