Hello dear Fodor Friends..
I am so burned out looking at Florence apartments. Any input welcome.
I've looked at VRBO, RentalinRome(RentalnFlorence), AirBNB, TripAdvisor, etc...
Many have fine apartments... if it was just vacation. My problem is that of the 10 days/nights I will be in Florence this May, five of those I will need to "work". That means I need a apartment with reliable, dedicated high-speed internet.
Alas, most apartment owners only list "wifi" or "high speed wifi", but neither of those truly tells me I'm going to get what I need. I don't know what is considered "high speed" in Italy. Surely, it could be the same as here. But when I start asking about speed, I'm wondering if I'm going to get an honest answer or something they think I want to hear. Additionally, I see apartments that are all in one building and suspect that (like my last apartment in Rome), the "internet connection" was shared by several people in the building- it was not dedicated to that one apartment.
If anyone has any ideas on how to find what I need, I would appreciate it. I am really not that picky about the actual apartment. I need something quiet (as I'll be working 4-11:30pm Italy time on those work days); one bedroom; kitchen; a/c; I like something with good light; and a lift if it is higher than the Italy 1st floor. Non-smoking is a must.
Since 3 of the other 10 days are planned day trips, if I had a choice, I'd find something within 10-15 minutes walk of SMNovella.
Anyway, that's it. Any input appreciated.
thanks! Happy New Year to everyone, but especially my old friends here on Fodors. And you know who you are!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 London with Teens Trip Report
- 2 Dublin & Environs with Teens Trip Report
- 3 Searching for a restaurant in Le Marais for Sunday lunch in August
- 4 Fly out Venice or Rome
- 5 PORTO (???) combine with Galicia??
- 6 Breakfast Outside of Dublin off M7 (Driving to West Coast)
- 7 Booking Irish Rail ticket
- 8 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 9 2 weeks Croatia Itinerary - Doable??
- 10 Coordinating Transportation and Lodging near Leicester
- 11 Lake Como AREA questions
- 12 Berlin to ?
- 13 Exploring Lisbon & where else?
- 14 Italy- dolomites and cinque terre
- 15 Charming Balcony Hotel in Le Marais?
- 16 3 Weeks in Sicilia!!
- 17 Day Trips from Zug in Switzerland
- 18 Hotel Recommendations in Paris
- 19 Cortona -- just a passing thought
- 20 Late November with a 7-month-old - Portugal?
- 21 9 days UK itinerary help!
- 22 Greece
- 23 8 days in st Remy - surprise trip for hubby
- 24 Language course in Trieste, Northern Italy
- 25 Spain - day driver advice
Hello dear Fodor Friends..