This is my first time here and after lurking/reading, thought I'd throw a few questions out there for expereinced European travelers.
My boyfriend and I are planning our first trip to Europe next May for 14 days. We would like to fly into Paris for 3 nights/4 days then fly to Rome for the remainder of the trip, as Italy holds a deeper interest for both of us.
1. Would it be more cost efficent to fly out of JFK (or a more northeastern airport) than Atlanta?
2. Any advice regarding airlines? i.e. certain routes to avoid, etc.
3. Best transportation from CDG to arrondissment 4? (I apologize if I just butchered the grammar)
4. Any "can't miss" spots in Paris besides the usual tourist attractions?
5. Recommendations for a good happy hour away from the tourists?
6. What is the most efficent way to get from Paris to Rome?
7. Any "can't miss" spots in Rome besides the usual tourist attractions?
8. Suggestions for keeping food/drink costs down.
I thank everyone in advance for their suggestions!!!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 SPANISH MUSEUMS
- 2 Tour Recommendations Venice, Florence, Rom
- 3 Cheltenham or Moreton-in-Marsh?
- 4 Road Trip through Peloponnese
- 5 Dining with the writers
- 6 16 days loop Venice to Venice
- 7 Paris hotel and neighborhood help
- 8 Buying Louis Vuitton Handbag
- 9 Can't we Fodorites be kinder in our responses, especially to new posters?
- 10 Venice Restaurant on Easter Sunday?
- 11 Best places to shop for leather handbags in Florence
- 12 where to get a cheaper Louis Vuitton bags and wallets
- 13 Planning roundtrip Greece
- 14 Barcelona>Andalusia>Madrid...8 days with a pre-schooler
- 15 Need help with 2.5 days Rome itinerary
- 16 5 days in France or Italian Rivera
- 17 2 weeks in Prague
- 18 Late August Trip to Northern Italy
- 19 Public Transportation in Vienna: Borderline Organized Crime
- 20 FIRST TIME VISIT TO SWITZERLAND
- 21 York - Time for tea!
- 22 Amalfi or Positano
- 23 14 days in Europe: Paris, Venice, Florence, Cinque Terre, Rome
- 24 Touring Wales
- 25 Cordoba or Granada?