Planning a trip to Norway during June which includes a cruise and some car driving. I'm hesitating if I should take a ride on the Flam train as it is described as one of the most scenic train ride in europe. However, some people say it a tourist trap and not so unique , therfore should make any effort to take this ride. I'll be happy to get your opinion.
Let me just add two fact:
1. We have already been few times in Switzerland and Austria.
2. Probably won't come back to Norway in the future.
Another question is regarding the cruise: Which cruise is better:
Kaupanger-Laerdal-Gudvangen OR FLAM-Gudvangen-Naeroyfjord-FLAM ?
flam train/cruise question
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 caroline_venezia
- 2 How highly would you prioritize Portugal?
- 3 Taormina Sicily
- 4 Driving in Italy
- 5 Alternate base to Frankfurt
- 6 Italy dolomites
- 7 Taormina to Palermo
- 8 Spain - car rental, bus or train?
- 9 South of Spain in late September - cities/areas?
- 10 Suggestion for travel memories
- 11 Budget family trip to Europe
- 12 Honeymoon in the Alps (with skiing)
- 13 How to split 21 days between moscow and saint petersburg
- 14 Stay in Chablis or Auxerre?
- 15 Budget Trip to Europe | 22, 23-yr old | June 2015
- 16 VAT refund Q--new carryon bag ??
- 17 history museums or locations
- 18 Ring of Kerry: worth doing "whole loop"?
- 19 How to decide where to go in Europe
- 20 Iceland Trip - July 2013 - PArt 1
- 21 malaga to madrid train ?
- 22 Museums in Berlin
- 23 8 Days in Switzerland for the non skier
- 24 Lake Como transportation questions
- 25 Help! Italy & France and Italy-Two Weeks?