This is my first time here and after lurking/reading, thought I'd throw a few questions out there for expereinced European travelers.
My boyfriend and I are planning our first trip to Europe next May for 14 days. We would like to fly into Paris for 3 nights/4 days then fly to Rome for the remainder of the trip, as Italy holds a deeper interest for both of us.
1. Would it be more cost efficent to fly out of JFK (or a more northeastern airport) than Atlanta?
2. Any advice regarding airlines? i.e. certain routes to avoid, etc.
3. Best transportation from CDG to arrondissment 4? (I apologize if I just butchered the grammar)
4. Any "can't miss" spots in Paris besides the usual tourist attractions?
5. Recommendations for a good happy hour away from the tourists?
6. What is the most efficent way to get from Paris to Rome?
7. Any "can't miss" spots in Rome besides the usual tourist attractions?
8. Suggestions for keeping food/drink costs down.
I thank everyone in advance for their suggestions!!!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Versailles
- 2 Bridging the gap between US and Europe
- 3 Tours of Versailles, Lyon
- 4 FOCUS ON FRANCE: Paris and South of France
- 5 Christmas windows in Paris 2016
- 6 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 7 Lofoten, Norway Trip Report
- 8 How to best reach the Lofoten Islands from Oslo, Norway? (four day trip)
- 9 Please help allocate time in Lofoten and Bergen area
- 10 Dolomites for 6 nights
- 11 LISBON FOOD NOTES Fall, 2016
- 12 Paris to Orly Airport Public Transport
- 13 Meteora for older folk
- 14 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 15 4 Days in Amalfi in April - Without a car??
- 16 Scandinavia - By land or by sea?
- 17 Athens
- 18 Hotels for 6 25 year old guys - Paris and London
- 19 Article on assistance for US citizens with difficulties abroad
- 20 Are St. Chapelle concerts just for tourists?
- 21 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 22 Germany train help!
- 23 Spain in July
- 24 Renaissance Paris Vendome
- 25 Liverpool & Beatles port tour