First trip to Italy in October (belated honeymoon), thoughts are:
Day 1 Flight to Rome arrives 1030 hrs
Day 4 Train to Sorrento
* chilling, sightseeing
Day 10 Departure flight from Naples/Rome.
Any recommendations/tips? We would definitely like to see the Vatican (are these worth a go?http://www.viator.com/Rome-attractions/Vatican-tours-tickets/d511-a115?pref=02&aid=g3701).
Reasonable accommodation in Rome and Sorrento? We don't want dirt cheap or expensive spa type hotels, and somewhere with a view of Vesuvius is planned.
Whats the travel like from Naples to Sorrento?
Are there day trips to Capri as well just jumping on a boat/similar & going by foot. Whats to do over there?
Departure from Naples. Can anyone recommend an airline to fly back to Birmingham? Original thoughts were a single to Rome, and a single from Naples to Birmingham. It seems to be cheaper by approx £100 to travel back to Rome and fly from there (with Monarch)!?! And a return from Birmingham to Rome is cheaper still.
Thanks in advance
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris for children
- 2 Nice/Villefranche/Monaco
- 3 My Topic Title Edinburgh to Heathrow BA flight on Monday Question?
- 4 16 days in France and Italy
- 5 Fueled by gluten, caffeine, and alcohol - two weeks in France
- 6 [Needed Recs] Cheap, widely available, good wine in Italy?
- 7 Train/car from Madrid to Toledo tomorrow
- 8 Should We Go to the French Riviera in August?
- 9 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz - Memorial Day Special
- 10 Proposed electronics ban and questions about my Kindle
- 11 Private Guide in Cordoba, Spain
- 12 Spain itinerary and railway advise
- 13 Nice to Cinque Terre where to stay.
- 14 One July night in Verona - help!
- 15 Changing Planes at Fiumicino
- 16 Couscous
- 17 Exchange ZAR in Turkey
- 18 Gibraltar United Kingdom
- 19 Purchasing travel insurance in the UK
- 20 Switzerland swiss mountain passes so confusing, jungfrou
- 21 Need help deciphering benefits of Swiss train pass vs German 25% off...
- 22 Guided Vatican Tours
- 23 SIM Card for London, Belgium, France & Italy
- 24 How are the feasts in Malta Celebrated?
- 25 First Time in Ireland...Intinerary advice please