My wife and I are celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary in London right after Christmas through the first week of January. We will have 7 days to explore the sights. I have been reading through similar threads and have gained a lot of good information. This is our first trip to Europe. One thing that keeps coming up is making reservations to eat. This is something we are not accustom to. Is it only required if you want to eat at a "special" place ?? Are there very many walk in places to eat? We love to eat of course, but don't frequent "upscale" places that often. Although the dear wife may want to change that while we are in London. =)
Any advice for first timers to London is greatly appreciated. We are mid 40's primarily interested in museums, history, architecture, and shopping would be last I think (I hope! ).
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 London 2For1 question
- 2 18-19 day Budapest -Croatia itinerary
- 3 8-9 day Paris-Amsterdam-Rome
- 4 Fastest travel from Malpensa to Port of Genoa
- 5 16-17 days in Western Europe
- 6 Tuscan Country Side v Florence apartments with Child
- 7 Itinerary help Germany/Austria/Dolomites
- 8 7 days in Greece
- 9 Frustrated about Smolensk
- 10 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 11 Venice
- 12 yk's 12 days in Spain by herself Trip Report
- 13 Where to Begin If You're Ending in Amsterdam
- 14 Another Book List for Italy
- 15 Charming hotel in a village along the Rhine?
- 16 Last night in Sweden
- 17 Best Itinerary for 15 Days?
- 18 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 19 Paris or Edinburgh - 3 days which to choose?
- 20 PARIS: Mini Trip Report, Maxi Enjoyment!
- 21 charming cities in Spain
- 22 Beautiful Ireland: a 3-week solo journey.
- 23 Mantova, Ravenna, Ferrara fall 2017?
- 24 Budapest, Vienna, Salzburg, Munich
- 25 Itinerary Help for Portugal