My wife and I are celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary in London right after Christmas through the first week of January. We will have 7 days to explore the sights. I have been reading through similar threads and have gained a lot of good information. This is our first trip to Europe. One thing that keeps coming up is making reservations to eat. This is something we are not accustom to. Is it only required if you want to eat at a "special" place ?? Are there very many walk in places to eat? We love to eat of course, but don't frequent "upscale" places that often. Although the dear wife may want to change that while we are in London. =)
Any advice for first timers to London is greatly appreciated. We are mid 40's primarily interested in museums, history, architecture, and shopping would be last I think (I hope! ).
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 retruning to US with souveniers
- 2 LONG Trip Report Barcelona & Costa Brava June 2017
- 3 Italy in January?
- 4 Hotel Fita Amsterdam- questions re: air conditioning
- 5 How much do you tip a tour guide on an escorted tour?
- 6 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 7 Zermatt this weekend, a good idea looking at the weather?
- 8 First steps for Russian trip planning
- 9 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 10 Can I visit Rotterdam on a 6h40 min layover in Schiphol?
- 11 PORTO (???) combine with Galicia??
- 12 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 13 10 days in London in early December
- 14 Restaurants near Cortina, Italy
- 15 Berlin to ?
- 16 Day trip from Amsterdam for college girls
- 17 Travel from Cinque Terra to Pezenaz, France
- 18 Plane to Train Connection-CDG to Gare De Lyon
- 19 Scotland & UK: 2 weeks with Sheep & Cows
- 20 Help with Crete Itinerary
- 21 Trip to Barcelona, london, Paris, and Amsterdam/Dublin
- 22 Scotland in December
- 23 Cinque Terre, Bologna and Lake Como
- 24 4 nights Prague..then where? Need help
- 25 Itinerary Help for Sicily