First trip to Italy in October (belated honeymoon), thoughts are:
Day 1 Flight to Rome arrives 1030 hrs
Day 4 Train to Sorrento
* chilling, sightseeing
Day 10 Departure flight from Naples/Rome.
Any recommendations/tips? We would definitely like to see the Vatican (are these worth a go?http://www.viator.com/Rome-attractions/Vatican-tours-tickets/d511-a115?pref=02&aid=g3701).
Reasonable accommodation in Rome and Sorrento? We don't want dirt cheap or expensive spa type hotels, and somewhere with a view of Vesuvius is planned.
Whats the travel like from Naples to Sorrento?
Are there day trips to Capri as well just jumping on a boat/similar & going by foot. Whats to do over there?
Departure from Naples. Can anyone recommend an airline to fly back to Birmingham? Original thoughts were a single to Rome, and a single from Naples to Birmingham. It seems to be cheaper by approx £100 to travel back to Rome and fly from there (with Monarch)!?! And a return from Birmingham to Rome is cheaper still.
Thanks in advance
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Arrival in Berlin on Christmas Day?
- 2 Can I buy a Sim card at FCO? Terminal 3
- 3 Austria & Switzerland- winter or summer!
- 4 Bordeaux to Nice
- 5 Travel in Europe
- 6 Maybe your worst nighmare...
- 7 Help me decide which major city to cut based on time of year.
- 8 London and Paris - 3 days each
- 9 Possible French strike on 9/21
- 10 Supplements in Carry on bag
- 11 Whathello Paris
- 12 Multiplug, Surge Protector needed?
- 13 sylvenstein road in Bavaria
- 14 Athens Help
- 15 Crete Holiday
- 16 Driving from Culzean Castle to Bamburgh
- 17 Rome to Venice
- 18 One free day in Barcelona
- 19 Roman (and Florentine, Venetian) Holiday with la Principessa
- 20 November in Rome
- 21 Rouen or Rennes to pick up Rental Car
- 22 Granada in April; add Malaga?
- 23 The Little Cyclades, Santorini, Vienna
- 24 Trains in Italy
- 25 Suggestions for driving Cadiz to Zaragosa