I am planning to visit Europe for the first time. I have around 2 weeks of time on me. The places which I want to cover are: Italy (Rome, Vatican, Pisa, Florence, Venice), France (Paris, Normandy), and possibly Germany (Berlin).
I am thinking of doing this whole trip on my own, rather than go through some tour package. I want to start with Italy, then head to Berlin (if I am going to Germany), and then head to Paris.
Could you please help with my queries? Would really appreciate some tips as I have never traveled to Europe.
1. I want to spend 3 days in Rome/Vatican, 1 day in Pisa, 2 days in Florence and 1 day in Venice. This is a total of 7 days. This leaves me with more 6 days to travel (keeping 1 day for spare). In Paris, I want to explore the city on my own, taking city tours and historical tours. So, should I include Berlin in this itinerary and shorten my Paris visit?
2. Within Italy, what's the best way to travel between the cities (Rome, Pisa, Florence, Venice)? I have heard about train travel. But I believe bus travel gives you a different perspective. So what about bus travels within Italy?
3. What's the best way to travel within Paris? I plan to visit the famous attractions, and other not so famous places (like streets mentioned in Modiano's novels, the Impressionists tour etc.)
Any additional tips would also be appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 vienna
- 2 Questions about Polish sights
- 3 Itinerary help needed: 10-11 days in Calabria, Siciily, and (maybe) Puglia
- 4 Ireland and Scotland in July
- 5 Bernina Express mid-March
- 6 Ireland travel passport question
- 7 Polish: Enough Indo-European Similarity to Make Picking up Words Easier?
- 8 please help me plan first trip to europe
- 9 Tripcho Travel Guided Tours
- 10 4 days itinerary for France
- 11 Marksburg Castle Transport Question
- 12 where to stay in London?
- 13 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 14 Juangfrau / mt
- 15 Help Planning Seot 2017 Trip to Andalusia
- 16 Trip route from Paris to Venice
- 17 Switzerland
- 18 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 19 Rome, Florence and Venice for each city 2 days
- 20 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 21 10 nights in Umbria before Rome- advice please
- 22 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 23 Railpass or point-to-point tickets
- 24 2 week trip to Lisbon, Porto, Douro, seeking input
- 25 Southern Germany - a base for travel