We are in the beginning stages of a trip to London. It will be our first- we have only been to Europe twice- and not since 2009.
It will be myself (45 year old woman), my husband and our 16 year old daughter. The trip is for her 16 b-day. Her sister had a big party & trip to San Francisco ... This daughter is not a"party" girl - so she picked a trip to London.
We don't have too much time - 2 travel days and 6 or 7 days in London.
Two things that are high on her list:
Theater & Harry potter (don't laugh!) She adoresHarry potter and has going to the Harry potter placecoutsidecof London as a bucket list.
We are flying from Dfw will leave on a Thursday night and return Thursday or Friday the following week.
I am really confused on where to stay- I am thinking apartment? Confused on the areas... We have a ton of Marriott points, but with the three of us that might not be the best idea...
I have to have reliable Internet due to work and school .
Would like a two bedroom ... I admit, I like a little more than sparse... We usually stay at Marriott so very middle of the road - budget is a consideration...
Thinking first or second week of October of 2013..
H e l p
First trip to London
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 A Win At the Arc and Discovering Lisbon
- 2 Buying handbags and shoes in Italy, how much should I budget?
- 3 Edinburgh for 7 days for 60+
- 4 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 5 Best French Onion Soup in Paris
- 6 Two weeks in Italy - Venice, Ostuni and Naples
- 7 Maitaitom & Tracy's Romantic 20th Anniversary Paris 2014 Trip In September
- 8 Bordeaux, Burgundy & Paris recommendations
- 9 London Private Detectives
- 10 2 Weeks in Italy in early October
- 11 Venice to Wegen Switerzerland-suggestion for overnight near lake como
- 12 Calling Jamikins
- 13 Help wanted for choosing apartment/hotel in Istanbul (early May 2014)
- 14 A drive in Europe
- 15 Eiffel Tower Replica - where to buy, or how to make?
- 16 Help with Barcelona Plans Please!
- 17 Southern Spain wth family in 1 week by car
- 18 How to get from Greenwich to Victoria Station
- 19 Nuremburg and Bamberg from Munich
- 20 Apartment in Rome - location opinions please
- 21 Europe in 21 days
- 22 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 23 Phone for in-country calls in Greece
- 24 A little help with our Dordogne itinerary
- 25 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?