Hi ya all
I have recently discovered the wonderful Fodors forum, I have been actively reading up on the Spain/Portugal forums in recent times but this is my first posting.
My husband and I have five glorious weeks touring Spain and Portugal from the beginning of May until the first week in June of this year.
We have return flight booked to Barcelona from Melbourne, Australia.
We are thinking of heading South from Barcelona. I have read of plenty great info on Seville (thinking of spending up to a week there?), Ronda, Granada, Cordoba and Malaga, but Valencia hasn't really inspired me yet. Is it worth stopping at or just head straight to Granada? We're not really interested in just seeing a big city - much happier in smaller towns.
From Seville, I thought of heading to Southern Portugal before zigzagging back to Spain to the area of Extremadora (sp?) and Madrid and then back in to Portugal to Lisbon, Evora, Porto etc.
Back in to Spain to do the north ending maybe at San Sebastián and back to Barcelona.
We hope to do this mainly by public transport but will hire a car for part of the trip if necessary.
Five weeks seems like a lot of time but as I'm writing out this rough itinerary, it seems like we're trying to fit in a lot of places!
We don't necessarily like to see all the 'sights', we like to just roam and discover. We enjoy sitting in cafés and parks taking in life as it goes by.
Any suggestions/ideas would be greatly appreciated
Five weeks in Spain and Portugal
Hi ya all
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 2 Weeks in Germany in December
- 2 Champagne, Chocolates and Christmas, but no Chanel - Paris and Alsace
- 3 Crete, Rhodes... or?
- 4 history museums or locations
- 5 1st time in Paris - apartment advice
- 6 Anyone trying to get out of the French Alps?
- 7 Budget family trip to Europe
- 8 Euro Trivia Quiz #17 - British Train Trivia
- 9 Alternate base to Frankfurt
- 10 Affordable language lessons/homestays in France?
- 11 caroline_venezia
- 12 Help!! which tour company is the best for group tours in Italy?
- 13 Garmisch Partenkirchen Christmas packing list
- 14 Italy trip questions
- 15 8 Days in Switzerland for the non skier
- 16 Spain, Summer 2014 Itinerary Suggestions
- 17 Tripadvisor fined in Italy over fake reviews
- 18 Honeymoon in the Alps (with skiing)
- 19 Our Brief Bavarian Break: Christmas Markets
- 20 Budget Trip to Europe | 22, 23-yr old | June 2015
- 21 Airport bus Bilbao to San Sebastian and back
- 22 Where to stay Venice, Cinque Terre, Florence, Siena, and Rome.
- 23 Huge New 5,000 Year Old Underground City Excavated in Cappadocia
- 24 Suggestion for travel memories
- 25 Would you recommend Sicily only or Puglia also for a 14-day trip?