We are in the beginning stages of a trip to London. It will be our first- we have only been to Europe twice- and not since 2009.
It will be myself (45 year old woman), my husband and our 16 year old daughter. The trip is for her 16 b-day. Her sister had a big party & trip to San Francisco ... This daughter is not a"party" girl - so she picked a trip to London.
We don't have too much time - 2 travel days and 6 or 7 days in London.
Two things that are high on her list:
Theater & Harry potter (don't laugh!) She adoresHarry potter and has going to the Harry potter placecoutsidecof London as a bucket list.
We are flying from Dfw will leave on a Thursday night and return Thursday or Friday the following week.
I am really confused on where to stay- I am thinking apartment? Confused on the areas... We have a ton of Marriott points, but with the three of us that might not be the best idea...
I have to have reliable Internet due to work and school .
Would like a two bedroom ... I admit, I like a little more than sparse... We usually stay at Marriott so very middle of the road - budget is a consideration...
Thinking first or second week of October of 2013..
H e l p
First trip to London
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Europe in December for 10 days
- 2 Travel Cards / just made a $70 mistake?
- 3 December trip to Germany & Switzerland - Ingo are you out there?
- 4 Italy - unusually so
- 5 Only 2+ hours for Schonbrunn Palace...timing question
- 6 Italy..Tuscany Cinque Terre or Amalfi & Calabria Scilily
- 7 Where to play agains the best outdoor basketball competition in Berlin?
- 8 Study Visa and Schengen area tourist allowance Question
- 9 Rome Fiumicino terminal 2 to terminal 3
- 10 England/EPL family vacation
- 11 4 Months in Europe
- 12 Never To Return
- 13 Tipping in the UK
- 14 Easyjet; Vueling; Ryanair "Carryon" Question
- 15 Help me plan Greece portion of anniversary trip
- 16 Greek Islands in October - who's open?
- 17 Inexpensive Restaurant in Zurich
- 18 Walking in the dales: Sedbergh or Malhamdale?
- 19 Barcelona next week, itinerary critique?
- 20 Barcelona Hotels, Looking for recommendations
- 21 Venice Itinerary Help, Please
- 22 Rick Steves - Ugly American Again!
- 23 Wurzburg/Regensburg Weather in April
- 24 London city Best option for transit
- 25 Dxb St. Juery Schaffhausen