To whom it may concern:
My girlfriend and I are going to be in Italy (landing on Oct 1st in Rome, departing Oct 16 from Venice, giving us 14 full days in between). We are very flexible in terms of where we stay (i.e. we are not picky, and will likely stay in many hostels) and in fact the only accommodations we have booked are the first 4 nights in Rome. We love outdoor activities as well, and the Cinque Terre hike is a must on this trip.
So, I'm just going to throw out an itinerary and see if I could get some feedback from the crowd (note as well that we plan to do all travelling by train with a possible trip in a ferry/water taxi in there somewhere, but definitley not by car):
Oct 1 : Arrive in Rome (10PM)
Oct 5 : Rome to Sorrento
Oct 8 : Travel from Sorrento to Florence OR Verona (heard good things about Verona)
Oct 11 : Travel from Florence OR Verona to Cinque Terre
Oct 12 : Travel from Cinque Terre to Venice
Oct 16 : Depart Venice (7AM)
So what's the verdict? Too much? Should we skip the trek south from Rome altogehter and just enjoy the north of Italy? Or is it possibly a good itinerary provided we don't mind being "on the go" every other day.
And, while we're here - anyone have a restaurant recommendation in any of these places they'd like to throw out there? : )
First Trip to Italy (going this weekend!)
To whom it may concern:
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Rome, Florence, Pisa, Cinque Terre, Venice, Florence
- 2 Earthquakes in Tuscany
- 3 Italy, mid May, 10 days, Rome + another city?
- 4 Three ferries to Mull
- 5 American Express
- 6 Transferwise: My latest experience in currency exchange
- 7 Charles de Gaulle to Gare du Nord with limitations?
- 8 Upgrading second class Swiss pass to first class for individual train rides
- 9 27-DAY ODYSSEY IN THE ALPS with 3 FINAL DAYS IN PARIS
- 10 N Ireland / Ireland driving
- 11 Finally in Italy for the holidays - installment report
- 12 Treis-Karden 4 days and Trier 2 days?
- 13 Andalucia - very early trip thinking - reactions?
- 14 Scotland: North West Highlands: July 2012
- 15 Story of the German Christmas star
- 16 Starting to plan for 3.5 weeks in northern Spain, May 2015
- 17 Airport ATMs
- 18 All Set To Go!!
- 19 VAT refund Q--new carryon bag ??
- 20 Ideas for Itinerary from Frankfurt
- 21 Euro Trivia Quiz #12 - Know Your Rivers?
- 22 Birmingham- Winter Sunday
- 23 Driving from Portree to Torridon
- 24 Feedback on Gotland Medieval Festival
- 25 They Just Don't Read or Listen about DCC Scam