Hi to all,
We are planning to do the Norway in a Nutshell in the middle of October, Oslo-Bergen one way (starting in Oslo, train to Myrdal and then to Flåm). We want to stay the night either in Flåm or in Balestrand, but we want to continue the Norway in a Nutshell through the Nærøyfjord and Gudvangen instead of going by ferry from Balestrand to Bergen, meaning that we will need to take an early ferry back to Flåm, or change in Aurland midway to take the ferry to Gudvangen.
I have read that Balestrand is a must see and that we should not miss it. Yet we will be there in the middle of October, meaning that daylight will be reduced. Would you still recommend to stay the night in Balestrand or just stay in Flåm?
Thank you for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 2 Travel options from Budapest to Zagreb
- 3 Amsterdam and Germany 9 days
- 4 The Mystic East - a tale of hot food, hot weather, airmiles and imodium.
- 5 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 6 Six Nights (and days) in the Marais
- 7 Fodors IT team, ITS TIME.
- 8 Interesting places to visit
- 9 SOUTH OF FRANCE / ITALY ITINERARY SUGGESTIONS
- 10 Amalfi Coast - help!
- 11 Full day in Sintra..what to focus on
- 12 Reliable tour companies for day trips?
- 13 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 14 Short Spain Trip - questions
- 15 Advice on Berlin hotels
- 16 3 weeks in Italy - Family of 4
- 17 London: Flaming June and Pirates of Penzeance!
- 18 Input on Itinerary for Visit to Bavaria and Austria Fall 2017
- 19 Europe Travel & Trivia Quiz #138- Bridges, Tunnels!
- 20 From Portugal to the Pyrenees and onto Paris
- 21 Train help for Prague
- 22 Germany train help!
- 23 Acropolis Athens
- 24 Scandinavia - By land or by sea?
- 25 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
Hi to all,