We are in the beginning stages of a trip to London. It will be our first- we have only been to Europe twice- and not since 2009.
It will be myself (45 year old woman), my husband and our 16 year old daughter. The trip is for her 16 b-day. Her sister had a big party & trip to San Francisco ... This daughter is not a"party" girl - so she picked a trip to London.
We don't have too much time - 2 travel days and 6 or 7 days in London.
Two things that are high on her list:
Theater & Harry potter (don't laugh!) She adoresHarry potter and has going to the Harry potter placecoutsidecof London as a bucket list.
We are flying from Dfw will leave on a Thursday night and return Thursday or Friday the following week.
I am really confused on where to stay- I am thinking apartment? Confused on the areas... We have a ton of Marriott points, but with the three of us that might not be the best idea...
I have to have reliable Internet due to work and school .
Would like a two bedroom ... I admit, I like a little more than sparse... We usually stay at Marriott so very middle of the road - budget is a consideration...
Thinking first or second week of October of 2013..
H e l p
First trip to London
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Un Coup de Foudre - Falling in Love with France in 8 Days
- 2 I finally have my Scotland trip all booked.
- 3 Now for the Venice hotel
- 4 A Week in Spain
- 5 Looking for nice regions with good public transport
- 6 Home Base in Belgium
- 7 Leaving schengen country without a re entry permit
- 8 Innsbruck and surroundings
- 9 Should I buy Euro's now?
- 10 Euro Travel Quiz - Places Reeking of History
- 11 Greece after the Vote
- 12 To Prague or not to Prague
- 13 Looking for 5* Beach Resort
- 14 Day Trips from Paris
- 15 Umbria - planning for 3 or 4 days in April
- 16 Plane or Train Lisbon to Porto?
- 17 6-Week Europe Itinerary - Thoughts and Suggestions?
- 18 5 PM Opera at La Scala on a Sunday night
- 19 Night Train from Krakow to Budapest
- 20 Travel with kids (6 & 8 yrs) to Germany/Switzerland/Liechtenstein
- 21 Free family pass for kids with Berner Oberland Pass?
- 22 South of Switzerland
- 23 Visiting Bastogne and nearby - should I stay there or Liege or elsewhere?
- 24 Recharging an Old Lebara SIM?
- 25 Practicing Spanish while in Spain - any ideas?