Hello dear Fodor Friends..
I am so burned out looking at Florence apartments. Any input welcome.
I've looked at VRBO, RentalinRome(RentalnFlorence), AirBNB, TripAdvisor, etc...
Many have fine apartments... if it was just vacation. My problem is that of the 10 days/nights I will be in Florence this May, five of those I will need to "work". That means I need a apartment with reliable, dedicated high-speed internet.
Alas, most apartment owners only list "wifi" or "high speed wifi", but neither of those truly tells me I'm going to get what I need. I don't know what is considered "high speed" in Italy. Surely, it could be the same as here. But when I start asking about speed, I'm wondering if I'm going to get an honest answer or something they think I want to hear. Additionally, I see apartments that are all in one building and suspect that (like my last apartment in Rome), the "internet connection" was shared by several people in the building- it was not dedicated to that one apartment.
If anyone has any ideas on how to find what I need, I would appreciate it. I am really not that picky about the actual apartment. I need something quiet (as I'll be working 4-11:30pm Italy time on those work days); one bedroom; kitchen; a/c; I like something with good light; and a lift if it is higher than the Italy 1st floor. Non-smoking is a must.
Since 3 of the other 10 days are planned day trips, if I had a choice, I'd find something within 10-15 minutes walk of SMNovella.
Anyway, that's it. Any input appreciated.
thanks! Happy New Year to everyone, but especially my old friends here on Fodors. And you know who you are!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 정선바카라∬¯) ＴＯ４５２。ⅭＯℳ (¯∬【슈퍼카지노】
- 2 강원랜드바카라∬¯) ＴＯ４５２。ⅭＯℳ (¯∬【슈퍼카지노】
- 3 다모아바카라∬¯) ＴＯ４５２。ⅭＯℳ (¯∬【슈퍼카지노】
- 4 CDG airport and connection time
- 5 Itinerary help for first trip to Greece
- 6 car for four adults and four bikes
- 7 Train travel vs rental car in Slovenia and Croatia
- 8 Planning to visit Barcelona and Paris
- 9 Spending Money for 10 Days in France/Italy
- 10 4 days itinerary for France
- 11 French restaurants
- 12 Switzerland
- 13 If you had to choose one......
- 14 Marksburg Castle Transport Question
- 15 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 16 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 17 Beginning Itinerary Guidance
- 18 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 19 Itinerary and transportation suggestions
- 20 Q re: holiday season in Italy
- 21 Spanish Language Immersion for young teenager in SPAIN
- 22 days and times when museums and suchlike close
- 23 HELP PLEASE! Skiing in Zermatt this March
- 24 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 25 Road Trip From Frankfurt
Hello dear Fodor Friends..