I will be travelling to London for 8 days with my family of 5 including 3 kids ages 5, 7 and 9. I have been reading websites and travel books but still have a few questions that I would love advice on ...
1. Oyster card vs Travel Card : We will be in London from Sat - Sun i.e. 8 days. Should we get
a) an Oyster Card in London (not Visitor Oyster which apparently doesn't allow you to refund the deposit) or
b) the 7 day Travel pass for all zones (we need zone 6 for Heathrow on day of arrival) OR
c)7 dayTravel pass zones 1-2 only loaded ONTO oyster so that we can use oyster for the occasional far trip e.g.. Heathrow and Hampton Court palace but Travel card for rest
d) Will we still be able to use the travel pass for the 2/1 discounts?
e) Should I buy it when I get to Heathrow ? or order it online
2. The general consensus from reading the previous online posts is that the London Pass is not worth it! True?
3. Is the London hop on hop off bus worth it ? The reviews on trip advisor are very varied and often cite bad traffic and poor acoustics as a problem.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 2 Maybe your worst nighmare...
- 3 Norther Spain first Iteniary
- 4 What fresh hell is this?
- 5 Firenze, Venezia, Cruise, Cinque Terre, Nce
- 6 Restaurant suggestions in Bologna
- 7 Can you tell me about using "The Fork" for reserving and savings?
- 8 Please help with hotels in Seville
- 9 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 10 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona
- 11 Which Train Station in Venice
- 12 Jamikins and Bikerscott in Andalusia
- 13 Uber vs. TfL
- 14 Greek Village
- 15 Berlin
- 16 Bordeaux to Nice
- 17 Austrian Train Purchase from US
- 18 Austria & Switzerland- winter or summer!
- 19 SE ITALY
- 20 napologetic Napoli, Uncompromising Capri, and Unassuming Amalfi
- 21 La Coruna or Santiago or both?
- 22 One free day in Barcelona
- 23 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 24 initial planning: Dublin, solo, February
- 25 Possible French strike on 9/21