My wife and I are planning our first visit to Amsterdam in June and I'd like to run my plans by the experts here. We have 3 nights to spend (the first night being the day we land) followed by 7 nights in Paris. Our main but not exclusive focus in both towns is art. We're staying at a b&b about two blocks from the Frank house.
Friday - arrive at airport around 8:30, Ann Frank tour booked for 13:30. Depending on energy level, visit van Gogh museum in the evening since it's supposed to be open late on Fridays and have some live music.
Saturday - visit the farmers' market in Jordaan in the morning. Historical walking tour 10:00-13:00. Rijksmuseum (and van Gogh museum if we were too pooped Friday night) in afternoon.
Sunday - visit the Hague (for Mauritshouse museum) and Delft.
Monday - AM train to Paris.
The Frank house and the walking tour are set in stone. The rest of the time I figure we'll spend biking, taking in a canal cruise, or some manner of lounging. I'm also looking into this "Dine with the Dutch" thing. Have you had experience or heard reviews for this?
Thanks for any feedback you have!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Northern Spain Hotel Suggestion
- 2 Q re: holiday season in Italy
- 3 2 Months - Dubrovnik to Frankfurt Itinerary
- 4 family holiday Rome&Venice
- 5 Driver/Car Service Recommendation FCO- Pienza
- 6 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 7 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 8 Switzerland 8 day itinerary in May
- 9 Stonehenge more accessible with group?
- 10 Lyon and Paris (and Provence vs Dijon?)
- 11 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 12 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 13 Road Trip From Frankfurt
- 14 Super Cover For Hertz
- 15 Fuerteventura - Canary Islands
- 16 When to Visit Scotland
- 17 Gertie in Greece NOW
- 18 Amalfi coast hotel recs
- 19 Amalfi Coast help
- 20 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 21 Sicily
- 22 kimhe or others - flamenco rec in Sevilla?
- 23 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 24 Notes on Venice, Bassano del Grappa, Garda, Cremona & Milan (Sept 2016)
- 25 Where to buy Saffron?