Hello dear Fodories
For about a month I read your posts to figure out our plan for a first trip to London and Paris, all information was very helpful.
We are going in August this year from 12-22, we are family of 4 : me, DH and 2 DD 14 and 11 y.o.
I booked apartments through AirBnB with very nice ladies, apartment in London is on the Greek street near Tottenham Court Road Station, very close to Oxford St, in Paris is right across from Saint- Augustin walking distance from Saint-Lazare train station. We plan to spend 3 nights in London and 6 nights in Paris.
The plan is filled to a maximum, I entered all what interests us in the same area, but of course will see as we go. Plan to use trains and 2-for-1 discount in London, will purchase 4 day museum pass and Navigo cards in Paris.
Need your input, will appreciate all suggestions and comments.
Here is my plan:
*** LONDON ***
Sat Aug 13
____11:10AM London Gatwick
____1:00 PM London apartment
____3:00 PM St Paul's Cathedral
____5:00 PM evensong, eat
____7:00PM boat ride to London Eye
____8:00PM The London Eye (if no big line)
Sun Aug 14
____9:30 AM Hampton Court Palace, by train
____3:00PM walk by Big Ben, Parliament, London Eye (check the line)
____6:00PM Trafalgar Square, Covent Garden
____________TKTS , check for any theater tickets
Mon Aug 15
____10:00AM Tower of London (book the Yeoman Warden Tour)
____1:00PM walk by Tower Bridge
____2:00PM Borough Market lunch
____3:30PM walk by Southwalk Cathedral
____4:30PM Shakespeare's Globe Theater
____6:00PM TKTS, check for any theater tickets
Tue Aug 16
____9:15AM Buckingham Palace (book online Royal Day Out)
____2:30PM back at the apartment
____4:30PM Eurostar to Paris
____8:00PM Gare De Nord Paris
____9:00PM Paris apartment near St. Augustin
____10:30PM if has power take a cruise from Vedettes Du Pont Neuf
*** PARIS ****
Wed Aug 17
____8:30AM breakfast: Eric Kayser bakery 85 Boulevard Malesherbes
____10:00AM Arc de Triomphe
____11:00AM bus to Champs Elysee Park
____________ walk by Grand Palais, Petit Palais, Place de la Concorde
____2:30PM Jardin de Tuileries Park , snack
____3:30PM Palais Royal
____5:30PM dinner: Auberge Saint Roch 33 Rue Saint-Roch
____5:30PM The Louvre (open until 9) book tour in Louvre
____________or Louvre Masterpieces Tour app on the phone
____9:00PM Pont Alexandre III ( if can) watch sunset
Thu Aug 18
____8:45AM Musee d'Orsay
____12:00PM Hotel des Invalides, snack
____1:30PM Musee de L'Armee
____________ take a cruise to Eiffel
____________ Parc du Champ de Mars
____5:00PM dinner: Le Casse Noix 56 Rue de la Federation
____6-9:00PM Eiffel Tower (book online)
Fri Aug 19
____9:00AM Montparnasse Tower
____12:00PM Le Jardin du Luxembourg, eat
____2:30PM Cluny Museum (not, if no time left)
____4:00PM St Chapelle
____5:30PM Deportation Memorial behind ND
____6:30PM dinner: Sushi6 10 Rue Dauphine
____8:00PM Notre Dame
____________ if didn't do cruise before, then take one
____________from Bateaux Mouches or Bateaux Parisiens
Sat Aug 20
____9:30AM Versailles (book Private apartments of the King tour)
____________maybe stay for The Fountain Night Show from 8:30 to 10:40 pm
____________restaurant near the Grand Canal
Sun Aug 21
____free or do what planned on Monday
Mon Aug 22
____________ take a bus to
____________ walk down for 30 min to Palais Garnier opera
____2:00PM Palais Garnier opera (book a tour?)
____5:00PM leave for airport
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 온카지노＼※【KTV200.CoM 】※＼온라인바카라추천◐인터넷카지노주소
- 2 바카라주소＼※【KTV200.CoM 】※＼온카△온라인바카라주소
- 3 Help with purchasing a wedding gift card
- 4 Cell Phone Question
- 5 Planning a solo trip mostly to France, advice please!
- 6 Houses, Gardens & Walking in England
- 7 Aix en Provence Day Trips
- 8 Opinion on sights in Florence
- 9 Which is the cheapest country (and gorgeous) in Europe?
- 10 Where to go...one month w/a one year old
- 11 Advice on Sicily & Aeolian Islands
- 12 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 13 Driving from Spain to Portugal - passport check?
- 14 Campervan in Croatia
- 15 advance tickets?
- 16 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 17 San Francisco retirees would like to move to Paris for a year- crazy idea?
- 18 Connection time of 1:25 in Zurich on flight from US. Enough time?
- 19 Reputable Apartment Company in Granada
- 20 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 21 Como Bus to Bellagio
- 22 Advice for 5 Weeks in the Nordic Countries
- 23 Neighborhood for Dubrovnik
- 24 Venice > Garda > Verona > Bologna thoughts
- 25 Reindeer Migration on NRK
Hello dear Fodories