I was a young, US Navy enlisted man in 1982 when I was last in Italy. Which means I didn't have much in the way of expenses. All my pals and I got to do was ride a bus through and back. We were able to walk around in Naples, but not Rome. It only made me want to go back. So, I've got the chance but am clueless. It looks like I'll be able to go in February or March. All I know is that I want to "do" Rome for 3 or 4 days walking and/or riding a bus. I don't know where to start. Is there a popular opinion on a travel agent or not to use one? Actually, I'm looking for a rather basic trip. I think I can handle what's needed for air travel, but after that I'm lost. To me, it looks like I just need to book a hotel, walk around and see the sites, and go home. But my wife says there is more to it than that. So here I am. Can anyone point me in the right direction?Thanks, Don
First trip to Italy since the Navy
View all Europe activity »
- 1 Help me plan a vacation to Paris!
- 2 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 3 Lake District, Hawkshead or Keswick?
- 4 Anniversary Weekend in Paris
- 5 London for Christmas
- 6 Venice passes....confusing as heck!
- 7 Stockholm Hotel Advice Help I'm torn Hotel Rival, Reisen or Story?????
- 8 Chambermaid tipping
- 9 Ira Has Been Kidnapped
- 10 Need help for visits to Belgium?
- 11 Belgium
- 12 Navigo Decouverte
- 13 Eurostar/Raileurope Advance Booking
- 14 suggestions for a base in france -rouen to st malo in 4 days
- 15 More help with housing in Puglia
- 16 Itinerary Help: Amsterdam-Zurich/Basel-Geneva in 10 days?
- 17 Euro Train
- 18 15 days in Europe,
- 19 Confirming..."Buy train tickets the day of departure" advice....M/V/Rome
- 20 Madrid to Sevilla
- 21 London, Paris, and Brussels 2014
- 22 Taxi Availability from Bus Station
- 23 Please help with this Switzerland/Italy itinerary
- 24 Advantages and Disadvantages of Visiting Turkey At This Time
- 25 Are they doing this yet in Paris and Rome?