Considering I plan to stay in Florence for 5/6 nights and also take 1/2 day-trip to a small tuscan town (using public transportation), which location would be ideal to stay in? Does it make sense to stay closer to the train/bus hub? In terms of public transportation from Florence to Tuscan towns, is it mostly trains or buses? Your recommendations for day-trips would be welcome.
Sorry for my lack of much research. I feel I am asking a lot of basic questions these days. But I have suddenly got 10 days notice to plan a 5 weeks Europe dream trip and all the help I am getting from the forum has been great!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Short Visit to Munich for the Christmas markets
- 2 Car rental help in Sicily
- 3 Meeting up in the Zurich airport
- 4 favorite app for converting US $$
- 5 Italy - hiking, active, with Sicily
- 6 Clean up spam
- 7 Versailles - Much More than the Palace!
- 8 Driving in Croatia
- 9 Croatia - Zadar or Hvar or Korcula?
- 10 Charming areas to explore in London
- 11 Paris drinks/dinner GTG April?
- 12 The Dordogne - Stu Dudley's Updated Itinerary
- 13 London - Vauxhall or Southwark?
- 14 Easter Week in Europe, Destination Suggestions Please
- 15 SNCF - low price for summer
- 16 A birthday dinner in Sevilla
- 17 Car Rental in France - Europcar
- 18 Transportation Question Italy
- 19 First timer/road trip, itenerary help
- 20 Meaning of BSB as type of German train/bus
- 21 Munich Hotel Location
- 22 San Gimignano area of Italy
- 23 Italy Itinerary Advice
- 24 Berner Oberland - Mild winter, early spring
- 25 Family Friendly Day Trips from Arezzo