Considering I plan to stay in Florence for 5/6 nights and also take 1/2 day-trip to a small tuscan town (using public transportation), which location would be ideal to stay in? Does it make sense to stay closer to the train/bus hub? In terms of public transportation from Florence to Tuscan towns, is it mostly trains or buses? Your recommendations for day-trips would be welcome.
Sorry for my lack of much research. I feel I am asking a lot of basic questions these days. But I have suddenly got 10 days notice to plan a 5 weeks Europe dream trip and all the help I am getting from the forum has been great!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Bridging the gap between US and Europe
- 2 Spain in July
- 3 Intercity Notte training boarding time
- 4 Wimbledon Debenture tickets
- 5 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 6 Paris day trips August
- 7 Transportation from Brno train station
- 8 Destination from London by train, advice please
- 9 Rare Curiosity-Piquing Photos From Rome + Thank You
- 10 FOCUS ON FRANCE: Paris and South of France
- 11 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 12 Itinerary check for Sicily, please!!
- 13 4 Days in Amalfi in April - Without a car??
- 14 Venice, Florence - too many museums.
- 15 Scandinavia - By land or by sea?
- 16 We're here!
- 17 10 days in Paris and......
- 18 AIR BERLIN SALE
- 19 Moving to Italy
- 20 Sardinia-too busy early/mid July??
- 21 WB Harry Potter Studios Sold Out
- 22 airports near Delphi or Kalabaka
- 23 Input desired concerning my Sicily itinerary
- 24 Rick Steves Alternatives
- 25 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary