Me and my husband are so excited and very confused about our trip to italy. We are going end of april 2014 into the first week of may for 9 days. We decided on focusing on the northern part, venice being the main interest there. We want to pick one place and take the train for day trips to surrounding cities, bologna, verona, cinque terre. is that the best way to go about this trip? It just seems like bouncing around and staying in more than one city gets expensive and time consuming, we do have a $5-6000 budget, and only 9 days. Any other cities that we shouldn't miss? We are open to anything big cities small towns it doesn't matter, just want to experience it all! Should we stay in venice because most of our time will be there anyway? better question, is it worth the extra money to stay right in venice than taking the train in? Or Should our time be focused in a different/better city? So many questions! We are mid twenties, we want some fun of course, wine, culture, love art etc etc all the typical reasons for going to italy. Thanks for the much much needed help!
First trip to italy! help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 UK passport renewal from O'seas.
- 2 DayTrips from Madrid vs. Overnight
- 3 14 Day Swiss Itinerary Sep-2015
- 4 Trip to Cornwall with senior - logistics assistance please?
- 5 Spain pre cruise and post cruise stay
- 6 First time in Europe-France and Italy or just France?
- 7 Jamikins and Bikerscott do Barcelona and San Sebastian
- 8 Copies of passports & credit cars
- 9 Travel in Ireland in July 2015
- 10 Flamenco show- madrid or seville?
- 11 Two Twentysomethings in Central Europe ITINERARY
- 12 Paris Apartment for 7 - deciding between 2 choices
- 13 Is my itinerary the Best of Switzerland?
- 14 The Tweesters take a trip to BiH, Croatia and Slovenia
- 15 Arctic Circle in December
- 16 Catalonia
- 17 Affordable language lessons/homestays in France?
- 18 Chip and Pin Card from Capital One
- 19 Macarons!
- 20 Places for Solo Traveling Near Paris
- 21 Amsterdam Trip Report
- 22 7 days in Portugal-itinerary help
- 23 Sammezzano update
- 24 My experiences in Sevilla, Cordoba, Granada, Madrid, Segovia & Toledo
- 25 Arc de Triomphe Elevator