We are in the beginning stages of a trip to London. It will be our first- we have only been to Europe twice- and not since 2009.
It will be myself (45 year old woman), my husband and our 16 year old daughter. The trip is for her 16 b-day. Her sister had a big party & trip to San Francisco ... This daughter is not a"party" girl - so she picked a trip to London.
We don't have too much time - 2 travel days and 6 or 7 days in London.
Two things that are high on her list:
Theater & Harry potter (don't laugh!) She adoresHarry potter and has going to the Harry potter placecoutsidecof London as a bucket list.
We are flying from Dfw will leave on a Thursday night and return Thursday or Friday the following week.
I am really confused on where to stay- I am thinking apartment? Confused on the areas... We have a ton of Marriott points, but with the three of us that might not be the best idea...
I have to have reliable Internet due to work and school .
Would like a two bedroom ... I admit, I like a little more than sparse... We usually stay at Marriott so very middle of the road - budget is a consideration...
Thinking first or second week of October of 2013..
H e l p
First trip to London
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 car rental info
- 2 Help with Barcelona Plans Please!
- 3 ATM nonsense: be prepared
- 4 Rail tickets
- 5 bath or york
- 6 Boulevard Saint Germain from start to finish
- 7 13 days Netherlands, Germany, Austria and Zermatt
- 8 Cute hotel in Venice (San Marco) for around $150USD
- 9 iDTGV Sales Open Today for Travel through September 11, 2014
- 10 Venice to Wegen Switerzerland-suggestion for overnight near lake como
- 11 3.5 days in Andalucia
- 12 Greece Italy and Turkey
- 13 Hotel room/Aptartment Recommendation for 5 in Paris
- 14 Maitaitom & Tracy's Romantic 20th Anniversary Paris 2014 Trip In September
- 15 Three Centre Holiday, Italy
- 16 Hotel in Venice
- 17 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 18 Visiting the UK (2 Weeks, need help)
- 19 Advantages and Disadvantages of Visiting Turkey At This Time
- 20 GRAUBUNDEN: exploring Pontresina, Sils, Poschiavo, Zernez, Guarda, Scuol
- 21 Signal strength of T-Mobile phones in UK, Denmark, & Sweden
- 22 A little help with our Dordogne itinerary
- 23 Paris to Rome
- 24 Basque Spain to Lourdes to Carcassonne to Provence! 12 busy days solo
- 25 Recommendations for good driving routes for lavender fields in Provence