We are travelling for the first time this summer to England. My itinerary is to spend five nights in London and do day trips such as Hampton Court as well as see regular sights. We then want to go to York (not sure if we should spend one night and leave late on second day or spend two nights) ending up in Oxford for say 3 nights then back to London for 2 nights before going home. I guess my question is whether it is worth staying in Oxford and doing some day trips in the area from there or just biting the bullet and going back to London? We thought about seeing Stratford, Cotswalds and Avebury, but not feeling locked into anything. My DH complains that our vacations are too "busy" so I don't want to have overload this time and we not taking a car either, which we nornally do. Any comments would be appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 add now: YAHOO MAIL tec^h 1800.570+1233 CONTACT y@hoo 24*7
- 2 SET UP: Te^ch SUPP0RT AOL CONTACT 1:855:999:8045 AOL MAIL
- 3 Ideas on our first Europe holiday
- 4 NO Luggage Storage at Padua train station?
- 5 transportation from De Gaulle airport
- 6 Where to stay - Honeymoon in Southern Tuscany
- 7 International drivers permit
- 8 First Timers Traveling to Italy - Help!
- 9 Driving Bruges to Paris. Is it worth the drive?
- 10 Seeking Scenic Route from Bath to Devon
- 11 Early morning flight Venice/VCE
- 12 First visit to London
- 13 Day Trip Suggestions from Munich
- 14 Train from Paris to Reims for day trip
- 15 itinerary recommendation 6 nights Spain (Barcelona/Madrid)
- 16 Naples + Walking Tour
- 17 Why do you visit X or Y?
- 18 Greek honeymoon: He wants sightseeing, she wants beaches
- 19 Agriturismo with train access to Florence
- 20 Austria + Italy 10 Days places to visit in July
- 21 The essence of Swiss in 4-5 days for first timers
- 22 Inside the Red Light District so you don't have to be
- 23 How Best to spend 13 days in Italy
- 24 TIM in FCO - update
- 25 London GTG May 19-25