I am a 23 year old Canadian travelling with my Mom to Europe in May - it's her first time out of North America and it has always been her dream to see Europe. So far I have booked the flights to and from Canada (960 CAD each round trip).
This is our itinerary:
May 11: arrive in London Heathrow at 12:05
May 16: London to Berlin
May 20: Berlin to Santorini
May 25: Santorini to Rome
...train to Florence within here...
June 1: Depart from Rome at 15:15
I personally have been to Italy, but not London, Berlin or Santorini.
I am now booking the internal flights. So far I have found a flight from London to Berlin via Ryanair for 50 CAD. However I have noticed that this flies from Stansted and lands in Schonefeld. Then I was planning on using Aegean Airlines - 300 CAD to Santorini and 150 CAD from Santorini to Rome. These fly in and out of Tegel airport in Berlin.
So my question is - would it be a nuisance to fly via Ryanair to these smaller airports (especially when thinking of hotel location, etc), or is public transportation great enough in Berlin and London to easily get around to and from both airports no matter where our hotel is? Do those sound like decent flight options?
Thank you so much for your help! Any other suggestions regarding my itinerary, or in general are very welcome!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Flight
- 2 Greece mainland and islands for 3 weeks
- 3 Greece - 8 days - Recommendations please!
- 4 Mid-late Oct in Slovenia?
- 5 Uber in Rome & Lisbon
- 6 Outstanding Bangalore Escorts Agency
- 7 Airports in France - help with transport between them
- 8 First time to Spain: Seville & Madrid
- 9 Edinburgh's Fringe Festival...A Most Unique and Eclectic Event!
- 10 Help with my trip to Paris and London
- 11 A few more questions about Brittany
- 12 Dollars exchange to pounds
- 13 Greece or Spain in late November - December with a baby
- 14 Neuschwanstein Castle and Munich
- 15 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 16 Travelogue of our trip to Southern Italy
- 17 Paris to Giverny train ticket sold out
- 18 Sweet villages to base in La Rioja
- 19 Mr & Mrs Annhig need your help planning bucket list trip to Switzerland
- 20 Where to stay in London, Amsterdam and Paris?
- 21 Slovenia or South Tyrol
- 22 Italy apps or guidebooks
- 23 Train from Barcelona to Madrid
- 24 11 Days in Ireland w few hotel changes
- 25 Where to stay outsiiide of Florence