First trip to Italy in October (belated honeymoon), thoughts are:
Day 1 Flight to Rome arrives 1030 hrs
Day 4 Train to Sorrento
* chilling, sightseeing
Day 10 Departure flight from Naples/Rome.
Any recommendations/tips? We would definitely like to see the Vatican (are these worth a go?http://www.viator.com/Rome-attractions/Vatican-tours-tickets/d511-a115?pref=02&aid=g3701).
Reasonable accommodation in Rome and Sorrento? We don't want dirt cheap or expensive spa type hotels, and somewhere with a view of Vesuvius is planned.
Whats the travel like from Naples to Sorrento?
Are there day trips to Capri as well just jumping on a boat/similar & going by foot. Whats to do over there?
Departure from Naples. Can anyone recommend an airline to fly back to Birmingham? Original thoughts were a single to Rome, and a single from Naples to Birmingham. It seems to be cheaper by approx £100 to travel back to Rome and fly from there (with Monarch)!?! And a return from Birmingham to Rome is cheaper still.
Thanks in advance
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 How is the drive from Munich to Paris?
- 2 Driving in Italy?
- 3 Hiking in Tirol/Austria
- 4 English Countryside
- 5 Athens daytrip - feasible?
- 6 Hiking in Austrian Alps?
- 7 Dolomites to Switzerland or Austria? Can't decide!
- 8 Guided Group Tour of Italy--opinions please
- 9 Road Trip From Frankfurt
- 10 Granada to Madrid
- 11 Manchester Airport Connection Time
- 12 Croatia
- 13 Croatia trip Planning
- 14 Norway -Trips
- 15 Base for wine tasting and last night in Lisbon
- 16 Need help on our Provence trip July 2016
- 17 Itinerary and transportation suggestions
- 18 England Transportation Experts Needed! Multiple Questions!
- 19 Warsaw Pollution Reaches Record Highs...
- 20 First-ish Trip To UK Itinerary Suggestions?
- 21 Amsterdam and Beyond - 7 Days
- 22 Advice for 5 Weeks in the Nordic Countries
- 23 Do NIN in 1 or 2 days?
- 24 May/June 2016 - Switzerland, Germany, and Austria - Hiking Included
- 25 Bergen and Norway with toddler under-two