Hi ya all
I have recently discovered the wonderful Fodors forum, I have been actively reading up on the Spain/Portugal forums in recent times but this is my first posting.
My husband and I have five glorious weeks touring Spain and Portugal from the beginning of May until the first week in June of this year.
We have return flight booked to Barcelona from Melbourne, Australia.
We are thinking of heading South from Barcelona. I have read of plenty great info on Seville (thinking of spending up to a week there?), Ronda, Granada, Cordoba and Malaga, but Valencia hasn't really inspired me yet. Is it worth stopping at or just head straight to Granada? We're not really interested in just seeing a big city - much happier in smaller towns.
From Seville, I thought of heading to Southern Portugal before zigzagging back to Spain to the area of Extremadora (sp?) and Madrid and then back in to Portugal to Lisbon, Evora, Porto etc.
Back in to Spain to do the north ending maybe at San Sebastián and back to Barcelona.
We hope to do this mainly by public transport but will hire a car for part of the trip if necessary.
Five weeks seems like a lot of time but as I'm writing out this rough itinerary, it seems like we're trying to fit in a lot of places!
We don't necessarily like to see all the 'sights', we like to just roam and discover. We enjoy sitting in cafés and parks taking in life as it goes by.
Any suggestions/ideas would be greatly appreciated
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 paris hotel easy commute to Palais de Congres
- 2 3 nights in Madrid
- 3 6 day trip to Italy... Venice to rome
- 4 Spain itinerary and railway advise
- 5 Nightlife in Rome (Alone)
- 6 Tuscany wedding venues for 2
- 7 Keira-Caitlyn Travels to Turkey...adventures in Istanbul and Ephesus
- 8 Trip to Switzerland
- 9 Our recent CDG experience (Delta)
- 10 Shortest wait for the Vatican without prebooking online?
- 11 Lonely Planet‘s Best in Europe list-your thoughts please
- 12 Favourite Alpine and Mediterranean place?
- 13 Rome hotel
- 14 Very British Neighborhood in London
- 15 How Best to spend 13 days in Italy
- 16 Seville to Cordoba
- 17 London Hotel - Different Request
- 18 Nice to Cinque Terre where to stay.
- 19 Paris Favorites (the 11th & wine regions)
- 20 Problem using American bank card in Turkey
- 21 London 6 day itinerary
- 22 Rome-Switzerland-Paris-Rome 2 week trip
- 23 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 24 Kayak = Priceline and unavailable flights?
- 25 Solo in Paris and looking for the best neighborhood
Hi ya all