I am planning a trip to Italy, with a group of friends, in late April. A group of NYC women in our mid-30s and all, but myself, are first-time travelers to Europe (if this helps your response to my inquiry). We initially started our search considering tours, then travel packages, on to hotels and now I am interested in the idea of apartments.
To begin my search of apartments, I'd like to know which neighborhoods are ideal for each city. My preferences are (1) neighborhoods which would have us in or close to the city centers allowing us to walk to most sites or at least accessible to public transportation if we cannot walk. (2) We'd like the neighborhoods to be safe, obviously. (3) And neighborhoods which offer some local culture - eateries, markets, etc. I am realistic. I imagine I may not always get everything in one neighborhood - safety and accessibility are my top priorities.
The cities we will be visiting are: Venice, Florence and Rome.
If you have any SPECIFIC apartment recommendations to go along with your neighborhood recommendations, that would be even better.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Charles de Gaulle departure
- 2 Lake Geneva / Great St Bernard Pass / Milan / Naples
- 3 Croatia Itinerary help for 13 days in September 2017
- 4 Porte de Vanves or Clignancourt
- 5 Getting from Positano to Rome
- 6 SHIP LUGGAGE
- 7 2 Months in Sicily
- 8 France Part Deux - Itinerary Advice
- 9 Barcelona, hiking in Pyrenees + which other? (Costa Brava or Mallorca?)
- 10 Splitting 11 days between Amsterdam and Dubrovnik
- 11 What tips can you give about packing?
- 12 Ludwig Castles
- 13 Hallstatt tour recommendations?
- 14 Where to stay in SW Ireland, Killarney or Kenmare?
- 15 Experience with Earthbound Tours
- 16 Driving from Munich to Barcelona
- 17 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 18 Visiting Monte Carlo during Grand Prix week
- 19 Aix en Provence Day Trips
- 20 Two day Dublin itinerary
- 21 Short Trip in July
- 22 Springtime in Holland - Trip report
- 23 Advice for 5 Weeks in the Nordic Countries
- 24 HIking through France for 2 weeks
- 25 First trip to England & Ireland-9 days in August
Florence, Rome and Venice Girls Getaway - Apartments & Neighborhoods