I am planning to visit Europe for the first time. I have around 2 weeks of time on me. The places which I want to cover are: Italy (Rome, Vatican, Pisa, Florence, Venice), France (Paris, Normandy), and possibly Germany (Berlin).
I am thinking of doing this whole trip on my own, rather than go through some tour package. I want to start with Italy, then head to Berlin (if I am going to Germany), and then head to Paris.
Could you please help with my queries? Would really appreciate some tips as I have never traveled to Europe.
1. I want to spend 3 days in Rome/Vatican, 1 day in Pisa, 2 days in Florence and 1 day in Venice. This is a total of 7 days. This leaves me with more 6 days to travel (keeping 1 day for spare). In Paris, I want to explore the city on my own, taking city tours and historical tours. So, should I include Berlin in this itinerary and shorten my Paris visit?
2. Within Italy, what's the best way to travel between the cities (Rome, Pisa, Florence, Venice)? I have heard about train travel. But I believe bus travel gives you a different perspective. So what about bus travels within Italy?
3. What's the best way to travel within Paris? I plan to visit the famous attractions, and other not so famous places (like streets mentioned in Modiano's novels, the Impressionists tour etc.)
Any additional tips would also be appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 First - but not last - trip to Greece
- 2 Online Site for Alhambra Tickets
- 3 Venice to Zermatt by Train
- 4 OUR 2-WEEK SPANISH JOURNEY: MADRID, TOLEDO, AND ANDALUCIA!
- 5 Destination ideas for 88 year old
- 6 Itinerary between Milan and Venice
- 7 Venice, Florence, Umbria, Rome, AND Amalfi?
- 8 Solo accommodation -- London -- Dec 19-ish
- 9 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 10 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 11 Cyclades w/kids & my ruins-fanatic DH (itin and accommodation advice)
- 12 Ok then, what trip was difficult to organize?
- 13 Arenalullring area Seville?
- 14 Paging @bobthenavigator and others for Amalfi Coast accommodation advice
- 15 Bruges
- 16 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 17 Birthday dinner in Salzburg
- 18 Scotland in 18 nights, smirr and sun and mud!
- 19 Boozing and Bathing in Budapest!
- 20 6 months in Europe itinerary-Countries
- 21 Trip planning to Paris, Lyon, Strasbourg
- 22 Planning A trip
- 23 A week in the Occitanie
- 24 Question about Loire Valley châteaux
- 25 Paris Neighborhood Help