We are in the beginning stages of a trip to London. It will be our first- we have only been to Europe twice- and not since 2009.
It will be myself (45 year old woman), my husband and our 16 year old daughter. The trip is for her 16 b-day. Her sister had a big party & trip to San Francisco ... This daughter is not a"party" girl - so she picked a trip to London.
We don't have too much time - 2 travel days and 6 or 7 days in London.
Two things that are high on her list:
Theater & Harry potter (don't laugh!) She adoresHarry potter and has going to the Harry potter placecoutsidecof London as a bucket list.
We are flying from Dfw will leave on a Thursday night and return Thursday or Friday the following week.
I am really confused on where to stay- I am thinking apartment? Confused on the areas... We have a ton of Marriott points, but with the three of us that might not be the best idea...
I have to have reliable Internet due to work and school .
Would like a two bedroom ... I admit, I like a little more than sparse... We usually stay at Marriott so very middle of the road - budget is a consideration...
Thinking first or second week of October of 2013..
H e l p
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris to Italy
- 2 9 Days in Spain
- 3 God Save the Queen?
- 4 Trip Report: Scotland, Vienna, Prague, and Berlin (May/June 2017)
- 5 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 6 Bulgaria- hidden gems
- 7 Piedmont, Cinque Terre, Lucca trip report
- 8 Frankfurt to UK
- 9 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 10 Barcelona alternative
- 11 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 12 Give 2 1/2 Days to Porto or 1 1/2 Days with Day Trip to Coimbra?
- 13 Spanish Medical Providers
- 14 Christmas windows in Paris 2016
- 15 Help with Portugal Itinerary Please
- 16 One last lunch in Rome - recommendations near Vatican City please
- 17 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 18 Iceland
- 19 Greece - when is the best time to go for warm but not too crowded?
- 20 Milan or Turin
- 21 Upscale Vacation Apartment Rentals in Vienna/Prague
- 22 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 23 Prague and Budapest with a 16 month old
- 24 Paris Neighborhood Help
- 25 Charming movie to watch if you've visited Erice in Sicily