This is my first time here and after lurking/reading, thought I'd throw a few questions out there for expereinced European travelers.
My boyfriend and I are planning our first trip to Europe next May for 14 days. We would like to fly into Paris for 3 nights/4 days then fly to Rome for the remainder of the trip, as Italy holds a deeper interest for both of us.
1. Would it be more cost efficent to fly out of JFK (or a more northeastern airport) than Atlanta?
2. Any advice regarding airlines? i.e. certain routes to avoid, etc.
3. Best transportation from CDG to arrondissment 4? (I apologize if I just butchered the grammar)
4. Any "can't miss" spots in Paris besides the usual tourist attractions?
5. Recommendations for a good happy hour away from the tourists?
6. What is the most efficent way to get from Paris to Rome?
7. Any "can't miss" spots in Rome besides the usual tourist attractions?
8. Suggestions for keeping food/drink costs down.
I thank everyone in advance for their suggestions!!!!
First Trip to Europe (Paris and Rome)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Using Euros and Visa Travel Money Debit Card in the Baltics and Russia
- 2 Which European Countries Speak the Most English?
- 3 Venice - guided boat/tour trips in winter?
- 4 Trains in Italy
- 5 South of France November Trip Report
- 6 Rome---August and September
- 7 France, Italy and Greec
- 8 Best luggage for a 7 week trip
- 9 Air pollution in Paris
- 10 Another Trip of Discovery of Feminine Charm with DW and DD the Younger
- 11 Need Some Italy Planning Help
- 12 Dresden or Leipzig
- 13 Olive oil disaster in 2014
- 14 20 days in Germany
- 15 Greece - 3 week trip - requesting input
- 16 Paris for a Week – Looking for a Day Trip Outside the City
- 17 Mr & Mrs Annhig go bummelling round Germany.
- 18 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014
- 19 1 Month Europe (June 2015) with 3 children, ages 6-11
- 20 Backpacking Europe in the Winter
- 21 Barcelona and/or ??? with another family
- 22 Nice or Marseille??
- 23 Final segment: unsolicited advice for first time Portugal travellers
- 24 Christmas Market Battle: Vienna/Salzburg/Munich
- 25 Auto Rental, Frankfurt Airport