We are travelling for the first time this summer to England. My itinerary is to spend five nights in London and do day trips such as Hampton Court as well as see regular sights. We then want to go to York (not sure if we should spend one night and leave late on second day or spend two nights) ending up in Oxford for say 3 nights then back to London for 2 nights before going home. I guess my question is whether it is worth staying in Oxford and doing some day trips in the area from there or just biting the bullet and going back to London? We thought about seeing Stratford, Cotswalds and Avebury, but not feeling locked into anything. My DH complains that our vacations are too "busy" so I don't want to have overload this time and we not taking a car either, which we nornally do. Any comments would be appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 10 day Italy
- 2 Positano to Maori drive or ferry and how much visiting time?
- 3 Barcelona appartment is it a good location ?
- 4 Dordogne Itinerary - Do I Need Another Day?
- 5 Amalfi or Tuscany?
- 6 Visa Free Entry To Spain
- 7 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 8 GERMANY, MID-RHINE & MUNICH
- 9 Planning a European Trip
- 10 Organizing our 8 day Roman visit
- 11 Scotland 10 Nights - Trying To Narrow Down Where To Go & Stay
- 12 France, UK and Ireland
- 13 Croatia... Is dubrovnik a must?
- 14 Driving Excursions/Day Trips outside of Edinburgh
- 15 Trump alleged to be "keen" for US to join Commonwealth
- 16 Ireland
- 17 Netherlands,Belgium,Austria and South Germany
- 18 What do after Bernia Express?
- 19 No Periods in British Written English!
- 20 Does Mannedorf exist?
- 21 Day Trips from Dunfermline
- 22 Daytime flights - US East Coast to Paris?
- 23 Santorini lodging
- 24 Weighing hand luggage at CDG security now
- 25 El Pastrami en Madrid