My husband and I just decided to go to Greece in early October (leave on the 4th, come back on the 12th) and I would like to book the flights as soon as possible so I'm overwhelmed with which islands to choose! I don't want to eat up a lot of time traveling, but also don't want to stick around the Athens area because it's convenient. I know nothing about Greece and am just starting to research it, but I wanted to get your advice about itinerary ideas! I was thinking 3 or 4 days in Athens, then the rest of the time at islands? Again, I know nothing about Greece YET! I do know that I (probably) would like to see Santorini despite the crowds, but Mykonos is not appealing.
We are in our mid-twenties, love traveling and have been to Venice (loved!), Rome, Tuscany (didn't love), Amsterdam, Paris, San Sebastian (loved!), Barcelona, Seville, and Granada.
Our favorite things to do on vacation are eating, drinking, sightseeing, history, and walking tours. We are generally active on vacation with but want to have time to relax on a beach as well.
What do you recommend based on travel times between islands? There's so many islands that I', overwhelmed and don't know where to start! Thank you in advance! And yes, I will be getting guidebooks!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Rome -- The next time around
- 2 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 3 Need help with ideas for stopover location
- 4 Uber vs. TfL
- 5 Bordeaux: north side parking, then public transport to the center?
- 6 Whathello Paris
- 7 A quick visit to Hampton Court
- 8 Granada in April; add Malaga?
- 9 Bordeaux to Nice
- 10 Multiplug, Surge Protector needed?
- 11 Ideas for weekend trips from Aachen
- 12 Possible French strike on 9/21
- 13 Athens Help
- 14 Trains in Italy
- 15 Transport for local Venice travel
- 16 Where??-2 night trip from London
- 17 Crete Holiday
- 18 Christmas in Italy
- 19 Supplements in Carry on bag
- 20 "Too Much Cows"
- 21 Austria & Switzerland- winter or summer!
- 22 Thinking about the Fjords
- 23 Maximizing Relaxation, Minimizing Hassles
- 24 Rome to Venice
- 25 Alitala