I didn't tag any particular country, as this is really a general question. And I know that there is no crystal ball and information will be changing as I get closer to my trip.
My boys and I fly into Brussels on June 22nd and according to the Brussels Airport website they will be operating a 1/5 capacity for "months". I am in contact with American Airlines, but long story short, I am worried that I will find out shortly before our 4 week trip, that my flight is going to be cancelled. I can't get a straight answer from American if that's even a possibility.
Currently they are allowing changes to flights occurring within a particular travel period (end of April). That will shift as American airlines gets more information.
Here's my question. Maybe some of you have a better understanding of how airlines work. If given the opportunity, do I change my flights and pay the difference which at least guarantees me a flight? Or do I cross my fingers and hope American won't cancel my flights?
Again, I know there is no guarantee, but I'd like to run this by someone.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 BROTHER@ printer Errors CONTACT ☎ 1:888:279:0246 Tec*h Care 24x7.
- 2 Hotels in Turin
- 3 4 Days in Europe! Paris, Lisbon, or...?
- 4 Help on ancient history route
- 5 3 days solo in London
- 6 Chania
- 7 Days to Avoid Roussillon, Gordes, etc.
- 8 Now to Madrid
- 9 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 10 Lunch in Lake Garda
- 11 Trip Report: The last hurrah? A fortnight in Lake Como
- 12 Village visit in Northern Italy
- 13 Natural History Museum: Wildlife Photographer of the Year
- 14 May Honeymoon in Sorrento?
- 15 Riviera di Ponente in mid October
- 16 Where to stay first night near Manchester
- 17 If you visit London, go to the Kew Gardens!
- 18 Sicily: which coast?
- 19 Packing for Sicily and Sardenia: Need anything Warm?
- 20 Day trips from Seville -Granada, Cadiz&Jerez or white villages
- 21 Frankfurt to Achen travel by train
- 22 stopover between antequerra and granada?
- 23 Laura and Steve's Spanish Adventure
- 24 Edinbrugh
- 25 Berlin to ?