We are travelling for the first time this summer to England. My itinerary is to spend five nights in London and do day trips such as Hampton Court as well as see regular sights. We then want to go to York (not sure if we should spend one night and leave late on second day or spend two nights) ending up in Oxford for say 3 nights then back to London for 2 nights before going home. I guess my question is whether it is worth staying in Oxford and doing some day trips in the area from there or just biting the bullet and going back to London? We thought about seeing Stratford, Cotswalds and Avebury, but not feeling locked into anything. My DH complains that our vacations are too "busy" so I don't want to have overload this time and we not taking a car either, which we nornally do. Any comments would be appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Portugal and Spain Itinerary Suggestions
- 2 Can No Longer o a Road Trip in Europe - what's a better train trip?
- 3 BARDENAS REALES, Unesco site and national park in Navarra
- 4 So much to do, so little time!
- 5 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 6 No Train On Kings Day Amsterdam?
- 7 The mouse munches her way through far off lands: The Christams Edition
- 8 8 to 9 days in switzerland with swiss pass
- 9 An hour and ten min enough for connection?
- 10 8 Days in Rome in March 2017 - planning thread
- 11 Itinerary Help - One week between Sicily and Rome
- 12 Eastern France - A TR in Pictures
- 13 Austria / Bavaria in late Oct/Early Nov
- 14 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 15 First-ish Trip To UK Itinerary Suggestions?
- 16 Notes on Venice, Bassano del Grappa, Garda, Cremona & Milan (Sept 2016)
- 17 Need help with itinerary & trains
- 18 House Hunting in France
- 19 English Countryside
- 20 Tour of Northern Italy
- 21 12 days itinerary - Netherland, Belgium & Germany
- 22 Cognac transportation?
- 23 Warsaw Pollution Reaches Record Highs...
- 24 Prague, Rome or Amsterdam
- 25 Manchester Airport Connection Time