Hi ya all
I have recently discovered the wonderful Fodors forum, I have been actively reading up on the Spain/Portugal forums in recent times but this is my first posting.
My husband and I have five glorious weeks touring Spain and Portugal from the beginning of May until the first week in June of this year.
We have return flight booked to Barcelona from Melbourne, Australia.
We are thinking of heading South from Barcelona. I have read of plenty great info on Seville (thinking of spending up to a week there?), Ronda, Granada, Cordoba and Malaga, but Valencia hasn't really inspired me yet. Is it worth stopping at or just head straight to Granada? We're not really interested in just seeing a big city - much happier in smaller towns.
From Seville, I thought of heading to Southern Portugal before zigzagging back to Spain to the area of Extremadora (sp?) and Madrid and then back in to Portugal to Lisbon, Evora, Porto etc.
Back in to Spain to do the north ending maybe at San Sebastián and back to Barcelona.
We hope to do this mainly by public transport but will hire a car for part of the trip if necessary.
Five weeks seems like a lot of time but as I'm writing out this rough itinerary, it seems like we're trying to fit in a lot of places!
We don't necessarily like to see all the 'sights', we like to just roam and discover. We enjoy sitting in cafés and parks taking in life as it goes by.
Any suggestions/ideas would be greatly appreciated
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 릴게임오리지널신천지 ≪ 접속주소 :≫vtk15.com≪
- 2 Another tipping question: concierges
- 3 Input desired concerning my Sicily itinerary
- 4 Dresden: How Many Nights?
- 5 Help!! 2 week Europe trip with 6 year old daughter in December!!
- 6 Mon Dieu! The Cops Are After Me
- 7 Barcelona - How much Gaudi?
- 8 Budapest in December 2017
- 9 6-7 Days in France
- 10 Spain in July
- 11 5 Days in Switzerland
- 12 Paris + Amsterdam: where to stay
- 13 We're here!
- 14 Korean Messages
- 15 Car hire with driver in Istanbul
- 16 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 17 Ronda: cheap parking, where to find?
- 18 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 19 Acropolis Athens
- 20 Places to visit during a semester in Spain
- 21 Trip Ideas
- 22 London: Flaming June and Pirates of Penzeance!
- 23 Six Nights (and days) in the Marais
- 24 Gorges du Tarn, accommodation & Activity recommendations
- 25 Fodors IT team, ITS TIME.
Hi ya all