Hi to all,
We are planning to do the Norway in a Nutshell in the middle of October, Oslo-Bergen one way (starting in Oslo, train to Myrdal and then to Flåm). We want to stay the night either in Flåm or in Balestrand, but we want to continue the Norway in a Nutshell through the Nærøyfjord and Gudvangen instead of going by ferry from Balestrand to Bergen, meaning that we will need to take an early ferry back to Flåm, or change in Aurland midway to take the ferry to Gudvangen.
I have read that Balestrand is a must see and that we should not miss it. Yet we will be there in the middle of October, meaning that daylight will be reduced. Would you still recommend to stay the night in Balestrand or just stay in Flåm?
Thank you for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris/Loire Valley than ?
- 2 European Travel - Trivia Quiz #151
- 3 Our (Somewhat) Laid Back Tour of Old Fave Stops in Italy
- 4 Itinerary? Mystras? Stay over or stay in Nafplion
- 5 Isles of Scilly - Anyone Been?
- 6 A week in Croatia with kids
- 7 Credit or debit card or cash in Europe
- 8 Warsaw Pollution Reaches Record Highs...
- 9 How prepared where you for the trip to Iceland?
- 10 Anyplace worth stopping a night between Hallstatt and Venice?
- 11 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 12 Premier League Tickets on Craigslist
- 13 Summer School in France
- 14 Bars & Restaurants in Madrid Spain
- 15 Advice on use of Toll roads in Portugal
- 16 Please help me with the name of this town in Spain
- 17 Surprise trip to Greece!
- 18 Pre-Booking Athens / Cell Phone
- 19 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 20 Luggage for train travel in Europe
- 21 Cutback on Spain trip
- 22 May/June 2016 - Switzerland, Germany, and Austria - Hiking Included
- 23 where to stay in London?
- 24 Railpass or point-to-point tickets
- 25 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
Hi to all,