I didn't tag any particular country, as this is really a general question. And I know that there is no crystal ball and information will be changing as I get closer to my trip.
My boys and I fly into Brussels on June 22nd and according to the Brussels Airport website they will be operating a 1/5 capacity for "months". I am in contact with American Airlines, but long story short, I am worried that I will find out shortly before our 4 week trip, that my flight is going to be cancelled. I can't get a straight answer from American if that's even a possibility.
Currently they are allowing changes to flights occurring within a particular travel period (end of April). That will shift as American airlines gets more information.
Here's my question. Maybe some of you have a better understanding of how airlines work. If given the opportunity, do I change my flights and pay the difference which at least guarantees me a flight? Or do I cross my fingers and hope American won't cancel my flights?
Again, I know there is no guarantee, but I'd like to run this by someone.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Vacation apartment registration begins in Paris 1 Oct
- 2 One last lunch in Rome - recommendations near Vatican City please
- 3 Paris to Italy
- 4 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 5 Spanish Medical Providers
- 6 Electrical Power Conversion
- 7 Planes, Train, and, well, no automobiles
- 8 Douro Valley in January?
- 9 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 10 Rome or Lisbon during end of November? Please help me pick
- 11 Greek Islands - Which to use as our base?
- 12 Switzerland Trip Report 7 Days September End
- 13 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 14 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 15 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 16 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 17 London Under the Path: Riding the Underground Mail Rail Line
- 18 So Many Places, So Little Time-17 Day Euro Trip--HELP!
- 19 Stanbr and Lolly visit Eastern Crete
- 20 Great Value Vacations - NOT
- 21 Restaurant recs for French food in Montreux and surrounding area
- 22 Travel from Lisbon to Amsterdam to Boston
- 23 Christmas Markets France/Germany
- 24 Sicily in feb? If not, where to from Israel?
- 25 Day Trips from Kaiserslautern During Winter Holidays?