To whom it may concern:
My girlfriend and I are going to be in Italy (landing on Oct 1st in Rome, departing Oct 16 from Venice, giving us 14 full days in between). We are very flexible in terms of where we stay (i.e. we are not picky, and will likely stay in many hostels) and in fact the only accommodations we have booked are the first 4 nights in Rome. We love outdoor activities as well, and the Cinque Terre hike is a must on this trip.
So, I'm just going to throw out an itinerary and see if I could get some feedback from the crowd (note as well that we plan to do all travelling by train with a possible trip in a ferry/water taxi in there somewhere, but definitley not by car):
Oct 1 : Arrive in Rome (10PM)
Oct 5 : Rome to Sorrento
Oct 8 : Travel from Sorrento to Florence OR Verona (heard good things about Verona)
Oct 11 : Travel from Florence OR Verona to Cinque Terre
Oct 12 : Travel from Cinque Terre to Venice
Oct 16 : Depart Venice (7AM)
So what's the verdict? Too much? Should we skip the trek south from Rome altogehter and just enjoy the north of Italy? Or is it possibly a good itinerary provided we don't mind being "on the go" every other day.
And, while we're here - anyone have a restaurant recommendation in any of these places they'd like to throw out there? : )
First Trip to Italy (going this weekend!)
To whom it may concern:
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Grad Schools in London?
- 2 Tips on renting a car in Oxford
- 3 Any last things i might need to know for our trip??
- 4 May in southern Italy--Sorrento/Capri and Puglia
- 5 Florence Opera
- 6 30 male travelling alone for first time to central london.
- 7 Latest Itinerary
- 8 Day trips from Bologna
- 9 Day trips from Bologna
- 10 Our Eastern Europe trip is at hand - I could use some hotel suggestions.
- 11 spain
- 12 Venice (Somewhere) and Trieste (Nowhere)—With a Bit of Slovenia In Between
- 13 Where to rent a house for 1 or 2 months during summer in Europe
- 14 7 days in London in Dec with family
- 15 Brussels / 2 nights / looking for insider tips
- 16 need advise on first time travel to Europe
- 17 Scandinavian tour - first time!
- 18 Car Rentals in Ireland - the devil is in the small print!
- 19 9 Day Spain Itinerary (Barcelona - Seville - Madrid)
- 20 Stockholm/Copenhagen/Norway?
- 21 Vacation in Spain ,Madrid-Sevilla-Cadiz-!Cordova-Lisboa
- 22 Mosel Valley Base - NOT Rhine Valley Base
- 23 Best area to stay in Dublin for someone in a wheelchair
- 24 Cruise stop at Livirono (Florence/Pisa)
- 25 How are Asians perceived in the Netherlands and Norway?