My wife and I are celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary in London right after Christmas through the first week of January. We will have 7 days to explore the sights. I have been reading through similar threads and have gained a lot of good information. This is our first trip to Europe. One thing that keeps coming up is making reservations to eat. This is something we are not accustom to. Is it only required if you want to eat at a "special" place ?? Are there very many walk in places to eat? We love to eat of course, but don't frequent "upscale" places that often. Although the dear wife may want to change that while we are in London. =)
Any advice for first timers to London is greatly appreciated. We are mid 40's primarily interested in museums, history, architecture, and shopping would be last I think (I hope! ).
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Jamikins? Other Italy travelers? Need car info, please.
- 2 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 3 Switzerland in September
- 4 Uber in Rome & Lisbon
- 5 My final Prague itinerary
- 6 Positano or Sorrento?
- 7 Last minute trip to Capri
- 8 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 9 weekend from cologne germany
- 10 Globus Iberian Tour
- 11 where to stay between Salamanca and Zaragoza?
- 12 Help with my trip to Paris and London
- 13 Last minute trip to Germany and Switzerland
- 14 13 nights in switzerland
- 15 10-Day Trip Planned..Need Recommendations
- 16 Earthquake near Naples
- 17 Greece - 8 days - Recommendations please!
- 18 London Theater
- 19 First time to Spain: Seville & Madrid
- 20 UK or France or elsewhere, July 2018, good price from west coast?
- 21 Estonia, Finland, and Iceland: Summer 2017
- 22 Driving from Rome to Sicily and back
- 23 Munich itinerary review
- 24 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 25 Birthday dinner in Salzburg