Hello dear Fodor Friends..
I am so burned out looking at Florence apartments. Any input welcome.
I've looked at VRBO, RentalinRome(RentalnFlorence), AirBNB, TripAdvisor, etc...
Many have fine apartments... if it was just vacation. My problem is that of the 10 days/nights I will be in Florence this May, five of those I will need to "work". That means I need a apartment with reliable, dedicated high-speed internet.
Alas, most apartment owners only list "wifi" or "high speed wifi", but neither of those truly tells me I'm going to get what I need. I don't know what is considered "high speed" in Italy. Surely, it could be the same as here. But when I start asking about speed, I'm wondering if I'm going to get an honest answer or something they think I want to hear. Additionally, I see apartments that are all in one building and suspect that (like my last apartment in Rome), the "internet connection" was shared by several people in the building- it was not dedicated to that one apartment.
If anyone has any ideas on how to find what I need, I would appreciate it. I am really not that picky about the actual apartment. I need something quiet (as I'll be working 4-11:30pm Italy time on those work days); one bedroom; kitchen; a/c; I like something with good light; and a lift if it is higher than the Italy 1st floor. Non-smoking is a must.
Since 3 of the other 10 days are planned day trips, if I had a choice, I'd find something within 10-15 minutes walk of SMNovella.
Anyway, that's it. Any input appreciated.
thanks! Happy New Year to everyone, but especially my old friends here on Fodors. And you know who you are!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 London GTG in June, Anyone?
- 2 What tips can you give about packing?
- 3 Croatia Itinerary help for 13 days in September 2017
- 4 Porte de Vanves or Clignancourt
- 5 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 6 Charles de Gaulle departure
- 7 Getting from Positano to Rome
- 8 Lake Geneva / Great St Bernard Pass / Milan / Naples
- 9 SHIP LUGGAGE
- 10 2 Months in Sicily
- 11 France Part Deux - Itinerary Advice
- 12 Barcelona, hiking in Pyrenees + which other? (Costa Brava or Mallorca?)
- 13 Splitting 11 days between Amsterdam and Dubrovnik
- 14 Ludwig Castles
- 15 Hallstatt tour recommendations?
- 16 Where to stay in SW Ireland, Killarney or Kenmare?
- 17 Experience with Earthbound Tours
- 18 Driving from Munich to Barcelona
- 19 Visiting Monte Carlo during Grand Prix week
- 20 Aix en Provence Day Trips
- 21 Two day Dublin itinerary
- 22 Short Trip in July
- 23 Springtime in Holland - Trip report
- 24 Advice for 5 Weeks in the Nordic Countries
- 25 HIking through France for 2 weeks
Hello dear Fodor Friends..