I will be travelling to London for 8 days with my family of 5 including 3 kids ages 5, 7 and 9. I have been reading websites and travel books but still have a few questions that I would love advice on ...
1. Oyster card vs Travel Card : We will be in London from Sat - Sun i.e. 8 days. Should we get
a) an Oyster Card in London (not Visitor Oyster which apparently doesn't allow you to refund the deposit) or
b) the 7 day Travel pass for all zones (we need zone 6 for Heathrow on day of arrival) OR
c)7 dayTravel pass zones 1-2 only loaded ONTO oyster so that we can use oyster for the occasional far trip e.g.. Heathrow and Hampton Court palace but Travel card for rest
d) Will we still be able to use the travel pass for the 2/1 discounts?
e) Should I buy it when I get to Heathrow ? or order it online
2. The general consensus from reading the previous online posts is that the London Pass is not worth it! True?
3. Is the London hop on hop off bus worth it ? The reviews on trip advisor are very varied and often cite bad traffic and poor acoustics as a problem.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Rhodes: New town or Old Town
- 2 Spain itinerary for sept/Oct?
- 3 Varenna to hotel near Milan airport
- 4 places : Italy Austria Germany Switzerland France Belgium Spain
- 5 3 Weeks in Scotland and Ireland
- 6 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 7 Munich to Hallstatt in a day
- 8 Eastern Sicily Itinerary Help Needed
- 9 3 days in Paris then on to London what do we have to see?
- 10 Itinerary Help: France in Late September
- 11 Itinerary help: Switzerland / Italy in August
- 12 Prague State Opera/ Verdi Festival
- 13 Budva or Perast in Montenegro
- 14 Switzerland part of 3-week trip
- 15 Crannog Centre or Atholl Country Life Museum
- 16 Advice for Time in Cumbria and/or Yorkshire Dales
- 17 WWI Battlefields
- 18 Private car transportation from FCO to Central Rome
- 19 Amsterdam and Antwerp?
- 20 Provence, Strasbourg, Paris early September
- 21 Rouen & Paris Anniversary Trip
- 22 4 Greek islands- best way to hop?
- 23 Paris: Les Grands Voisins Project...
- 24 Reaching the Lake District
- 25 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?