First and foremost, I would like to thank all of my fellow travelers for helpful suggestions with respect to the planning of my trip! I am leaving in exactly one week from today and would love any last minute tips/ideas. For example, which are the best day trips from each of the cities I am travelling to:
Lake Como: 5/29-6/3 Friend's wedding
Florence: Hotel Continentale 6/3-6/7
Capri: JK Place 6/7-6/11
Amalfi: Convento di Amalfi: 6/11-6/14
My husband and I are going to rent a car while in Amalfi, so we can drive around and explore Positano, Sorrento, etc.
While in Capri, any suggestions? Day trips? Should we rent a boat?
While in Florence, aside from the museums, we are thinking Fiesole, Siena, san gimignano. Any place else? Can anyone suggest a wine tasting tour?
Thanks in advance! This is so not like me to leave all of this for the last minute, but life has thrown me a few curve balls lately!
Florence, Capri and Amalfi
- 1 Bavarian Honeymoon Suggestions
- 2 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 3 Chambermaid tipping
- 4 Orvieto ro Pompei day trip in late December?
- 5 How to get from airport to Venice city
- 6 Greek islands from Turkey
- 7 Best option for Dollars to Euros for apartment payment"
- 8 Travelling with Alitalia. MIA-FCO-AOI Carry-on or Check-in baggage?
- 9 Italian Lakes gardens
- 10 Alps/countryside off the beaten path suggestion - daytrip near Zurich
- 11 First time traveler to Ireland
- 12 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 13 Euro Train
- 14 Advent weekend in Quedlinburg
- 15 Geneva-Verbier-Zurich
- 16 Dresden Train Station
- 17 Advice on relocating to Italy?
- 18 Help me plan a vacation to Paris!
- 19 Mad Dash Across Too Much - Rome
- 20 Novels set in Greece
- 21 London for Christmas
- 22 Istanbul and Cappadocia in 10 days - trip report
- 23 London's Proposed New Airport...
- 24 Stories from London, France, Italy & more - Trip Report
- 25 Waltz performances in Stadtpark Vienna