My husband and I just decided to go to Greece in early October (leave on the 4th, come back on the 12th) and I would like to book the flights as soon as possible so I'm overwhelmed with which islands to choose! I don't want to eat up a lot of time traveling, but also don't want to stick around the Athens area because it's convenient. I know nothing about Greece and am just starting to research it, but I wanted to get your advice about itinerary ideas! I was thinking 3 or 4 days in Athens, then the rest of the time at islands? Again, I know nothing about Greece YET! I do know that I (probably) would like to see Santorini despite the crowds, but Mykonos is not appealing.
We are in our mid-twenties, love traveling and have been to Venice (loved!), Rome, Tuscany (didn't love), Amsterdam, Paris, San Sebastian (loved!), Barcelona, Seville, and Granada.
Our favorite things to do on vacation are eating, drinking, sightseeing, history, and walking tours. We are generally active on vacation with but want to have time to relax on a beach as well.
What do you recommend based on travel times between islands? There's so many islands that I', overwhelmed and don't know where to start! Thank you in advance! And yes, I will be getting guidebooks!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Whathello Paris
- 2 One free day in Barcelona
- 3 Maybe your worst nighmare...
- 4 Maximizing Relaxation, Minimizing Hassles
- 5 Multiplug, Surge Protector needed?
- 6 London and Paris - 3 days each
- 7 Letter from the Belgian Embassy
- 8 Aix-en-Provence for a day
- 9 Arrival in Berlin on Christmas Day?
- 10 Can I buy a Sim card at FCO? Terminal 3
- 11 Austria & Switzerland- winter or summer!
- 12 Bordeaux to Nice
- 13 Travel in Europe
- 14 Help me decide which major city to cut based on time of year.
- 15 Possible French strike on 9/21
- 16 Supplements in Carry on bag
- 17 sylvenstein road in Bavaria
- 18 Athens Help
- 19 Crete Holiday
- 20 Driving from Culzean Castle to Bamburgh
- 21 Rome to Venice
- 22 Roman (and Florentine, Venetian) Holiday with la Principessa
- 23 November in Rome
- 24 Rouen or Rennes to pick up Rental Car
- 25 Granada in April; add Malaga?