This is my first time here and after lurking/reading, thought I'd throw a few questions out there for expereinced European travelers.
My boyfriend and I are planning our first trip to Europe next May for 14 days. We would like to fly into Paris for 3 nights/4 days then fly to Rome for the remainder of the trip, as Italy holds a deeper interest for both of us.
1. Would it be more cost efficent to fly out of JFK (or a more northeastern airport) than Atlanta?
2. Any advice regarding airlines? i.e. certain routes to avoid, etc.
3. Best transportation from CDG to arrondissment 4? (I apologize if I just butchered the grammar)
4. Any "can't miss" spots in Paris besides the usual tourist attractions?
5. Recommendations for a good happy hour away from the tourists?
6. What is the most efficent way to get from Paris to Rome?
7. Any "can't miss" spots in Rome besides the usual tourist attractions?
8. Suggestions for keeping food/drink costs down.
I thank everyone in advance for their suggestions!!!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Burgundy or Languedoc-Rousillon
- 2 16 days in France and Italy
- 3 Couscous
- 4 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz - Memorial Day Special
- 5 Avoid Europcar!
- 6 A couple last minute questions before my first trip to Barcelona
- 7 [Needed Recs] Cheap, widely available, good wine in Italy?
- 8 Do I need a Swiss rail pass?
- 9 Scotland - We're Here!
- 10 Please Help! Day Trips to Bern, Thun, Castles, and MORE!
- 11 Southern Italy Help - Part 2
- 12 Ideas for change in our Italian itinerary please
- 13 Paris for children
- 14 3 weeks with Kids - Austria Itinerary help
- 15 European Vacation 2017
- 16 Spain itinerary and railway advise
- 17 Should We Go to the French Riviera in August?
- 18 Naples + Walking Tour
- 19 Day Trip Suggestions from Munich
- 20 Changing Planes at Fiumicino
- 21 Fueled by gluten, caffeine, and alcohol - two weeks in France
- 22 A week all around Sicily - May 2017
- 23 One July night in Verona - help!
- 24 London in September
- 25 Cash in Greece ATMs