I am planning my first trip to Italy next year with some of my friends and I am having some questions in order to plan it right
so first of all will it be better to travel there in September or October? I have heard both are good but I want to know from people who lives there or who traveled there before which is the best time
and also, if there is a time when there are promotions and sales it will be much better
second my plan is to go to Rome, Venice and Florence
how much time should I take in each city, knowing that I won't have more than a week vacation.
third how can I travel between these cities?
train or bus is better? and can i know where to reserve the tickets or how to find the stops and stations there? an average price if it is possible?
fourth hotels recommendations will be perfect, as we want something that is not very expensive in the same time in downtown or near the city center, hostels and inns will be good as well.
lastly, where I can shop that is not expensive and it shouldn't necessarily be a place for malls and famous brands?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Train in Switzerland from Basel to Zermatt to Zurich
- 2 One night in Rome
- 3 Greece Itinerary Jun-Jul 2017
- 4 Trip to Rome
- 5 Places to cover in Switzerland in 8-9 days & then 5-6 days in Austria
- 6 How early in the spring to visit London & England?
- 7 European Travel & Trivia Quiz #162
- 8 Itinerary Paris to Dordogne +/- Loire??
- 9 16 Days in Scotland in May with Our Two Boys
- 10 Parma/strasbourg or frankfurt???
- 11 Do you travel with linen clothes?
- 12 Moving Around Amalfi without a car
- 13 Scottish Heritage Pass v. Explorer Pass
- 14 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 15 Provence best farmstays!!??
- 16 Itinerary review from a overplanner
- 17 Houses, Gardens & Walking in England
- 18 Corpus Christi in Toledo?
- 19 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 20 Imbros Gorge
- 21 Help needed/wanted to central/east Europe
- 22 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 23 Bus from Budva to Kotor
- 24 Souvenirs to collect while backpacking?
- 25 Springtime (Hopefully) in Copenhagen