I am a 22 year old student from Canada, and have never travelled outside of North America. My boyfriend has never been out of NA either, and we would love to travel to Europe for 4 weeks this summer but have no idea where to start in our planning.
My top places to see are:
Florence, Venice, Rome
Amsterdam and/or Berlin
Is it too much of a stretch to include Santorini in there? It's the #1 place I want to go to, but I will definitely make more trips to Europe in the future, so it's not a total dealbreaker. My #2 place to go to is Italy.
What would be the best order to see these places and how should I travel in between?
Is it also feasible to keep this trip under 5000$ (each person)?
Thank you SO much for any help!!
First trip to Europe -- overwhelmed!
- 1 Mad Dash Across Too Much - Rome
- 2 Novels set in Greece
- 3 Chambermaid tipping
- 4 London for Christmas
- 5 Advice on relocating to Italy?
- 6 Istanbul and Cappadocia in 10 days - trip report
- 7 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 8 Alps/countryside off the beaten path suggestion - daytrip near Zurich
- 9 Greek islands from Turkey
- 10 London's Proposed New Airport...
- 11 Travelling with Alitalia. MIA-FCO-AOI Carry-on or Check-in baggage?
- 12 Help me plan a vacation to Paris!
- 13 Stories from London, France, Italy & more - Trip Report
- 14 Waltz performances in Stadtpark Vienna
- 15 Night trains across Europe--what are the fares?
- 16 Gift/Travel Cards for Spain?
- 17 One more week hardly in Paris: still wandering the Ile de France
- 18 10 Summer days in Spain: Barcelona alone or Madrid too?
- 19 Best option for Dollars to Euros for apartment payment"
- 20 Dresden Train Station
- 21 Italian Lakes gardens
- 22 More help with housing in Puglia
- 23 Spain - Andalucia
- 24 Popping in and out of Ireland
- 25 Eurostar/Raileurope Advance Booking