I was a young, US Navy enlisted man in 1982 when I was last in Italy. Which means I didn't have much in the way of expenses. All my pals and I got to do was ride a bus through and back. We were able to walk around in Naples, but not Rome. It only made me want to go back. So, I've got the chance but am clueless. It looks like I'll be able to go in February or March. All I know is that I want to "do" Rome for 3 or 4 days walking and/or riding a bus. I don't know where to start. Is there a popular opinion on a travel agent or not to use one? Actually, I'm looking for a rather basic trip. I think I can handle what's needed for air travel, but after that I'm lost. To me, it looks like I just need to book a hotel, walk around and see the sites, and go home. But my wife says there is more to it than that. So here I am. Can anyone point me in the right direction?Thanks, Don
First trip to Italy since the Navy
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Avignon to London?
- 2 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 3 Quickest Way from Vienna to Prague
- 4 Small group tour for Vatican and Colosseum/Forum, ? catacombs
- 5 feedback on itinerary to france and switzerland
- 6 York, Lakes District in early May good choice? Or Elsewhere?
- 7 Discover Greece On Line (Video + Stills)
- 8 Trip report:Vienna,Graz,Lake district,Salzburg,Wachau,Prague,Munich.
- 9 Ireland and the UK Itinerary Advice
- 10 Need Advice for my first family to Europe
- 11 OUR BIG ADVENTURE...2 WEEKS and counting
- 12 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014
- 13 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 14 Apartments in Jun/Jul in Rome, Venice, Florence (family of 5)
- 15 Amsterdam -Belgium -Germany -Amsterdam
- 16 Venice to Wegen Switerzerland-suggestion for overnight near lake como
- 17 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 18 Vienna - stay near train station or Innere Stadt?
- 19 Cilento, Calabria and Basilicata: Help fill in a few blanks for us
- 20 Hair Straightener for Europe!
- 21 Palm Sunday in Paris
- 22 Paris airport shuttle recommendations
- 23 Trenitalia has just enabled bookings for summer 2014
- 24 What Champagne House in Reims or Epernay for a day visit?
- 25 Boulevard Saint Germain from start to finish