My husband and I are planning a 3 week trip to Italy in early May next year. We're celebrating my 65th birthday and retirement! We're flying into Milan and out of Rome. Here's what I've come up with so far.
Lake Como-Varenna-3 nights
Rome-4 nights .
we'll be traveling by train on this trip. I'm wondering if we should skip the night in Milan and take the train directly to Lake Como on the day of our arrival. We get into milan at noon. Too tiring? (We have a long flight from San Francisco, but luckily I was able to secure business class seats with frequent flier miles!) im sorry to be missing the countryside in Tuscany and Umbria but we can't see it all on our first trip...
Any thought or comments would be most appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 road trip through scotland
- 2 Best Neck Pillow
- 3 barcelona neighborhood
- 4 Base in Rhine or Mosel?
- 5 Tieks for travel
- 6 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 7 LHR Connection Time and Fast Track
- 8 Tracking the Weather
- 9 Laura and Steve's Spanish Adventure
- 10 Van Crashes into crowded street in Barcelona
- 11 Where to eat in Rome?
- 12 Thinking about the Fjords
- 13 Black Forest base 7-10 days - public transport
- 14 Copenhagen,Helsinki,St. Petersburg in mid September
- 15 Posting Packages from Central Europe
- 16 Rest Stops from Tuscany to Umbria
- 17 Area with nicest countryside--Assisi, Veneto or Emilia?
- 18 Italy travel plan help
- 19 Jamikins? Other Italy travelers? Need car info, please.
- 20 Italy round 4 - Pisa/CT/Parma/Bologna/Milan
- 21 Cinque Terre, Bologna and Lake Como
- 22 Berlin - Grouping attractions by location
- 23 Alsace to Austria?
- 24 Help with Spain/Portugal itinerary 33 days
- 25 Budapest language lessons