First and foremost, I would like to thank all of my fellow travelers for helpful suggestions with respect to the planning of my trip! I am leaving in exactly one week from today and would love any last minute tips/ideas. For example, which are the best day trips from each of the cities I am travelling to:
Lake Como: 5/29-6/3 Friend's wedding
Florence: Hotel Continentale 6/3-6/7
Capri: JK Place 6/7-6/11
Amalfi: Convento di Amalfi: 6/11-6/14
My husband and I are going to rent a car while in Amalfi, so we can drive around and explore Positano, Sorrento, etc.
While in Capri, any suggestions? Day trips? Should we rent a boat?
While in Florence, aside from the museums, we are thinking Fiesole, Siena, san gimignano. Any place else? Can anyone suggest a wine tasting tour?
Thanks in advance! This is so not like me to leave all of this for the last minute, but life has thrown me a few curve balls lately!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 My Ring Road experience in Iceland
- 2 Aix-- looking for a few obscure ideas
- 3 First Trip from Boston to Italy
- 4 Best way from London to Gatwick these days?
- 5 Lamezia Terme, Italy
- 6 Paris cooking classes
- 7 Starting my Paris plan for May
- 8 No Periods in British Written English!
- 9 Rouen Tour Companies
- 10 St Denis Cathedral
- 11 Sicily-Driving from Taormina to Cefalu
- 12 Scotland 10 Nights - Trying To Narrow Down Where To Go & Stay
- 13 Ireland itinerary help please
- 14 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 15 UK itinerary advice (family of 4)
- 16 Review Final Iceland Itinerary Please
- 17 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 18 booking hotels on trip advisor vs booking.com, etc
- 19 What crazy coincidence or chance meeting have you had while traveling?
- 20 Four Nights free after Monmouth, Wales & before London.
- 21 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 22 Americans moving to Europe - Suggestions?
- 23 Weighing hand luggage at CDG security now
- 24 Day trip to Lake Como from Milan
- 25 Ronda Wine/biking