This is my first time here and after lurking/reading, thought I'd throw a few questions out there for expereinced European travelers.
My boyfriend and I are planning our first trip to Europe next May for 14 days. We would like to fly into Paris for 3 nights/4 days then fly to Rome for the remainder of the trip, as Italy holds a deeper interest for both of us.
1. Would it be more cost efficent to fly out of JFK (or a more northeastern airport) than Atlanta?
2. Any advice regarding airlines? i.e. certain routes to avoid, etc.
3. Best transportation from CDG to arrondissment 4? (I apologize if I just butchered the grammar)
4. Any "can't miss" spots in Paris besides the usual tourist attractions?
5. Recommendations for a good happy hour away from the tourists?
6. What is the most efficent way to get from Paris to Rome?
7. Any "can't miss" spots in Rome besides the usual tourist attractions?
8. Suggestions for keeping food/drink costs down.
I thank everyone in advance for their suggestions!!!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Luggage on trains/security?
- 2 Family vacation near Amsterdam
- 3 The DCC scam is spreading
- 4 What clothes?
- 5 who Ina and her husband have made living wills
- 6 Wanted: Clever Travel Tips!
- 7 Scotland Question
- 8 London dining service charge
- 9 Guarda ->Zurich, Luzern->Ascona
- 10 Spain.. suggestions please
- 11 Vienna - Site seeing help
- 12 the reality that it helps
- 13 How hard (for an American) to drive in Yorkshire?
- 14 Venice to Positano
- 15 Once in a life time 3 month Europe Trip
- 16 I'm Croatian, ask me anything!
- 17 Hotels in Galway, Ennis? Also Car Rental Suggestions Wanted
- 18 London Paris
- 19 Transportation from Budapest to Krakow
- 20 Driving Tour - Bari to Bologna
- 21 One week in Sicily - Taormina, Ortigia, Agrigento & Palermo
- 22 Minimum connect time Istanbul Ataturk airport
- 23 Top Tourist Mob Scenes in Europe
- 24 Scandinavia????
- 25 GPS vs Google Maps