First and foremost, I would like to thank all of my fellow travelers for helpful suggestions with respect to the planning of my trip! I am leaving in exactly one week from today and would love any last minute tips/ideas. For example, which are the best day trips from each of the cities I am travelling to:
Lake Como: 5/29-6/3 Friend's wedding
Florence: Hotel Continentale 6/3-6/7
Capri: JK Place 6/7-6/11
Amalfi: Convento di Amalfi: 6/11-6/14
My husband and I are going to rent a car while in Amalfi, so we can drive around and explore Positano, Sorrento, etc.
While in Capri, any suggestions? Day trips? Should we rent a boat?
While in Florence, aside from the museums, we are thinking Fiesole, Siena, san gimignano. Any place else? Can anyone suggest a wine tasting tour?
Thanks in advance! This is so not like me to leave all of this for the last minute, but life has thrown me a few curve balls lately!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Train in Switzerland from Basel to Zermatt to Zurich
- 2 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 3 Greek Islands (small)
- 4 Help with purchasing a wedding gift card
- 5 Cell Phone Question
- 6 Planning a solo trip mostly to France, advice please!
- 7 Houses, Gardens & Walking in England
- 8 Aix en Provence Day Trips
- 9 Opinion on sights in Florence
- 10 Which is the cheapest country (and gorgeous) in Europe?
- 11 Where to go...one month w/a one year old
- 12 Advice on Sicily & Aeolian Islands
- 13 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 14 Driving from Spain to Portugal - passport check?
- 15 Campervan in Croatia
- 16 advance tickets?
- 17 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 18 San Francisco retirees would like to move to Paris for a year- crazy idea?
- 19 Connection time of 1:25 in Zurich on flight from US. Enough time?
- 20 Reputable Apartment Company in Granada
- 21 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 22 Como Bus to Bellagio
- 23 Advice for 5 Weeks in the Nordic Countries
- 24 Neighborhood for Dubrovnik
- 25 Venice > Garda > Verona > Bologna thoughts