Me and my husband are so excited and very confused about our trip to italy. We are going end of april 2014 into the first week of may for 9 days. We decided on focusing on the northern part, venice being the main interest there. We want to pick one place and take the train for day trips to surrounding cities, bologna, verona, cinque terre. is that the best way to go about this trip? It just seems like bouncing around and staying in more than one city gets expensive and time consuming, we do have a $5-6000 budget, and only 9 days. Any other cities that we shouldn't miss? We are open to anything big cities small towns it doesn't matter, just want to experience it all! Should we stay in venice because most of our time will be there anyway? better question, is it worth the extra money to stay right in venice than taking the train in? Or Should our time be focused in a different/better city? So many questions! We are mid twenties, we want some fun of course, wine, culture, love art etc etc all the typical reasons for going to italy. Thanks for the much much needed help!
First trip to italy! help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 2 Week Honeymoon France, Italy, Spain, Greece, Rome
- 2 Trip report: Kayaking, Riding and fall in Split, Croatia
- 3 Barcelona Hotels, Looking for recommendations
- 4 Only 2+ hours for Schonbrunn Palace...timing question
- 5 Lucerne Switzerland
- 6 London city Best option for transit
- 7 Croatia via Venice for two weeks - itinerary suggestions
- 8 Central Europe itinerary
- 9 First visit to France in November
- 10 Need meal and site advice for not often discussed Greek Islands & Places
- 11 Greek Islands in October - who's open?
- 12 Rick Steves - Ugly American Again!
- 13 Italy..Tuscany Cinque Terre or Amalfi & Calabria Scilily
- 14 Barcelona next week, itinerary critique?
- 15 Four weeks driving thru Italy October 2014
- 16 Madrid Apartment Rentals
- 17 Versailles - guided tour or on our own????
- 18 Southern Spain - What to SEE, what to BUY - what NOT to miss
- 19 at what point should one get health insurance
- 20 Provence in April, 2014, Part 2
- 21 Venice Itinerary Help, Please
- 22 Europe in December for 10 days
- 23 Wurzburg/Regensburg Weather in April
- 24 Travel Cards / just made a $70 mistake?
- 25 10-Hr Auto Tour o Lisbon,Portugal