Hello all, I love this site! I've already learned a lot that has helped plan my trip so far. I am in Afghanistan and will be taking a R & R, meeting my two sons in Europe. We've never been to Europe, and only have two weeks so its been hard to decide where to go. We're traveling from May 16-May 31, my sons are 23 and 29- the 29 yr old will be traveling with his girlfriend and meet us in Rome, so much of the trip will be me and my 23 yr old son. Rome is definitely on the itinerary. I was going to then do Venice- Florence- Rome, traveling by train, including Tuscany from Florence and Pompeii from Rome. But never traveling to Europe, I also wanted to do Paris . So now I am thinking about doing Paris-Venice-Rome, flying from Paris to Venice then take train to Rome. It would give us 5 days in each place, maybe I would do 3-4 in Venice and spend extra days in Paris or Rome. I am thinking this may be more interesting for my son than the time in Florence and Tuscany. Would love to fit in something coastal but don't know how, maybe Venice will satisfy my love for the water. Comments or suggestions for a first time European traveler?
First trip to Europe
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Bologna tips
- 2 Transportation from Nice to Florence
- 3 Edinburgh - outings?
- 4 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 5 London and Where Else in late December?
- 6 Spain - Cadaques to Girona
- 7 How much time did -you- spend in Delphi and Olympia?
- 8 plug adaptors for Switzerland
- 9 What to wear
- 10 Scotland: Scone Game Day vs St. Andrews?
- 11 avoiding stuffy and inflexible service at nice european resorts
- 12 Spain, France, Netherlands with 18, 19 yo grandsons
- 13 What can we do with 4 hours in Paris layover
- 14 2 Weeks in Italy - In Less than 2 Weeks!
- 15 50 and Fabulous in 2015---need help planning my trip to Amalfi, FINALLY
- 16 Couples trip- 18 nights-Itinerary Help
- 17 Madrid and London
- 18 Tour Guide in Budapest
- 19 Planning for Italy trip with a two-year old
- 20 Luggage on train from Waterloo to Southampton
- 21 Electronic plug adapter for Italy
- 22 Bologna airport to train to Florence
- 23 Gargano Promontory
- 24 London neighborhood suggestions
- 25 Can you see the Matterhorn at all from Bellinzona Switzerland?