I've decided to go to the UK on October for 11 days approx.
It's my first trip to London and it's my first time travelling with my baby girl (5 months) so to all moms reading, you know how it's stressful for a new mom to plan for her first trip with an infant.
Anyways, I have got some questions so please bear with me
First let me give you some info about us. We have never been to UK.
Looking for discovering new places (shops, markets, coffees, games ... etc), good food (too bad we don't eat sea food so we are gonna miss out on the famous fish and chips) and cheap deals. Historic places and museum are not on the top of my list as I have not traveled for a while so I don't wanna focus on them much. The thing is we have an infant with us now so I am not sure about how much couple activities we can still enjoy knowing that our baby is in good hands. I don't
1) If we wanted to visit other cities what you think is our best option here? knowing that I was suggesting to stay in London the whole 11 days (arrival and departure days are included) and visiting some villages near there or going to near cities for a whole day then going back so we don't have to pack and unpack. Is this smart or dumb?
2) I have read about cinemas that allow children (very family friendly) so we might go there one day. How about theme parks? do you know any that has a child care center so we can ride some games together instead of one then the other. I was thinking about hiring a baby sitter through our hotel but I am not sure about how good is this idea. So I guess my baby is better be safe with us.
3) Moms, I noticed that almost every one says London is not stroller friendly much. Is that right?
How about how you dress your little ones in the first days of October. I was thinking long sleeves bodysuit. Long sleeves blouse ( an extra jacket or sweater when it's cold) how about socks or gloves.
We live in a very hot country so I am not sure how my baby would adjust to the weather. Seriously, I know nothing about the appropriate dressing code for babies
4) Transportation. Since we are going to have the baby buggy/ stroller with us. How hard it is to use the underground. I am sure we are gonna use Uber for some of our visits but I think the public ones are cheaper in one hand and it's interesting to live the whole experiment as a visitor (we did that while we were in Spain and enjoyed it much)
5) Lets say that we would walk in the city with the stroller even If we are carrying the baby. What area should we mainly find a hotel in so we can be near the city center (walking wise)
6) Any other tips and advises are very welcomed
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 To the top of Europe, and back again.
- 2 Sim Card
- 3 Experiencing London and Scotland by Sleeper Train
- 4 SE ITALY
- 5 Transport for local Venice travel
- 6 London and Paris - 3 days each
- 7 Granada in April; add Malaga?
- 8 London vacation rental agency
- 9 Help me decide which major city to cut based on time of year.
- 10 Borghese Gallery Question
- 11 Will Bottle of Champagne Pass Thru Customs at Athens Airport Upon Arrival?
- 12 Experiencing Scotland in the Winters
- 13 Austria & Switzerland- winter or summer!
- 14 Restaurant recommendations in Sicily
- 15 Sicily help
- 16 Driving from Culzean Castle to Bamburgh
- 17 Germany vs Sweden nightlife
- 18 Lunch stop with view of Rio–Antirrio Bridge
- 19 Towns around Lucca
- 20 Cork questions
- 21 Swimming in Camogli, Santa Margherita Ligure, Italy
- 22 Italy Vacation
- 23 Stu Tower
- 24 Luggage questions for train travel in Italy.
- 25 La Coruna or Santiago or both?