My husband and I are planning a 3 week trip to Italy in early May next year. We're celebrating my 65th birthday and retirement! We're flying into Milan and out of Rome. Here's what I've come up with so far.
Lake Como-Varenna-3 nights
Rome-4 nights .
we'll be traveling by train on this trip. I'm wondering if we should skip the night in Milan and take the train directly to Lake Como on the day of our arrival. We get into milan at noon. Too tiring? (We have a long flight from San Francisco, but luckily I was able to secure business class seats with frequent flier miles!) im sorry to be missing the countryside in Tuscany and Umbria but we can't see it all on our first trip...
Any thought or comments would be most appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Please help with 12 days in England!
- 2 Cutback on Spain trip
- 3 Westerplatte
- 4 10 nights in Umbria before Rome- advice please
- 5 What is best for gps & data for trip to spain and portugal?
- 6 European Travel - Trivia Quiz #151
- 7 2017 Easter in Italy
- 8 Luggage for train travel in Europe
- 9 3 days in Ortygia Sicily
- 10 Bernina Express mid-March
- 11 Croatia transportation question.
- 12 Malaga - places to stay and eat
- 13 Portugal and Spain itinerary help!
- 14 Biarritz family holiday
- 15 Ireland hotel questions
- 16 Isles of Scilly - Anyone Been?
- 17 Suggested Italy Itinerary
- 18 Need hotel recommendations for Madrid, Toledo & Andalucia
- 19 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 20 getting to CDG
- 21 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 22 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 23 Help Planning Seot 2017 Trip to Andalusia
- 24 Greece...so many options! (11 days)
- 25 Ireland trip planning recommendations - March