I am a 22 year old student from Canada, and have never travelled outside of North America. My boyfriend has never been out of NA either, and we would love to travel to Europe for 4 weeks this summer but have no idea where to start in our planning.
My top places to see are:
Florence, Venice, Rome
Amsterdam and/or Berlin
Is it too much of a stretch to include Santorini in there? It's the #1 place I want to go to, but I will definitely make more trips to Europe in the future, so it's not a total dealbreaker. My #2 place to go to is Italy.
What would be the best order to see these places and how should I travel in between?
Is it also feasible to keep this trip under 5000$ (each person)?
Thank you SO much for any help!!
First trip to Europe -- overwhelmed!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 flea markets in France
- 2 American electrical gadgets
- 3 Monet in Normandy
- 4 Interesting markets to visit in Paris
- 5 Connection - Frankfurt airport to Mannheim HBF to SNCF
- 6 Ten days in Portugal - what are your favorites?
- 7 Piri-Piri, Pastel de Nata and Port…Perfectly Portugal
- 8 London neighborhood suggestions
- 9 seven days in Portugal
- 10 Germany A'dam Belgium Itinerary Help
- 11 Eating in France-two new books
- 12 Is Naxos worthwhile if not planning to spend time on the beach?
- 13 Malmaison - how to get there from Paris
- 14 Spain tips beyond safety
- 15 Lake Como 3 Stretch and 7 Stretch Ferry Tickets
- 16 T-Mobile International Roaming in Europe: a Trip Report
- 17 I need a haircut
- 18 Day trip to Chartres -mini questions
- 19 What to wear
- 20 Croatia: Advice on 6 day itinery
- 21 3 weeks France + north Italy itinerary
- 22 1 week in Croatia
- 23 50 and Fabulous in 2015---need help planning my trip to Amalfi, FINALLY
- 24 High Level 12 day Itinerary for Turkey; Mountain Lovers and Photographer
- 25 Connecting with forum locals in Paris