I didn't tag any particular country, as this is really a general question. And I know that there is no crystal ball and information will be changing as I get closer to my trip.
My boys and I fly into Brussels on June 22nd and according to the Brussels Airport website they will be operating a 1/5 capacity for "months". I am in contact with American Airlines, but long story short, I am worried that I will find out shortly before our 4 week trip, that my flight is going to be cancelled. I can't get a straight answer from American if that's even a possibility.
Currently they are allowing changes to flights occurring within a particular travel period (end of April). That will shift as American airlines gets more information.
Here's my question. Maybe some of you have a better understanding of how airlines work. If given the opportunity, do I change my flights and pay the difference which at least guarantees me a flight? Or do I cross my fingers and hope American won't cancel my flights?
Again, I know there is no guarantee, but I'd like to run this by someone.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Do I Tip the Maid & How Much, Paris 3* Hotel?
- 2 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 3 Anthropology and Archeology for the Turkey Traveler
- 4 Les bons plans de Whathello - St Tropez - Resto
- 5 Maximizing Relaxation, Minimizing Hassles
- 6 limousine services - milan - rome
- 7 Regarding Residence Permit
- 8 Which are the most beautiful tourist attractions, Tenerife Spain ?
- 9 Flight from Athens to Santorini- is this enough time?
- 10 Homesaty
- 11 Italian Opera-Edinburgh Tattoo-"Great" Houses-Cornwall: Ongoing and FINAL
- 12 The herbs in pure slim 365
- 13 Great Fare Sale Emirate Air
- 14 My bucket list first trip to Italy
- 15 Towns or hikes along Lake Lucerne
- 16 Route des Vins
- 17 Seville: Churches and Convent
- 18 2 days in Florence
- 19 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 20 Switzerland part of 3-week trip
- 21 train from Bucharest to Brasov
- 22 Paris Metro Entrances. How to find?
- 23 base for Andalucia
- 24 Private tour guides in Bayeux
- 25 Scilly Islands --Abbey Gardens --Tresco