My wife and I are planning our first visit to Amsterdam in June and I'd like to run my plans by the experts here. We have 3 nights to spend (the first night being the day we land) followed by 7 nights in Paris. Our main but not exclusive focus in both towns is art. We're staying at a b&b about two blocks from the Frank house.
Friday - arrive at airport around 8:30, Ann Frank tour booked for 13:30. Depending on energy level, visit van Gogh museum in the evening since it's supposed to be open late on Fridays and have some live music.
Saturday - visit the farmers' market in Jordaan in the morning. Historical walking tour 10:00-13:00. Rijksmuseum (and van Gogh museum if we were too pooped Friday night) in afternoon.
Sunday - visit the Hague (for Mauritshouse museum) and Delft.
Monday - AM train to Paris.
The Frank house and the walking tour are set in stone. The rest of the time I figure we'll spend biking, taking in a canal cruise, or some manner of lounging. I'm also looking into this "Dine with the Dutch" thing. Have you had experience or heard reviews for this?
Thanks for any feedback you have!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Quizz !
- 2 Stonehenge Inner Circle next May
- 3 Scandinavia - By land or by sea?
- 4 How can I stay in Italy for more than 90 days?
- 5 Pay attention to your watches !
- 6 First, jet lagged day, in Barcelona
- 7 car insurance italy
- 8 Christmas Day in Granada
- 9 a group of old friends traveling to croatia
- 10 Barcelona to Grindenwald area
- 11 Pompei, Naples and...Sorrento?
- 12 Itinerary advice Greece Nov 18-26
- 13 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 14 Venice/Mestre
- 15 Charming movie to watch if you've visited Erice in Sicily
- 16 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 17 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 18 9 Days in Spain
- 19 Apple Pay on London Transit
- 20 Glasgow, Scotland excursions.
- 21 No Trains in January Paris to Venice?
- 22 8 Days in Spain
- 23 Greece - when is the best time to go for warm but not too crowded?
- 24 Ger’s Italian Trip Report: Padua, Ferrara, Siena, Perugia and Florence
- 25 Italy Car Scam