To whom it may concern:
My girlfriend and I are going to be in Italy (landing on Oct 1st in Rome, departing Oct 16 from Venice, giving us 14 full days in between). We are very flexible in terms of where we stay (i.e. we are not picky, and will likely stay in many hostels) and in fact the only accommodations we have booked are the first 4 nights in Rome. We love outdoor activities as well, and the Cinque Terre hike is a must on this trip.
So, I'm just going to throw out an itinerary and see if I could get some feedback from the crowd (note as well that we plan to do all travelling by train with a possible trip in a ferry/water taxi in there somewhere, but definitley not by car):
Oct 1 : Arrive in Rome (10PM)
Oct 5 : Rome to Sorrento
Oct 8 : Travel from Sorrento to Florence OR Verona (heard good things about Verona)
Oct 11 : Travel from Florence OR Verona to Cinque Terre
Oct 12 : Travel from Cinque Terre to Venice
Oct 16 : Depart Venice (7AM)
So what's the verdict? Too much? Should we skip the trek south from Rome altogehter and just enjoy the north of Italy? Or is it possibly a good itinerary provided we don't mind being "on the go" every other day.
And, while we're here - anyone have a restaurant recommendation in any of these places they'd like to throw out there? : )
First Trip to Italy (going this weekend!)
To whom it may concern:
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Planning for Italy trip with a two-year old
- 2 What to book ahead in Barcelona?
- 3 Train from Brussels to Amsterdam
- 4 Suggestions on how best to spend our time in Lyon
- 5 Spain, France, Netherlands with 18, 19 yo grandsons
- 6 Yacht trip on coast of Spain
- 7 Driving to Paris... Parking?
- 8 Honeymoon in Greece or Italy or Spain?
- 9 Question for best Town to base for touring the Amalfi Coast
- 10 Luggage on train from Waterloo to Southampton
- 11 Wisdom needed for a itinerary in northern Italy, Bavaria and Prague
- 12 Suggested Itinerary and ideas for South of France road tour?
- 13 Amalfi Coast/Sorrento Itinerary Help!
- 14 5 Hour Layover in Amsterdam
- 15 Day Tours in Croatia, Slovenia that you can recommend?
- 16 What to wear
- 17 Can you recommend a little seaside town near Athen?
- 18 Northern Italy itinerary critique - please
- 19 Escorted Tours to Europe from UK to Dordogne Valley, France
- 20 Writers Needed for Austria Guidebook
- 21 Last minute Bordeaux restaurant suggestions - for 4/26-4/28
- 22 Little-kid friendly place an hour or so by train from Frankfurt airport
- 23 Family trip - 11 days/10 nights in Italy
- 24 London neighborhood suggestions
- 25 DH wants Paris but I need ACoast....itinerary help!