I have no idea how to do this forum thing and I'm sure I'm doing it wrong but here goes. I will be coming to Italy in April 2013. Will be in Venice for a day, then will be coming to Tuscany for 6 days, then on to Rome for 4 days - at least thats what I'm thinking now. I'm struggling with this. First time I've been and have no idea what I'm doing. I want to see Volterra, San Gimignano, Florence, Pisa, Cinque Terre maybe, Siena and I'm sure I'm leaving out a million other beautiful places. My husband is not keen on driving so we will be taking public transportation. I need to know the best place to stay that will let us have access to see all these places easily. Also any suggestions on places to stay in Rome or Venice would be greatly appreciated as well as in the suggested area above. I would love to stay within walking distance to the spanish steps etc in Rome. I've been told that from Rome we can do day trips to Pompeii which I hope is true. In Venice we would need to stay in the heart of the historic district because we will only be there one night. If I've left off anything that is essential please let me know. I know that I have not mentioned the sights in the cities but I do have those down.
First Trip To Italy - Need Help With Tuscany Region
- 1 I'm Boycotting Switzerland And I'm Glad Belgium Makes Great Chocolate Too!
- 2 15 wonderful days of Vino, Gelatos n Esprossos!
- 3 Driving the Mediterranean - Spain, France & Italy - 3 weeks - August 2013
- 4 July reservations for County Kerry?
- 5 Benita In Paris
- 6 In Venice then Wengen - Urgent help to choose Apt + Train ticket Sold Out
- 7 Barcelona June 2013 Trip Report
- 8 Paris and Amsterdam July 2013 trip
- 9 Driving through Europe
- 10 Romania Tour Guide
- 11 Transportation from Barcelona airport to Li Riberia
- 12 Best Area to Stay in Paris
- 13 Italy with kids - lost in the wilderness of planning - please help
- 14 Travel from Sorrento to Naples in the early morning?
- 15 5000 stairsteps, 40 ciao bellas, 12 trains, 8 pizzas, 3 women, 1 report
- 16 The "I'm moving/I'm coming home" Italy Trip Report...
- 17 Amsterdam - Germany and Wine!
- 18 Help Needed with European Adventure
- 19 Places to visit from London
- 20 Nice agriturismo or country apartments/villa near Bologna
- 21 Rental car size in Spain: what's a supermini?
- 22 Renting Apartment in Nice
- 23 Do and don't, eating in France
- 24 Group tours of Greece/Greek islands for solo traveler
- 25 Who is along for the ride???Still needing help on this INTERESTING trip