My wife and I are planning our first visit to Amsterdam in June and I'd like to run my plans by the experts here. We have 3 nights to spend (the first night being the day we land) followed by 7 nights in Paris. Our main but not exclusive focus in both towns is art. We're staying at a b&b about two blocks from the Frank house.
Friday - arrive at airport around 8:30, Ann Frank tour booked for 13:30. Depending on energy level, visit van Gogh museum in the evening since it's supposed to be open late on Fridays and have some live music.
Saturday - visit the farmers' market in Jordaan in the morning. Historical walking tour 10:00-13:00. Rijksmuseum (and van Gogh museum if we were too pooped Friday night) in afternoon.
Sunday - visit the Hague (for Mauritshouse museum) and Delft.
Monday - AM train to Paris.
The Frank house and the walking tour are set in stone. The rest of the time I figure we'll spend biking, taking in a canal cruise, or some manner of lounging. I'm also looking into this "Dine with the Dutch" thing. Have you had experience or heard reviews for this?
Thanks for any feedback you have!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 2 Chania
- 3 Now to Madrid
- 4 Edinbrugh
- 5 Berlin to ?
- 6 Riviera di Ponente in mid October
- 7 Hotels in Turin
- 8 Help on ancient history route
- 9 Where Would You? (1 random night in Dec btwn Bologna and Montepulciano)
- 10 Studying art in English in venice
- 11 Iphone 6 usage in multiple European Countries
- 12 Konigsee or Wolfgangsee for a stay of 3 days ?
- 13 15 days in Croatia - Advise Needed
- 14 Forte dei Marmi - must see/do list
- 15 4 Days in Europe! Paris, Lisbon, or...?
- 16 Forte dei Marmi with kids.....
- 17 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 18 3 days solo in London
- 19 Getting out of Glasgow - ideas needed
- 20 Day hikes in Switzerland
- 21 Greek Mainland Itinerary
- 22 Croatia itinerary - need advice
- 23 What Can We Do to Help A Refugee Family in France?
- 24 Frankfurt to Achen travel by train
- 25 May Honeymoon in Sorrento?