I am planning to visit Europe for the first time. I have around 2 weeks of time on me. The places which I want to cover are: Italy (Rome, Vatican, Pisa, Florence, Venice), France (Paris, Normandy), and possibly Germany (Berlin).
I am thinking of doing this whole trip on my own, rather than go through some tour package. I want to start with Italy, then head to Berlin (if I am going to Germany), and then head to Paris.
Could you please help with my queries? Would really appreciate some tips as I have never traveled to Europe.
1. I want to spend 3 days in Rome/Vatican, 1 day in Pisa, 2 days in Florence and 1 day in Venice. This is a total of 7 days. This leaves me with more 6 days to travel (keeping 1 day for spare). In Paris, I want to explore the city on my own, taking city tours and historical tours. So, should I include Berlin in this itinerary and shorten my Paris visit?
2. Within Italy, what's the best way to travel between the cities (Rome, Pisa, Florence, Venice)? I have heard about train travel. But I believe bus travel gives you a different perspective. So what about bus travels within Italy?
3. What's the best way to travel within Paris? I plan to visit the famous attractions, and other not so famous places (like streets mentioned in Modiano's novels, the Impressionists tour etc.)
Any additional tips would also be appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 바카라설명＼※【KTV200.CoM 】※＼생방송바카라⇔바카라사이트주소
- 2 Kayaking in Avignon
- 3 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 4 10 days Greece in mid-Sept 2017
- 5 Croatia - Help on itinerary
- 6 Comments on Munich, Saltzburg, Lucerne hotels
- 7 best Provence itinerary to see Verdon Gorge
- 8 question on Barcelona itinerary
- 9 Early Itinerary Munich to Croatia
- 10 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 11 10 days in Italy with 5 and 10 year olds in July
- 12 Cordoba Overnight?
- 13 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 14 13 Days with 13-year-olds in Greece
- 15 Fes to Southern Spain (Jerez, Malaga)
- 16 Sintra
- 17 Scotland Trip Report
- 18 Gorges de Verdon to Eze - where to stay along way?
- 19 Barcelona summer 2017 -- brainstorm with me
- 20 Madrid to Northern Spain- 4 days/2 kids. Help w itinerary pls!
- 21 Spain and Portugal - 2 weeks in Mid-July - help with itinerary
- 22 Holy mass with Vienna Boys Choir
- 23 Marseille vs. Genoa
- 24 I have six days in Spain - where should I go?
- 25 Heathrow Terminal 2 - Immigration, Bags & Pick-Up