To whom it may concern:
My girlfriend and I are going to be in Italy (landing on Oct 1st in Rome, departing Oct 16 from Venice, giving us 14 full days in between). We are very flexible in terms of where we stay (i.e. we are not picky, and will likely stay in many hostels) and in fact the only accommodations we have booked are the first 4 nights in Rome. We love outdoor activities as well, and the Cinque Terre hike is a must on this trip.
So, I'm just going to throw out an itinerary and see if I could get some feedback from the crowd (note as well that we plan to do all travelling by train with a possible trip in a ferry/water taxi in there somewhere, but definitley not by car):
Oct 1 : Arrive in Rome (10PM)
Oct 5 : Rome to Sorrento
Oct 8 : Travel from Sorrento to Florence OR Verona (heard good things about Verona)
Oct 11 : Travel from Florence OR Verona to Cinque Terre
Oct 12 : Travel from Cinque Terre to Venice
Oct 16 : Depart Venice (7AM)
So what's the verdict? Too much? Should we skip the trek south from Rome altogehter and just enjoy the north of Italy? Or is it possibly a good itinerary provided we don't mind being "on the go" every other day.
And, while we're here - anyone have a restaurant recommendation in any of these places they'd like to throw out there? : )
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Purchasing travel insurance in the UK
- 2 Gibraltar United Kingdom
- 3 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 4 June Honeymoon in Greek Islands
- 5 Ireland base towns (and timing) - Connemara/W. Cork?
- 6 3 nights in Madrid
- 7 Great Food restaurant, cafes, bars, winery, food shops in Provence and Lyon
- 8 Stumbling on the path to a Russian visa
- 9 Ideas for vacation to Germany
- 10 Nice/Villefranche/Monaco
- 11 Threat Level in UK
- 12 Cartagena Spain
- 13 Itinery help Crete
- 14 Base for Hidcote, etc. from London
- 15 Itinerary Advice - Dublin to Shannon
- 16 8 days vacation to Switzerland & Austria
- 17 Need help deciphering benefits of Swiss train pass vs German 25% off...
- 18 S. Kensington London Restaurants
- 19 Fueled by gluten, caffeine, and alcohol - two weeks in France
- 20 Graz in January
- 21 Problem using American bank card in Turkey
- 22 Tuscany wedding venues for 2
- 23 London Hotel - Different Request
- 24 Iceland trip report!
- 25 Sarlat & Surrounding Towns Restaurants
To whom it may concern: