To whom it may concern:
My girlfriend and I are going to be in Italy (landing on Oct 1st in Rome, departing Oct 16 from Venice, giving us 14 full days in between). We are very flexible in terms of where we stay (i.e. we are not picky, and will likely stay in many hostels) and in fact the only accommodations we have booked are the first 4 nights in Rome. We love outdoor activities as well, and the Cinque Terre hike is a must on this trip.
So, I'm just going to throw out an itinerary and see if I could get some feedback from the crowd (note as well that we plan to do all travelling by train with a possible trip in a ferry/water taxi in there somewhere, but definitley not by car):
Oct 1 : Arrive in Rome (10PM)
Oct 5 : Rome to Sorrento
Oct 8 : Travel from Sorrento to Florence OR Verona (heard good things about Verona)
Oct 11 : Travel from Florence OR Verona to Cinque Terre
Oct 12 : Travel from Cinque Terre to Venice
Oct 16 : Depart Venice (7AM)
So what's the verdict? Too much? Should we skip the trek south from Rome altogehter and just enjoy the north of Italy? Or is it possibly a good itinerary provided we don't mind being "on the go" every other day.
And, while we're here - anyone have a restaurant recommendation in any of these places they'd like to throw out there? : )
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Early planning for Scotland. Itinerary thoughts?
- 2 Southern Spain Recs for Honeymooners?
- 3 Sicily car rental: pickup, drop off, and size
- 4 Please help with transportation suggestions in Belgium
- 5 Visiting Turkey for Fun and Adventure, Oasis or Chaos
- 6 Itinerary Help For Switzerland And Lakes Region Of Italy
- 7 Ireland Itinerary Help
- 8 Can't we Fodorites be kinder in our responses, especially to new posters?
- 9 14 days in Europe: Paris, Venice, Florence, Cinque Terre, Rome
- 10 Scotland Advise: Isle of Skye or Glen Coe
- 11 Planning Europe itinerary
- 12 Alhambra night tour tickets question / Seville Alcazar night tour
- 13 Spain student visa/ travel questions
- 14 Driving in Sicily: Help!
- 15 10 days in eastern Sicily - itinerary help needed
- 16 Path of the gods.
- 17 2 Week Euro Solo Trip - UK, Paris, Brussels
- 18 Sicily in 4 days
- 19 Munich, Germany
- 20 Cordoba or Granada?
- 21 where to stay (and how long), what to see around Nuremberg
- 22 Undiscovered Places in Paris
- 23 Southern Spain or Sicily in early to mid March
- 24 Review of the Jhieronimus Bosch ehibition
- 25 Cornwall to Edinburgh in 25 days ????
To whom it may concern: