Hi ya all,
My husband and I plan to travel by bus from Lisbon to Badajoz maybe via Evora in mid May.
From there we will have four more nights for Merida, Caceres .......
Do people suggest keep going North to Salamanca and then across to Sergovia or straight across to Toledo?
We hope to be able to get around by public bus instead of having to hire a car?
We will be ending up in Madrid.
We realise this area is a lot more remote and untouched and that is what seems appealing to us.
Would we be okay just arriving at each town and finding accommodation or would we be better off pre booking?
There doesn't seem to be a lot of info on this region compared to some other parts of Spain.
Many thanks for any advice
Five nights in Extremadura
Hi ya all,
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Amsterdam: arriving 8/25 to depart on 8/30 Rhine river cruise
- 2 Our Adventure to the Southeast of England and London
- 3 Frankfurt Airport: 2 hours from touchdown to train. Go for it???
- 4 How do you organize yourself on vacation?
- 5 May in southern Italy--Sorrento/Capri and Puglia
- 6 Venice - boats on canals
- 7 ITALY
- 8 Paris first then where?
- 9 Forma Urbis Fragments in Capitoline Museum?
- 10 Maitaitom & Tracy's Romantic 20th Anniversary Paris 2014 Trip In September
- 11 Recommendation for a wine tour departing from Strasbourg.
- 12 Which to fly into....Milan or Rome?
- 13 Looking for a month long vacation rental in France
- 14 Turkey 2015-Happy B-day to Me
- 15 Akrotiri Tours
- 16 Finalizing plans for September trip - is this doable
- 17 Americans travel to Russia. Is it safe?
- 18 Which area in Venice for 3 nights
- 19 Switzerland--how is rain impacting hiking in engadines? sils maria?
- 20 Regensburg or Cesky Krumlov for Two Nights
- 21 Mosel Valley Base - NOT Rhine Valley Base
- 22 Dresden: 6 nights too many?
- 23 Sorrento - 2.5 days itinerary help
- 24 Northern Spain
- 25 London hotel tax is 20%