Considering I plan to stay in Florence for 5/6 nights and also take 1/2 day-trip to a small tuscan town (using public transportation), which location would be ideal to stay in? Does it make sense to stay closer to the train/bus hub? In terms of public transportation from Florence to Tuscan towns, is it mostly trains or buses? Your recommendations for day-trips would be welcome.
Sorry for my lack of much research. I feel I am asking a lot of basic questions these days. But I have suddenly got 10 days notice to plan a 5 weeks Europe dream trip and all the help I am getting from the forum has been great!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help with out two middle days in Puglia
- 2 Croatia trip Planning
- 3 If you had to choose one......
- 4 Base for wine tasting and last night in Lisbon
- 5 Scotland better in July or Aug/Sept?
- 6 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 7 Portugal--Lisbon, Douro, Porto
- 8 Portugal and Spain itinerary help!
- 9 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 10 Church service in Dubrovnik
- 11 Driving in Italy?
- 12 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 13 family holiday Rome&Venice
- 14 Tour groups
- 15 Need help with itinerary & trains
- 16 Itinerary help for first trip to Greece
- 17 Ireland in April
- 18 Life on the Farm Draws Some French
- 19 Notes on Venice, Bassano del Grappa, Garda, Cremona & Milan (Sept 2016)
- 20 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 21 So much to do, so little time!
- 22 Ireland Trip Planning Advice
- 23 Baby Milk
- 24 How is the drive from Munich to Paris?
- 25 More earthquakes in central Italy