I am planning a trip to Italy, with a group of friends, in late April. A group of NYC women in our mid-30s and all, but myself, are first-time travelers to Europe (if this helps your response to my inquiry). We initially started our search considering tours, then travel packages, on to hotels and now I am interested in the idea of apartments.
To begin my search of apartments, I'd like to know which neighborhoods are ideal for each city. My preferences are (1) neighborhoods which would have us in or close to the city centers allowing us to walk to most sites or at least accessible to public transportation if we cannot walk. (2) We'd like the neighborhoods to be safe, obviously. (3) And neighborhoods which offer some local culture - eateries, markets, etc. I am realistic. I imagine I may not always get everything in one neighborhood - safety and accessibility are my top priorities.
The cities we will be visiting are: Venice, Florence and Rome.
If you have any SPECIFIC apartment recommendations to go along with your neighborhood recommendations, that would be even better.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Getting to Bolivia
- 2 Destination from London by train, advice please
- 3 International Flight Question
- 4 We're here!
- 5 Honeymoon on a Budget
- 6 Gorges du Tarn, accommodation & Activity recommendations
- 7 Island hopping Croatia - into nature/hiking
- 8 Dolomites for 6 nights
- 9 6-7 Days in France
- 10 Dijon in December!
- 11 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 12 Bernese Oberland + Luzern 4 days
- 13 I need help deciding ASAP!
- 14 Choosing a hotel - Campo de' Fiori or Piazza Venezia?
- 15 Not a good time to fly into LGW
- 16 Barcelona - How much Gaudi?
- 17 Europe Travel & Trivia Quiz #138- Bridges, Tunnels!
- 18 Venice, Florence - too many museums.
- 19 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 20 Input on Itinerary for Visit to Bavaria and Austria Fall 2017
- 21 Dresden: How Many Nights?
- 22 New Law Regarding Vacation Rentals in Paris
- 23 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 24 Korean Messages
- 25 Interesting places to visit
Florence, Rome and Venice Girls Getaway - Apartments & Neighborhoods