Hi ya all,
My husband and I plan to travel by bus from Lisbon to Badajoz maybe via Evora in mid May.
From there we will have four more nights for Merida, Caceres .......
Do people suggest keep going North to Salamanca and then across to Sergovia or straight across to Toledo?
We hope to be able to get around by public bus instead of having to hire a car?
We will be ending up in Madrid.
We realise this area is a lot more remote and untouched and that is what seems appealing to us.
Would we be okay just arriving at each town and finding accommodation or would we be better off pre booking?
There doesn't seem to be a lot of info on this region compared to some other parts of Spain.
Many thanks for any advice
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Where to go...one month w/a one year old
- 2 Planning a solo trip mostly to France, advice please!
- 3 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 4 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 5 San Francisco retirees would like to move to Paris for a year- crazy idea?
- 6 Connection time of 1:25 in Zurich on flight from US. Enough time?
- 7 Reputable Apartment Company in Granada
- 8 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 9 Como Bus to Bellagio
- 10 Advice for 5 Weeks in the Nordic Countries
- 11 Houses, Gardens & Walking in England
- 12 Neighborhood for Dubrovnik
- 13 Venice > Garda > Verona > Bologna thoughts
- 14 Aix en Provence Day Trips
- 15 Cell Phone Question
- 16 Reindeer Migration on NRK
- 17 Greek Islands (small)
- 18 Madrid Hotel; Europa, Preciados or Petit Palace Posada de Peine?
- 19 Specific phone service questions about Italy & Amsterdam
- 20 4 Days In Northern Italy advice
- 21 Help needed/wanted to central/east Europe
- 22 Train in Switzerland from Basel to Zermatt to Zurich
- 23 Where to stay in September in the Swiss Alps
- 24 Summer 2016: Little details I worried about – and need not have
- 25 Help required with Itinerary
Hi ya all,