Planning a trip to Norway during June which includes a cruise and some car driving. I'm hesitating if I should take a ride on the Flam train as it is described as one of the most scenic train ride in europe. However, some people say it a tourist trap and not so unique , therfore should make any effort to take this ride. I'll be happy to get your opinion.
Let me just add two fact:
1. We have already been few times in Switzerland and Austria.
2. Probably won't come back to Norway in the future.
Another question is regarding the cruise: Which cruise is better:
Kaupanger-Laerdal-Gudvangen OR FLAM-Gudvangen-Naeroyfjord-FLAM ?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Italy in Aug- is everything closed there?
- 2 Are Tatras worth the trip?
- 3 Portugal, What did you love there ?
- 4 IRetiremenrt Fantasy-Italy
- 5 Guidance on countries to visit in Europe
- 6 Train Route Help! France, Spain, Italy & Switzerland
- 7 Record breaking rain in Paris
- 8 Cooking Classes- Zagreb, Croatia & Bratislava, Slovakia
- 9 Does my Switzerland Itinerray makes sense
- 10 Amafi to Naples - private driver? Other options?
- 11 Trip report European honeymoon
- 12 Twelve Nights: Venice, Bologna & Paris (plus Ravenna)
- 13 ATM card woes in Dublin
- 14 Suggestions for 6 days in Central Europe (Hungary/around there)
- 15 Corsica, Sicily or Cinque Terre for summer trip?
- 16 Paris hotels
- 17 Prague, Vienna, Bratislava, Budapest which to choose?
- 18 Netflix and Hulu
- 19 Trying to decide on a Colmar hotel for 4 nights
- 20 Find Ibis CDG/Take the Péripherique?
- 21 Iceland 2 week trip itinerary/report
- 22 1 hour from Stockholm to Nynashamn
- 23 San Sebastián house rental with kids
- 24 City Pass v. 2 for 1
- 25 Norway and Copenhagen - 13 days