Planning a trip to Norway during June which includes a cruise and some car driving. I'm hesitating if I should take a ride on the Flam train as it is described as one of the most scenic train ride in europe. However, some people say it a tourist trap and not so unique , therfore should make any effort to take this ride. I'll be happy to get your opinion.
Let me just add two fact:
1. We have already been few times in Switzerland and Austria.
2. Probably won't come back to Norway in the future.
Another question is regarding the cruise: Which cruise is better:
Kaupanger-Laerdal-Gudvangen OR FLAM-Gudvangen-Naeroyfjord-FLAM ?
flam train/cruise question
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Train pass for travel in Italy, France, and Netherlands??
- 2 Driving from London to Scotland.
- 3 Buying Louis Vuitton Handbag
- 4 Photography Trip Ideas in Eastern Europe
- 5 FIRST TRIP TO PARIS/ITALY
- 6 I went to Paris in June
- 7 where to stay in Germany
- 8 weather and clothes in Paris Aug 2-8
- 9 Barcelona apartment input, please
- 10 First trip we lost a car, this trip we lose a lady
- 11 Keeping it el cheapo in Copenhagen Paris and Barcelona!
- 12 Stay away from EF Tours
- 13 Theater in London
- 14 5 days in Florence - how would you do it?
- 15 Copenhagen, Bergen, Stockholm, Estonia and Helsinki Getting Around
- 16 Guesthouses in Dublin
- 17 Help w/ rental car arrangements-Pickup in Lisbon, Portugal-Drop in Seville?
- 18 Stay in Bayeux or Honfleur
- 19 Determing Location of FIRST BIG TRIP - Where do go in Italy?
- 20 What is considered acceptable travel attire
- 21 Trip Report: What can you say about Greece?
- 22 Firenze Card OR Amici Degli Uffizi Card??
- 23 Two Week Big Fat Family Vacation to Greece
- 24 Advise for travelling to Eastern Europe(including Balkans)
- 25 Trip Report & Tips for Greece (Nafplio, Santorini, Naxos, & Athens)