My sister and I will be touring europe this July and August for 3 weeks. My sister will be joining me for the first half of the trip and for the second half, I will be traveling solo.
This will probably be my first and last trip to Europe due to work and money constraints. Hence i really want to make this a memorable trip, where all the crucial places are included and some scenic side excursions. My sister and I are adrenaline junkies, I love nature and she loves architecture and attending festivals. We are planning on a budget trip.
Currently we will be starting from Amsterdam (2days), Berlin (1and a half day), Innsbruck (1day), Venice (2days), Florence and Rome (3 days) after that my sister will head back and I will continue on for another ten days approximately.
I would really appreciate any suggestions regarding my itinerary and also ideas on my solo travel from Rome back to London. I was thinking maybe to nice and Paris? I'm not sure. Also, it would be great help if you could offer me tips regarding traveling on a budget as well as what luggage to bring. What would be the necessary precautions that I should take as a female traveling alone?
First trip to Europe
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Article about the building of Brunelleschi's dome on the Duomo in Florence
- 2 London day trips, especially castles
- 3 Help with Barcelona Plans Please!
- 4 Owners Direct Rentals?
- 5 Last day in Italy with kids, Bologna or Venice?
- 6 Hotel in Venice
- 7 Madrid or Toledo on May 1st - holiday
- 8 Zurich, Switzerland
- 9 Honeymoon in Greece 10 days : Athen Santorini Crete
- 10 Where can I find a driver for a day around Paris?
- 11 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 12 Ony 3-4 nights in Ortigia, priorities?????????
- 13 Nairn to Edinburgh to home - route and where to stay
- 14 Day trips from Marseille
- 15 Trip to/involving Spain/Provence - preliminary ideas?
- 16 Sicily - Palermo, Cefalu, Taormina, Syracuse, Agrigento
- 17 First Solo Euro Trip -- August 2014
- 18 A drive in Europe
- 19 Sim Card for Data Plan
- 20 Boulevard Saint Germain from start to finish
- 21 Trenitalia has just enabled bookings for summer 2014
- 22 Summarizing my Renfe train ticket before purchase for Madrid to Cordoba
- 23 Day trips
- 24 London tube
- 25 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014