Hi ya all
I have recently discovered the wonderful Fodors forum, I have been actively reading up on the Spain/Portugal forums in recent times but this is my first posting.
My husband and I have five glorious weeks touring Spain and Portugal from the beginning of May until the first week in June of this year.
We have return flight booked to Barcelona from Melbourne, Australia.
We are thinking of heading South from Barcelona. I have read of plenty great info on Seville (thinking of spending up to a week there?), Ronda, Granada, Cordoba and Malaga, but Valencia hasn't really inspired me yet. Is it worth stopping at or just head straight to Granada? We're not really interested in just seeing a big city - much happier in smaller towns.
From Seville, I thought of heading to Southern Portugal before zigzagging back to Spain to the area of Extremadora (sp?) and Madrid and then back in to Portugal to Lisbon, Evora, Porto etc.
Back in to Spain to do the north ending maybe at San Sebastián and back to Barcelona.
We hope to do this mainly by public transport but will hire a car for part of the trip if necessary.
Five weeks seems like a lot of time but as I'm writing out this rough itinerary, it seems like we're trying to fit in a lot of places!
We don't necessarily like to see all the 'sights', we like to just roam and discover. We enjoy sitting in cafés and parks taking in life as it goes by.
Any suggestions/ideas would be greatly appreciated
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 St.Malo Suggestions ?
- 2 Spain/France/Italy/UK
- 3 Cheltenham or Moreton-in-Marsh?
- 4 Hostel Advice
- 5 Gengenbach or Schiltach
- 6 Lake Maggiore, Italy
- 7 10 days in eastern Sicily - itinerary help needed
- 8 Amalfi or Positano
- 9 Poland in September
- 10 Belgium advice
- 11 Corsica France...Calvi or Ajaccio or?
- 12 Train from Lille to Delft
- 13 Draining the Canal Saint Martin in Paris
- 14 Please suggest a hike from Ravello- with kids
- 15 Review of the Jhieronimus Bosch ehibition
- 16 10 day trip - very initial thinking
- 17 daily itinerary ideas for southern Languedoc and Rousillon
- 18 Help with ferry schedule Naples to Sorrento please.
- 19 Barcelona>Andalusia>Madrid...8 days with a pre-schooler
- 20 Driving in Sicily: Help!
- 21 Euro 2016 Football championship
- 22 Can't we Fodorites be kinder in our responses, especially to new posters?
- 23 Cheap Paris Boutiques
- 24 2 Week Euro Solo Trip - UK, Paris, Brussels
- 25 Doobie in Amsterdam
Hi ya all