To whom it may concern:
My girlfriend and I are going to be in Italy (landing on Oct 1st in Rome, departing Oct 16 from Venice, giving us 14 full days in between). We are very flexible in terms of where we stay (i.e. we are not picky, and will likely stay in many hostels) and in fact the only accommodations we have booked are the first 4 nights in Rome. We love outdoor activities as well, and the Cinque Terre hike is a must on this trip.
So, I'm just going to throw out an itinerary and see if I could get some feedback from the crowd (note as well that we plan to do all travelling by train with a possible trip in a ferry/water taxi in there somewhere, but definitley not by car):
Oct 1 : Arrive in Rome (10PM)
Oct 5 : Rome to Sorrento
Oct 8 : Travel from Sorrento to Florence OR Verona (heard good things about Verona)
Oct 11 : Travel from Florence OR Verona to Cinque Terre
Oct 12 : Travel from Cinque Terre to Venice
Oct 16 : Depart Venice (7AM)
So what's the verdict? Too much? Should we skip the trek south from Rome altogehter and just enjoy the north of Italy? Or is it possibly a good itinerary provided we don't mind being "on the go" every other day.
And, while we're here - anyone have a restaurant recommendation in any of these places they'd like to throw out there? : )
First Trip to Italy (going this weekend!)
To whom it may concern:
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Palm Sunday in Paris
- 2 Questions on Ferry from Bodrum to Rhodes
- 3 Champagne, Chocolates and Christmas, but no Chanel - Paris and Alsace
- 4 What Champagne House in Reims or Epernay for a day visit?
- 5 Venice to Wegen Switerzerland-suggestion for overnight near lake como
- 6 renting a car in Germany
- 7 Prague, Austria and Germany in 17 days
- 8 Mont St Michel
- 9 Tickets to Sagrada Familia
- 10 Will I be able to add minutes to the phone I bought in Spain 3 years ago?
- 11 Paris in April?
- 12 Apartment and Area to Stay in Istanbul
- 13 Vienna - stay near train station or Innere Stadt?
- 14 Hair Straightener for Europe!
- 15 York, Lakes District in early May good choice? Or Elsewhere?
- 16 Trip to Italy - please weigh in with suggestions and tips!!
- 17 Any suggestions for accomodations in Venice Italy mid June?
- 18 Bergamo/Bellagio - suggestions?
- 19 London hotel
- 20 30 Days in Europe - 29 y/o male
- 21 Transportation from Peisey Vallandry to Paris
- 22 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014
- 23 Day trip from London to Paris
- 24 Prague 3 nights - Top 10 things to do
- 25 Nuremburg and Bamberg from Munich