Hi ya all
I have recently discovered the wonderful Fodors forum, I have been actively reading up on the Spain/Portugal forums in recent times but this is my first posting.
My husband and I have five glorious weeks touring Spain and Portugal from the beginning of May until the first week in June of this year.
We have return flight booked to Barcelona from Melbourne, Australia.
We are thinking of heading South from Barcelona. I have read of plenty great info on Seville (thinking of spending up to a week there?), Ronda, Granada, Cordoba and Malaga, but Valencia hasn't really inspired me yet. Is it worth stopping at or just head straight to Granada? We're not really interested in just seeing a big city - much happier in smaller towns.
From Seville, I thought of heading to Southern Portugal before zigzagging back to Spain to the area of Extremadora (sp?) and Madrid and then back in to Portugal to Lisbon, Evora, Porto etc.
Back in to Spain to do the north ending maybe at San Sebastián and back to Barcelona.
We hope to do this mainly by public transport but will hire a car for part of the trip if necessary.
Five weeks seems like a lot of time but as I'm writing out this rough itinerary, it seems like we're trying to fit in a lot of places!
We don't necessarily like to see all the 'sights', we like to just roam and discover. We enjoy sitting in cafés and parks taking in life as it goes by.
Any suggestions/ideas would be greatly appreciated
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Belgian airports
- 2 5 Ladies, 4 Destinations and 1 Month
- 3 Quaint Towns within 2hr Driving from Amsterdam
- 4 Will July 23 Become England's Independence Day?
- 5 4 days driving holiday to rural North England.
- 6 Ballet Bolshoi
- 7 Dr Manahel Thabet- Best Places to Visit in Europe
- 8 Itinerary Help - 5 weeks Spain and Portugal Cities
- 9 ATM skimmer - good example of a traveler finding one in Vienna
- 10 Any experience with these three private guides for the Alhambra?
- 11 Searching for beach town in Amalfi area for summer holiday
- 12 Greece Travel Advice
- 13 Lisbon Airport - A Huge Mess
- 14 4 weeks in Italy July with children
- 15 Monti in Rome, your thoughts please
- 16 European Championship
- 17 Can't go to Ravello so....where?
- 18 Honeymoon hotel in Montreux/Vevey
- 19 Charles De Gualle Airport, Paris to Eiffel Tower
- 20 Normandy - driving trip
- 21 Best/Most Scenic Route to Annecy, France from Amsterdam
- 22 12 days, which 4 cities?
- 23 Travel Pass Suggestion
- 24 Need help with Ligurian/CT itinerary
- 25 Getting from Gare de L'Est to Gare de Lyon
Hi ya all