My husband and I are planning a 3 week trip to Italy in early May next year. We're celebrating my 65th birthday and retirement! We're flying into Milan and out of Rome. Here's what I've come up with so far.
Lake Como-Varenna-3 nights
Rome-4 nights .
we'll be traveling by train on this trip. I'm wondering if we should skip the night in Milan and take the train directly to Lake Como on the day of our arrival. We get into milan at noon. Too tiring? (We have a long flight from San Francisco, but luckily I was able to secure business class seats with frequent flier miles!) im sorry to be missing the countryside in Tuscany and Umbria but we can't see it all on our first trip...
Any thought or comments would be most appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Dublin or Amsterdam?
- 2 Americans moving to Europe - Suggestions?
- 3 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 4 Flying into London and Flying out of Edinburgh
- 5 Trip Report : Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania
- 6 Booking through Loco2 Train
- 7 Iceland - which direction to drive RIng Road? Clockwise or counter?
- 8 Weighing hand luggage at CDG security now
- 9 Four Nights free after Monmouth, Wales & before London.
- 10 Looking for a unique 3 days in Venice
- 11 Rome to venice
- 12 Two weeks in Italy flying in and out of Milan
- 13 Day trip to Lake Como from Milan
- 14 Recommendation for GPS with Europe maps
- 15 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 16 Can I do Stonehenge and Bath from Isle of Wight in 1 day?
- 17 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 18 Areas in Milan
- 19 Melia Colbert Paris
- 20 Perugia
- 21 Review Final Iceland Itinerary Please
- 22 Help please
- 23 Frustrated about Smolensk
- 24 One Month in Italy - Where would you base yourself?
- 25 Itinerary Advice London and Paris with 2 Adults 2 Children (7 and 8.5)