My wife and I are planning our first visit to Amsterdam in June and I'd like to run my plans by the experts here. We have 3 nights to spend (the first night being the day we land) followed by 7 nights in Paris. Our main but not exclusive focus in both towns is art. We're staying at a b&b about two blocks from the Frank house.
Friday - arrive at airport around 8:30, Ann Frank tour booked for 13:30. Depending on energy level, visit van Gogh museum in the evening since it's supposed to be open late on Fridays and have some live music.
Saturday - visit the farmers' market in Jordaan in the morning. Historical walking tour 10:00-13:00. Rijksmuseum (and van Gogh museum if we were too pooped Friday night) in afternoon.
Sunday - visit the Hague (for Mauritshouse museum) and Delft.
Monday - AM train to Paris.
The Frank house and the walking tour are set in stone. The rest of the time I figure we'll spend biking, taking in a canal cruise, or some manner of lounging. I'm also looking into this "Dine with the Dutch" thing. Have you had experience or heard reviews for this?
Thanks for any feedback you have!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 credit and debit cards
- 2 Spain/Portugal Travel for Older Couple
- 3 Ephesus - Tour A or B??
- 4 2 weeks in Germany – itinerary sanity check
- 5 Sardinia or Corsica??
- 6 YIKES!
- 7 Am sterdam is there a hop on hop off bus
- 8 Cinqueterre
- 9 Cinque Terre, Florence, Venice
- 10 Does Zurich have a hop on hop off bus system
- 11 Swiss Pass
- 12 17 day roadtrip through UK: Need suggestions
- 13 Trip to Ireland in September
- 14 BARCELONA! Tapas, tours & towers - flamenco, festas & food!
- 15 Thoughts on visiting Turkey this summer? Safe?
- 16 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 17 Best Car Rental - Dublin Drop of Shannon
- 18 Final Four
- 19 Next Spring: Copenhagen and ???
- 20 Charming areas to explore in London
- 21 Cornwall UK
- 22 Rome Discount Card for Longer Stay?
- 23 Give advice on Austria trip in the fall.....
- 24 Late april early may or october for paris and italy?
- 25 Cordoba, Granada, Seville loop