We are travelling for the first time this summer to England. My itinerary is to spend five nights in London and do day trips such as Hampton Court as well as see regular sights. We then want to go to York (not sure if we should spend one night and leave late on second day or spend two nights) ending up in Oxford for say 3 nights then back to London for 2 nights before going home. I guess my question is whether it is worth staying in Oxford and doing some day trips in the area from there or just biting the bullet and going back to London? We thought about seeing Stratford, Cotswalds and Avebury, but not feeling locked into anything. My DH complains that our vacations are too "busy" so I don't want to have overload this time and we not taking a car either, which we nornally do. Any comments would be appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Great Value Vacations - NOT
- 2 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 3 Spanish Medical Providers
- 4 Undiscovered Places in Paris
- 5 Restaurant recs for French food in Montreux and surrounding area
- 6 wondering if this trip too ambitious
- 7 Suggestion for trip to Switzerland, Greece and Italy
- 8 Munich and....???
- 9 Can parking
- 10 From the Riviera to Rome: Two Terrific Weeks in Italy
- 11 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 12 Looking for a 5 star resort on Spanish coast for January
- 13 Renfe AVE, Alvia & Avant Trains
- 14 Planes, Train, and, well, no automobiles
- 15 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 16 magnified mirror
- 17 Give 2 1/2 Days to Porto or 1 1/2 Days with Day Trip to Coimbra?
- 18 VAT refund transferring through CDG
- 19 Need help with Honeymoon - Italy, Slovenia, Croatia
- 20 Driving through Paris
- 21 Itinerary between Milan and Venice
- 22 San Sebastián
- 23 So Many Places, So Little Time-17 Day Euro Trip--HELP!
- 24 italy Cinque Terre
- 25 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald