My husband and I are planning a 3 week trip to Italy in early May next year. We're celebrating my 65th birthday and retirement! We're flying into Milan and out of Rome. Here's what I've come up with so far.
Lake Como-Varenna-3 nights
Rome-4 nights .
we'll be traveling by train on this trip. I'm wondering if we should skip the night in Milan and take the train directly to Lake Como on the day of our arrival. We get into milan at noon. Too tiring? (We have a long flight from San Francisco, but luckily I was able to secure business class seats with frequent flier miles!) im sorry to be missing the countryside in Tuscany and Umbria but we can't see it all on our first trip...
Any thought or comments would be most appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help with basic itinerary
- 2 Alhambra ticket confusions
- 3 Cinqueterre
- 4 Scandinavia Itinerary help!
- 5 Final Four
- 6 Versailles - Much More than the Palace!
- 7 Nowhere 'safe' : London attack
- 8 Parking in Girona
- 9 1 week in andalusia in early June - suggestions please
- 10 Denmark-UBER has left the building.
- 11 Can't get in to Cordoba....
- 12 Cordoba, Granada, Seville loop
- 13 SNCF - low price for summer
- 14 Seeking advice on apt rental
- 15 Easter Week in Europe, Destination Suggestions Please
- 16 Getting from Ravello to Venice
- 17 Driving (hire car) in London…
- 18 Spain: 2 versions of a new itinerary. Please help me figure this out.
- 19 A birthday dinner in Sevilla
- 20 Please help with planning Italian honeymoon
- 21 Bordeaux, la Rochelle, Toulouse & Garonne-by bike, self-drive boat & car
- 22 Paris drinks/dinner GTG April?
- 23 A walk through Greenwich and Blackheath March 2017
- 24 Portugal In A Week-The Places You'd Go Back To
- 25 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges