Hi ya all
I have recently discovered the wonderful Fodors forum, I have been actively reading up on the Spain/Portugal forums in recent times but this is my first posting.
My husband and I have five glorious weeks touring Spain and Portugal from the beginning of May until the first week in June of this year.
We have return flight booked to Barcelona from Melbourne, Australia.
We are thinking of heading South from Barcelona. I have read of plenty great info on Seville (thinking of spending up to a week there?), Ronda, Granada, Cordoba and Malaga, but Valencia hasn't really inspired me yet. Is it worth stopping at or just head straight to Granada? We're not really interested in just seeing a big city - much happier in smaller towns.
From Seville, I thought of heading to Southern Portugal before zigzagging back to Spain to the area of Extremadora (sp?) and Madrid and then back in to Portugal to Lisbon, Evora, Porto etc.
Back in to Spain to do the north ending maybe at San Sebastián and back to Barcelona.
We hope to do this mainly by public transport but will hire a car for part of the trip if necessary.
Five weeks seems like a lot of time but as I'm writing out this rough itinerary, it seems like we're trying to fit in a lot of places!
We don't necessarily like to see all the 'sights', we like to just roam and discover. We enjoy sitting in cafés and parks taking in life as it goes by.
Any suggestions/ideas would be greatly appreciated
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 EuropeTravel-Trivia Quiz #152
- 2 South of France - 7 Days - April
- 3 Our (Somewhat) Laid Back Tour of Old Fave Stops in Italy
- 4 2017 Easter in Italy
- 5 Iceland Trip Report: 9 Days in May - non Ring Road!
- 6 Please help me with the name of this town in Spain
- 7 kimhe or others - flamenco rec in Sevilla?
- 8 Rent a car in England
- 9 Edinburgh to Skye
- 10 Warsaw Pollution Reaches Record Highs...
- 11 Railpass or point-to-point tickets
- 12 4 days itinerary for France
- 13 Family first time Barcelona (where and how much ?)
- 14 ISO help planning a trip to England in May
- 15 Croatia transportation question.
- 16 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 17 Airport Transfer from Edinburgh Center to Glasgow Airport
- 18 Surprise trip to Greece!
- 19 Portugal and Spain itinerary help!
- 20 Help Planning Seot 2017 Trip to Andalusia
- 21 European Travel - Trivia Quiz #151
- 22 Italy Puglia and Le Marche
- 23 Going to Russia
- 24 Beginning Itinerary Guidance
- 25 tours/attractions worth paying for in Prague/Vienna/Budapest/Krakow
Hi ya all