I've pre-booked the Vatican Museums/Sistine Chapel for our Christmas week visit (because I figure there will be crowds and it is closed the 25th, 26th and 29th and free -- thus crowded -- on the 27th).
But I was wondering if this will be necessary/recommended for the Uffizi and/or the Accademia for our day-trip to Florence on the Friday after Christmas -- the 28th.
In other words -- what will the crowds be like in Florence on the Friday after Christmas?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help with Itinerary (specific ?s around Emilia-Romagna, Tuscany, Naples)
- 2 Is it really 100 degrees F. in Paris???
- 3 Do Franprix or Monoprix stores offer delivery services?
- 4 Self-driving in Iceland
- 5 B&Bs/hotels near Kinsale?
- 6 Pegontheroad in eastern Europe
- 7 Travel tips for Budapest-July 2016
- 8 Trip Report: Bellagio, Milan, Venice, Cinque Terre and Piedmont
- 9 Budapest questions round 1
- 10 Iceland - a brief trip report
- 11 Need help with packing for a trip to Rome, Cinque Terre and Switzerland
- 12 Trip Report: Eight Days in Amsterdam and Belgium
- 13 Fabulous Greece-Santorini, Naxos and Athens
- 14 Help with recommendations in Croatia
- 15 First EuroTrip decision/planning help
- 16 If Greece exits
- 17 Itinerary help for Bavaria
- 18 Beautiful Engadin is suffering
- 19 Traveling solo in the Loire Valley / train or car? best base?
- 20 Rafting Gorge du Verdon
- 21 Railpass VS Point-to-Point
- 22 5 nights near British Museum mid September?
- 23 Scandinavian and Baltic Adventure - our trip report
- 24 Riviera roadtrip
- 25 7 Days, 7 Counties, 3 Generations Southwest Sampler
Florence - Accademia/Uffizi pre-booked tix necessary Christmas week?