My husband and I are planning a 3 week trip to Italy in early May next year. We're celebrating my 65th birthday and retirement! We're flying into Milan and out of Rome. Here's what I've come up with so far.
Lake Como-Varenna-3 nights
Rome-4 nights .
we'll be traveling by train on this trip. I'm wondering if we should skip the night in Milan and take the train directly to Lake Como on the day of our arrival. We get into milan at noon. Too tiring? (We have a long flight from San Francisco, but luckily I was able to secure business class seats with frequent flier miles!) im sorry to be missing the countryside in Tuscany and Umbria but we can't see it all on our first trip...
Any thought or comments would be most appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 PANDA@ ANTIVIRUS Errors CONTACT ☎ 1:800:681:7208 Technical SUPP0RT Care
- 2 Where Would You? (1 random night in Dec btwn Bologna and Montepulciano)
- 3 Warning about visa subcontractor VFS Global in Chicago
- 4 What Can We Do to Help A Refugee Family in France?
- 5 Scotland
- 6 If you visit London, go to the Kew Gardens!
- 7 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 8 Swiss Pass vs Half Fare Card??
- 9 Laura and Steve's Spanish Adventure
- 10 Greek Mainland Itinerary
- 11 Connecting rooms for 2 families in Amsterdam?
- 12 Maximizing Norway time
- 13 Iphone 6 usage in multiple European Countries
- 14 May Honeymoon in Sorrento?
- 15 Studying art in English in venice
- 16 Berlin to ?
- 17 Zermatt this weekend, a good idea looking at the weather?
- 18 Train transfer questions and safety - France/NL/Belgium/UK
- 19 Paris Perfect Legal?
- 20 Driving Prague to Zurich to Amsterdam w/ 2 toddlers
- 21 Transportation from Westport via Athlone to Belturbet or Ballinamore area
- 22 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 23 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 24 Trip Report: Austria - salt mine, ice cave, Habsburgs' Summer Palace
- 25 Suppose to leave on the 24th, still no visa