I've pre-booked the Vatican Museums/Sistine Chapel for our Christmas week visit (because I figure there will be crowds and it is closed the 25th, 26th and 29th and free -- thus crowded -- on the 27th).
But I was wondering if this will be necessary/recommended for the Uffizi and/or the Accademia for our day-trip to Florence on the Friday after Christmas -- the 28th.
In other words -- what will the crowds be like in Florence on the Friday after Christmas?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 fear of driving in rome!
- 2 Monti in Rome, your thoughts please
- 3 London, guided tours vs "do it oursleves"
- 4 Le Marche, Italy
- 5 Where to stay in Italy for a month in Oct/Nov
- 6 itinerary help for 14 days on Sicily
- 7 ATM skimmer - good example of a traveler finding one in Vienna
- 8 Will July 23 Become England's Independence Day?
- 9 Need help identifying something in Barcelona
- 10 Itinerary set for my grand Basque adventure
- 11 Milan overnight or not en route to MXP with 2 kids
- 12 1 week in Cornwall, England
- 13 European Championship
- 14 to do with kids 2 1/2 days with a layover in frankfurt
- 15 Help. Medical escort needed after accident during holiday.
- 16 MADRID-ARANDA DEL DUERO-BURGOS- (??)
- 17 Our Amalfi Coast Adventure—Orlando to Dublin to Naples to Praiano
- 18 Trip Report: Edinburgh, York, Cornwall and Highclere
- 19 Two nights with kids in Normandy/Brittany
- 20 Lisboa upscale hotel choice (??)
- 21 Bellissimo Rome, Amalfi Coast, Florence and Caserta: Our wonderful trip
- 22 Scotland--transport from Dundee wharf to Edinburgh city center
- 23 Elbe Bike Trip 2 with a nasty end
- 24 Italy trains question
- 25 Drive from Vejer to Granada
Florence - Accademia/Uffizi pre-booked tix necessary Christmas week?