Me and my husband are so excited and very confused about our trip to italy. We are going end of april 2014 into the first week of may for 9 days. We decided on focusing on the northern part, venice being the main interest there. We want to pick one place and take the train for day trips to surrounding cities, bologna, verona, cinque terre. is that the best way to go about this trip? It just seems like bouncing around and staying in more than one city gets expensive and time consuming, we do have a $5-6000 budget, and only 9 days. Any other cities that we shouldn't miss? We are open to anything big cities small towns it doesn't matter, just want to experience it all! Should we stay in venice because most of our time will be there anyway? better question, is it worth the extra money to stay right in venice than taking the train in? Or Should our time be focused in a different/better city? So many questions! We are mid twenties, we want some fun of course, wine, culture, love art etc etc all the typical reasons for going to italy. Thanks for the much much needed help!
First trip to italy! help!
View all Europe activity »
- 1 Traveling within Italy
- 2 San Sebastian and 2 day trips into France...lodging and places to see
- 3 To Paris and Provence in June
- 4 Where to stop on Italy's west coast
- 5 Ira Has Been Kidnapped
- 6 Stories from London, France, Italy & more - Trip Report
- 7 Family European winter holiday
- 8 London at Easter
- 9 Florence in October
- 10 4 Women Exploring London Dec 19-23
- 11 Normandy in mid Sept?
- 12 Confirming..."Buy train tickets the day of departure" advice....M/V/Rome
- 13 Cycling and wine-tasting through Italy, Slovenia and Croatia
- 14 3 nights in Bayeux, FRANCE...how to make the most of our days in winter?
- 15 Italy: Planning a honeymoon....HELP!!!!
- 16 Need PIN for general credit card use in Spain Portugal
- 17 Advises for trip to Russia
- 18 FRA airport: How big is "big"?
- 19 Best option for Dollars to Euros for apartment payment"
- 20 Paris to Colmar by Car...Best Route/Stops along the way?
- 21 Travelling to Amalfi Coast in April 2014
- 22 Which travel plan?
- 23 Turkey: Istanbul, Ephesus, Cappadocia
- 24 Madrid to Sevilla
- 25 Day Trips from Florence: Tours or On Our Own???