Me and my husband are so excited and very confused about our trip to italy. We are going end of april 2014 into the first week of may for 9 days. We decided on focusing on the northern part, venice being the main interest there. We want to pick one place and take the train for day trips to surrounding cities, bologna, verona, cinque terre. is that the best way to go about this trip? It just seems like bouncing around and staying in more than one city gets expensive and time consuming, we do have a $5-6000 budget, and only 9 days. Any other cities that we shouldn't miss? We are open to anything big cities small towns it doesn't matter, just want to experience it all! Should we stay in venice because most of our time will be there anyway? better question, is it worth the extra money to stay right in venice than taking the train in? Or Should our time be focused in a different/better city? So many questions! We are mid twenties, we want some fun of course, wine, culture, love art etc etc all the typical reasons for going to italy. Thanks for the much much needed help!
First trip to italy! help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 tour guides in rome
- 2 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014
- 3 4 Cs-Champagne, Cartier, Chanel & Christmas in Paris 2013 were fantastic!
- 4 RFID wallets do they really work?
- 5 Ony 3-4 nights in Ortigia, priorities?????????
- 6 christmas lunch or dinner munich 2014
- 7 Seaside island village in Greece
- 8 First time Croatia; young children; itinerary
- 9 Wales/Scotland Trip - August 2014
- 10 From CDG to the Seventh?
- 11 7 days in Greece
- 12 4 night stay for 5 in interlaken
- 13 Just Another Macarons, Hot Chocolate, Tucked into Bed by 11 Paris Report
- 14 Republique - Canal St Martin area safe? And VRBO apartment rental questions
- 15 Looking for advice on hotels in Paris
- 16 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 17 Spain itineraries
- 18 Itinerary Help!
- 19 Wanting to spend 6 months in the French Countryside
- 20 Greek Island Chartering Yacht with Skipper?
- 21 Italy for 3 in 12 days
- 22 Scotland
- 23 Jamikins and Bikerscott in Le Marche and the Dolomites
- 24 7-8 days in Greece HELP!
- 25 OUR BIG ADVENTURE...2 WEEKS and counting