This is my first time here and after lurking/reading, thought I'd throw a few questions out there for expereinced European travelers.
My boyfriend and I are planning our first trip to Europe next May for 14 days. We would like to fly into Paris for 3 nights/4 days then fly to Rome for the remainder of the trip, as Italy holds a deeper interest for both of us.
1. Would it be more cost efficent to fly out of JFK (or a more northeastern airport) than Atlanta?
2. Any advice regarding airlines? i.e. certain routes to avoid, etc.
3. Best transportation from CDG to arrondissment 4? (I apologize if I just butchered the grammar)
4. Any "can't miss" spots in Paris besides the usual tourist attractions?
5. Recommendations for a good happy hour away from the tourists?
6. What is the most efficent way to get from Paris to Rome?
7. Any "can't miss" spots in Rome besides the usual tourist attractions?
8. Suggestions for keeping food/drink costs down.
I thank everyone in advance for their suggestions!!!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 2 Champs Elysee: worth an afternoon or too tacky?
- 3 Croatia, Slovenia & Bosnia Itinerary Feedback
- 4 Bus Nice Airport to Frejus
- 5 Day trips from milano and torino december 2017
- 6 CENAZ airport shuttle - Prague?
- 7 Paris to Bordeaux
- 8 Paris and England, 14 days on the ground
- 9 What's the hotel policy regarding bringing in guests to your room?
- 10 Andalucia Spain
- 11 Coastal daytrip from Dartmoor Park
- 12 What's it like staying in a big agriturismo-like complex?
- 13 Best boutique hotel in London for honeymoon
- 14 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 15 Anyone have a pocket wifi for international travel?
- 16 Bastille Day Fireworks, Paris
- 17 8 days in Ireland -- where to go??!!
- 18 Barcelona - places to stay
- 19 My delightful sampling of Switzerland’s gems, with many thanks
- 20 2 days in Amsterdam after river cruise
- 21 Christmas Markets 2017
- 22 Language to use in Belgium
- 23 Private Ephesus Tour Companies
- 24 Istanbul at Easter
- 25 Palermo Apartment