Hello dear Fodor Friends..
I am so burned out looking at Florence apartments. Any input welcome.
I've looked at VRBO, RentalinRome(RentalnFlorence), AirBNB, TripAdvisor, etc...
Many have fine apartments... if it was just vacation. My problem is that of the 10 days/nights I will be in Florence this May, five of those I will need to "work". That means I need a apartment with reliable, dedicated high-speed internet.
Alas, most apartment owners only list "wifi" or "high speed wifi", but neither of those truly tells me I'm going to get what I need. I don't know what is considered "high speed" in Italy. Surely, it could be the same as here. But when I start asking about speed, I'm wondering if I'm going to get an honest answer or something they think I want to hear. Additionally, I see apartments that are all in one building and suspect that (like my last apartment in Rome), the "internet connection" was shared by several people in the building- it was not dedicated to that one apartment.
If anyone has any ideas on how to find what I need, I would appreciate it. I am really not that picky about the actual apartment. I need something quiet (as I'll be working 4-11:30pm Italy time on those work days); one bedroom; kitchen; a/c; I like something with good light; and a lift if it is higher than the Italy 1st floor. Non-smoking is a must.
Since 3 of the other 10 days are planned day trips, if I had a choice, I'd find something within 10-15 minutes walk of SMNovella.
Anyway, that's it. Any input appreciated.
thanks! Happy New Year to everyone, but especially my old friends here on Fodors. And you know who you are!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 HP PRINTER 1800:681:7208 installation CONTACT HP Tec*h care 24/7
- 2 Paging @bobthenavigator and others for Amalfi Coast accommodation advice
- 3 Paris Neighborhood Help
- 4 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 5 Ambitious 1st time trip through Europe whilst pregnant??
- 6 Caution picking car from Europcar at Stazione Termini
- 7 Scotland in 18 nights, smirr and sun and mud!
- 8 Trip planning to Paris, Lyon, Strasbourg
- 9 Long weekend in Albania
- 10 Question about Loire Valley châteaux
- 11 Airfare from Paris to Bastia
- 12 Hotels in Seville and Cordoba
- 13 hill of crosses
- 14 Barcelona - Safety/Language/Trip Ideas
- 15 Ok then, what trip was difficult to organize?
- 16 Driving through Paris
- 17 Planning A trip
- 18 To the top of Europe, and back again.
- 19 A week in the Occitanie
- 20 Munich and....???
- 21 Iceland March Itinerary
- 22 Itinerary input for trip to Spain and France
- 23 Vacation apartment registration begins in Paris 1 Oct
- 24 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 25 Arenalullring area Seville?
Hello dear Fodor Friends..