I am studying abroad in Oxford in late June-July, and was planning to take a 10 trip in Italy beforehand. I was thinking of ending the trip in Milan (or surrounding areas) and taking the train up to Paris and then on to London. I thought this would provide an opportunity to see the French countryside, but if it becomes too cost-restrictive I would consider flying.
I am an American in my mid 20s, traveling alone, and enjoy exploring cities/towns focusing on culture, nature, and food. This will be my first trip to Italy, and Europe as a whole.
Right now, I am having trouble deciding on several factors. I am on a pretty strict budget (less than $1500). In regards to lodging, the only expensive regions I have encountered is Amalfi, and to a lesser extent Florence. I found a pretty cheap spot on Lake Como.
1.) Is it worth going to the Amalfi Coast and Lake Como? Would you suggest both or just one given the short time of my trip? If just one, which?
2.) Do you think three destinations is too much for 10 days? Here are some proposed itineraries I am considering:
Amalfi- Rome or Florence - Lake Como (3 nights each)
Florence - Venice - Lake Como (3 nights each)
Or combinations of only 2 of any of the above.
Sorry for the long post and thank you to anyone who is able to provide advice! One more note- I am not overly concerned with hitting all the major cities and sites. I plan to return one day for a more thorough trip, and am now leaning towards a more laid back authentic Italian vacation.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Following the Canadian Liberation Route in the Netherlands
- 2 Seat Assignments on TGV train from Paris to Avignon
- 3 아달 www.adal.ml 파주오피 파주건마 파주휴게텔 파주마사지 파주키스방
- 4 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 5 Weighing hand luggage at CDG security now
- 6 "Never Mind"
- 7 Organizing our 8 day Roman visit
- 8 Paris Skip the Lines deals ...
- 9 Best way to get to Kinderdijk in April
- 10 Paris with a toddler and a baby
- 11 Via del Sale, Italy
- 12 8ish days Zurich to Como...
- 13 Route/guide book request for Italy
- 14 Nafplio to Hydra
- 15 Southern Croatia and side trips itinerary recommendations
- 16 Visa Free Entry To Spain
- 17 Daytime flights - US East Coast to Paris?
- 18 2 WEEK EUROPE ITINERARY
- 19 Portugal and Spain itinerary help!
- 20 Prague itinerary advice
- 21 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 22 Trump alleged to be "keen" for US to join Commonwealth
- 23 Path of the Gods / Amalfi coast
- 24 Italian lakes
- 25 3 nights Santorini suggestions with a child- is akrotiri a good location?