Hi ya all,
My husband and I plan to travel by bus from Lisbon to Badajoz maybe via Evora in mid May.
From there we will have four more nights for Merida, Caceres .......
Do people suggest keep going North to Salamanca and then across to Sergovia or straight across to Toledo?
We hope to be able to get around by public bus instead of having to hire a car?
We will be ending up in Madrid.
We realise this area is a lot more remote and untouched and that is what seems appealing to us.
Would we be okay just arriving at each town and finding accommodation or would we be better off pre booking?
There doesn't seem to be a lot of info on this region compared to some other parts of Spain.
Many thanks for any advice
Five nights in Extremadura
Hi ya all,
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Macarons!
- 2 ideas for Portugal please
- 3 2 Days in Brussels
- 4 First time in Europe-France and Italy or just France?
- 5 DayTrips from Madrid vs. Overnight
- 6 French rental car advice needed
- 7 I'm Croatian, ask me anything!
- 8 Arc de Triomphe Elevator
- 9 Apartment rental in Dublin
- 10 Spain pre cruise and post cruise stay
- 11 Copies of passports & credit cars
- 12 Bus ride to Positano
- 13 Train from Milano Malpensa DIRECTLY to Bologna Centrale?
- 14 3 and a half days in Helsinki and Tallinn..help with itinerary?
- 15 Trip to Cornwall with senior - logistics assistance please?
- 16 Split to Venice. Help!
- 17 EUROPE IN 5 MONTHS
- 18 Switzerland - Trip for 8 days with 2 kids (5&3)
- 19 Dublin Hotel Choice
- 20 London & Cotswolds Hotels
- 21 Best way to get to Italy from Greece of vice versa
- 22 Paris Apartment for 7 - deciding between 2 choices
- 23 Is my itinerary the Best of Switzerland?
- 24 What Have I Forgotten? Month in Europe Coming Up.
- 25 Welltravbrit's London Sojourn - An Ongoing Trip Report