To whom it may concern:
My girlfriend and I are going to be in Italy (landing on Oct 1st in Rome, departing Oct 16 from Venice, giving us 14 full days in between). We are very flexible in terms of where we stay (i.e. we are not picky, and will likely stay in many hostels) and in fact the only accommodations we have booked are the first 4 nights in Rome. We love outdoor activities as well, and the Cinque Terre hike is a must on this trip.
So, I'm just going to throw out an itinerary and see if I could get some feedback from the crowd (note as well that we plan to do all travelling by train with a possible trip in a ferry/water taxi in there somewhere, but definitley not by car):
Oct 1 : Arrive in Rome (10PM)
Oct 5 : Rome to Sorrento
Oct 8 : Travel from Sorrento to Florence OR Verona (heard good things about Verona)
Oct 11 : Travel from Florence OR Verona to Cinque Terre
Oct 12 : Travel from Cinque Terre to Venice
Oct 16 : Depart Venice (7AM)
So what's the verdict? Too much? Should we skip the trek south from Rome altogehter and just enjoy the north of Italy? Or is it possibly a good itinerary provided we don't mind being "on the go" every other day.
And, while we're here - anyone have a restaurant recommendation in any of these places they'd like to throw out there? : )
First Trip to Italy (going this weekend!)
To whom it may concern:
- 1 10 day honeymoon in Italy in Nov
- 2 Spain Pyrenees overnight stopover Help needed with route?
- 3 Slovenia/Northern Croatia in mid-August - hotel and other advice?
- 4 Balkans in 4 weeks - Feasible itinerary?
- 5 Netherland -> belgium -> Germany (Rhine Valley)
- 6 UK in the Fall: Trip Suggestions
- 7 Travel witha bike between Ventimiglia and Genova
- 8 Where to eat and visit in Barcelona + Venice June 2013
- 9 In Nice solo between June 17 - 22 anyone else going to be there?
- 10 Itinerary suggestions please: Munich, Ortisei and ???
- 11 Air show in Paris, what to expect
- 12 London Itinerary Advice 6-10 September
- 13 CIE Tours of Ireland - any opinions?
- 14 2 days in Frankfurt - where to stay -what to do - or straight to Paris
- 15 Tales from Venice, Bologna, Pienza and Rome
- 16 Flying from New York City to Cinque Terre, Italy
- 17 Last monte Paris apartment
- 18 MILAN BUS STATION / MILAN CENTRALE RR - Correct Station?
- 19 Which tour company would be best?
- 20 Britain Ireland and Scotland Tours
- 21 CIE TOURS? or Any other suggestions?
- 22 any recommended guides for Krakow area?
- 23 Local Living Rome- G adventures
- 24 Travel tip- Florence to nice
- 25 Germany student visa to tourist visa