To whom it may concern:
My girlfriend and I are going to be in Italy (landing on Oct 1st in Rome, departing Oct 16 from Venice, giving us 14 full days in between). We are very flexible in terms of where we stay (i.e. we are not picky, and will likely stay in many hostels) and in fact the only accommodations we have booked are the first 4 nights in Rome. We love outdoor activities as well, and the Cinque Terre hike is a must on this trip.
So, I'm just going to throw out an itinerary and see if I could get some feedback from the crowd (note as well that we plan to do all travelling by train with a possible trip in a ferry/water taxi in there somewhere, but definitley not by car):
Oct 1 : Arrive in Rome (10PM)
Oct 5 : Rome to Sorrento
Oct 8 : Travel from Sorrento to Florence OR Verona (heard good things about Verona)
Oct 11 : Travel from Florence OR Verona to Cinque Terre
Oct 12 : Travel from Cinque Terre to Venice
Oct 16 : Depart Venice (7AM)
So what's the verdict? Too much? Should we skip the trek south from Rome altogehter and just enjoy the north of Italy? Or is it possibly a good itinerary provided we don't mind being "on the go" every other day.
And, while we're here - anyone have a restaurant recommendation in any of these places they'd like to throw out there? : )
First Trip to Italy (going this weekend!)
To whom it may concern:
- 1 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 2 Cycling and wine-tasting through Italy, Slovenia and Croatia
- 3 Wake up...all fodor posters who are so helpful...
- 4 Where to stay in Copenhagen
- 5 Planning 4 nights S / SE of London for my parents in their late 60s
- 6 How to get from airport to Venice city
- 7 Belgium/Holland OR Paris/Strasbourg/Lucern
- 8 Advises for trip to Russia
- 9 First timer! Trip to London over New Year's next year!
- 10 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann in Paris
- 11 Frankfurt to Bamberg day trip - train ticket question
- 12 Europe with young teens
- 13 First time traveler to Ireland
- 14 Scotland this summer - some initial planning questions
- 15 Salamanca, Barcelona, o Valencia?
- 16 Belgium/Holland or Germany: Please help!
- 17 Euro Train
- 18 Alps/countryside off the beaten path suggestion - daytrip near Zurich
- 19 Mad Dash Across Too Much - Rome
- 20 Prague - must see
- 21 Question-- York & North York Moors
- 22 "It Will Rain Tomorrow." England Weathers The MaiTai Four.
- 23 Restaurant reservations Rome, Tuscany, Venice
- 24 Castle "ruins" Tirol, Austria, Bavaria, Switzerland ?
- 25 Getting to Gatwick and home again