I am a 23 year old Canadian travelling with my Mom to Europe in May - it's her first time out of North America and it has always been her dream to see Europe. So far I have booked the flights to and from Canada (960 CAD each round trip).
This is our itinerary:
May 11: arrive in London Heathrow at 12:05
May 16: London to Berlin
May 20: Berlin to Santorini
May 25: Santorini to Rome
...train to Florence within here...
June 1: Depart from Rome at 15:15
I personally have been to Italy, but not London, Berlin or Santorini.
I am now booking the internal flights. So far I have found a flight from London to Berlin via Ryanair for 50 CAD. However I have noticed that this flies from Stansted and lands in Schonefeld. Then I was planning on using Aegean Airlines - 300 CAD to Santorini and 150 CAD from Santorini to Rome. These fly in and out of Tegel airport in Berlin.
So my question is - would it be a nuisance to fly via Ryanair to these smaller airports (especially when thinking of hotel location, etc), or is public transportation great enough in Berlin and London to easily get around to and from both airports no matter where our hotel is? Do those sound like decent flight options?
Thank you so much for your help! Any other suggestions regarding my itinerary, or in general are very welcome!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Positano vs. Amalfi vs. Praiano
- 2 First - but not last - trip to Greece
- 3 Online Site for Alhambra Tickets
- 4 Venice to Zermatt by Train
- 5 OUR 2-WEEK SPANISH JOURNEY: MADRID, TOLEDO, AND ANDALUCIA!
- 6 Destination ideas for 88 year old
- 7 Itinerary between Milan and Venice
- 8 Venice, Florence, Umbria, Rome, AND Amalfi?
- 9 Solo accommodation -- London -- Dec 19-ish
- 10 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 11 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 12 Cyclades w/kids & my ruins-fanatic DH (itin and accommodation advice)
- 13 Ok then, what trip was difficult to organize?
- 14 Arenalullring area Seville?
- 15 Paging @bobthenavigator and others for Amalfi Coast accommodation advice
- 16 Bruges
- 17 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 18 Birthday dinner in Salzburg
- 19 Scotland in 18 nights, smirr and sun and mud!
- 20 Boozing and Bathing in Budapest!
- 21 6 months in Europe itinerary-Countries
- 22 Trip planning to Paris, Lyon, Strasbourg
- 23 Planning A trip
- 24 A week in the Occitanie
- 25 Question about Loire Valley châteaux