Hi ya all,
My husband and I plan to travel by bus from Lisbon to Badajoz maybe via Evora in mid May.
From there we will have four more nights for Merida, Caceres .......
Do people suggest keep going North to Salamanca and then across to Sergovia or straight across to Toledo?
We hope to be able to get around by public bus instead of having to hire a car?
We will be ending up in Madrid.
We realise this area is a lot more remote and untouched and that is what seems appealing to us.
Would we be okay just arriving at each town and finding accommodation or would we be better off pre booking?
There doesn't seem to be a lot of info on this region compared to some other parts of Spain.
Many thanks for any advice
Five nights in Extremadura
Hi ya all,
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 tulips in the Netherland
- 2 No Starbucks in Italy?
- 3 England and Scotland
- 4 Christmas Market Battle: Vienna/Salzburg/Munich
- 5 How safe is "Combe Laval Road" or ROUTE DE GENTLY to drive a car?
- 6 What to do during Christmas in Paris?
- 7 1 Month Europe (June 2015) with 3 children, ages 6-11
- 8 Another Trip of Discovery of Feminine Charm with DW and DD the Younger
- 9 Switzerland to Ban Eating Cats and Dogs?
- 10 Air pollution in Paris
- 11 Trains in Italy
- 12 Dublin to Armagh?
- 13 rent phone and 3g wifi
- 14 Frustrated! 1st trip to PARIS & France in JULY: Need Cheery HELP!
- 15 Does cinque terre merit three days
- 16 Learning Polish: "No, you can't have my cat"
- 17 Beaune to Chamonix to Paris---driving/train?
- 18 A photo report on Reykjavik, Iceland
- 19 Suggestions for Scandinavian Movies, Radio and Music. Can you help?
- 20 Amazon 50% off sale on Rosetta Stone German
- 21 Info requested for Paris, Strasbourg and Berlin
- 22 Euro Quiz #3 - Europe's Ten Biggest Castles...
- 23 Which European Countries Speak the Most English?
- 24 Naxos in May
- 25 London, Paris, Rome Trip Report