Hello all, I love this site! I've already learned a lot that has helped plan my trip so far. I am in Afghanistan and will be taking a R & R, meeting my two sons in Europe. We've never been to Europe, and only have two weeks so its been hard to decide where to go. We're traveling from May 16-May 31, my sons are 23 and 29- the 29 yr old will be traveling with his girlfriend and meet us in Rome, so much of the trip will be me and my 23 yr old son. Rome is definitely on the itinerary. I was going to then do Venice- Florence- Rome, traveling by train, including Tuscany from Florence and Pompeii from Rome. But never traveling to Europe, I also wanted to do Paris . So now I am thinking about doing Paris-Venice-Rome, flying from Paris to Venice then take train to Rome. It would give us 5 days in each place, maybe I would do 3-4 in Venice and spend extra days in Paris or Rome. I am thinking this may be more interesting for my son than the time in Florence and Tuscany. Would love to fit in something coastal but don't know how, maybe Venice will satisfy my love for the water. Comments or suggestions for a first time European traveler?
First trip to Europe
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 First time touring Europe
- 2 Athens to Delphi and Meteora, better off driving or tour bus?
- 3 big family in Ireland
- 4 Barcelona & Mallorca: Bon Dia
- 5 An Elegant Caribbean Treasure Wedding Decor Theme
- 6 Debit card with 6 digit pin
- 7 Ireland: Need help deciding about maps and SIM card
- 8 Rome Fiumicino terminal 2 to terminal 3
- 9 UK for 10 days with 9 and 13 year old
- 10 Istanbul Itinerary
- 11 London - Site List Triage -
- 12 Apartment rental suggestions in Florence and Rome
- 13 Santorini transportation
- 14 How to get from Pula to Ljubljana in the evening at night?
- 15 Day Tours in Croatia, Slovenia that you can recommend?
- 16 Restaurants In Istanbul, Urgup, Ephesus and Alacati
- 17 Need help on best 7 day Istanbul / Cappadocia end of April itinerary
- 18 avoiding stuffy and inflexible service at nice european resorts
- 19 Cheapest, easiest way to get from Ljubljana to Zurich?
- 20 Mephisto Shoes in Paris
- 21 Bus Tours in Scotland???
- 22 London neighborhood suggestions
- 23 Savoring Sicily - A Trip Report
- 24 Restaurants in Spain
- 25 What to wear