I didn't tag any particular country, as this is really a general question. And I know that there is no crystal ball and information will be changing as I get closer to my trip.
My boys and I fly into Brussels on June 22nd and according to the Brussels Airport website they will be operating a 1/5 capacity for "months". I am in contact with American Airlines, but long story short, I am worried that I will find out shortly before our 4 week trip, that my flight is going to be cancelled. I can't get a straight answer from American if that's even a possibility.
Currently they are allowing changes to flights occurring within a particular travel period (end of April). That will shift as American airlines gets more information.
Here's my question. Maybe some of you have a better understanding of how airlines work. If given the opportunity, do I change my flights and pay the difference which at least guarantees me a flight? Or do I cross my fingers and hope American won't cancel my flights?
Again, I know there is no guarantee, but I'd like to run this by someone.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Need help completing my itinerary. So Much to see!
- 2 "Never Mind"
- 3 Our Itinerary for 25 Days in Portugal
- 4 Paris with a toddler and a baby
- 5 Killarney
- 6 Cornwall Advice
- 7 New York Kennedy to Rome Fiumicino Airport Terminals Clarification
- 8 Paris/Loire Valley than ?
- 9 Affordable 1 year French courses in France? Recommendations?
- 10 Florence Travel Guide
- 11 Portugal and Spain itinerary help!
- 12 Connecting flight time in Europe
- 13 Trump alleged to be "keen" for US to join Commonwealth
- 14 Looking for suggestions car trip starting Amsterdam to nice
- 15 London: Travel Alert for Kings Cross Station!
- 16 Upcoming trip to Penzance, Cornwall
- 17 Rome Advice?
- 18 2 WEEK EUROPE ITINERARY
- 19 Well with itinerary North East Italy (again please!)
- 20 Italian lakes
- 21 Via del Sale, Italy
- 22 How many nights in Verona and Bologna?
- 23 Best place to view alps from Italy
- 24 'Brellies on "Standby." Dublin!
- 25 Andalucia itinerary help