Hi ya all,
My husband and I plan to travel by bus from Lisbon to Badajoz maybe via Evora in mid May.
From there we will have four more nights for Merida, Caceres .......
Do people suggest keep going North to Salamanca and then across to Sergovia or straight across to Toledo?
We hope to be able to get around by public bus instead of having to hire a car?
We will be ending up in Madrid.
We realise this area is a lot more remote and untouched and that is what seems appealing to us.
Would we be okay just arriving at each town and finding accommodation or would we be better off pre booking?
There doesn't seem to be a lot of info on this region compared to some other parts of Spain.
Many thanks for any advice
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 11 days in Portugal in April - thoughts on itinerary please!
- 2 UK - Celebrating Thanksgiving?
- 3 Andalusia, Tangiers, Barcelona?
- 4 Glorious -- 18 days in Sicily
- 5 My 60th birthday surprises
- 6 Bamboozled. First trip to Europe. Motorhome v car and other questions...
- 7 Spain car rental questions
- 8 Verona or Athens?
- 9 Hikrchick & Hikrguy back from (cool & rainy but) fabulous Paris
- 10 Help with first time trip with family
- 11 Where to stay in Paris? So many options!
- 12 Northern Italy 1 week HELP
- 13 Tuscany or Cinque Terre?
- 14 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 15 travelling to Munich and Paris without pre hotel booking
- 16 Trip summary: London, England, July 2016
- 17 Lake Garda, Where to stay
- 18 Manchester (MAN) vs. Heathrow
- 19 European Cooking Secrets
- 20 Almalfi coast late March? Or Piedmont?
- 21 the ultimate trip report Barcelona
- 22 RHK's Fall escape
- 23 15 days in Europe starting and ending in Amsterdam
- 24 plane or train for quick trip Rome to Venice
- 25 Italy or France with a 15 month old in March?
Hi ya all,