Hello all, I love this site! I've already learned a lot that has helped plan my trip so far. I am in Afghanistan and will be taking a R & R, meeting my two sons in Europe. We've never been to Europe, and only have two weeks so its been hard to decide where to go. We're traveling from May 16-May 31, my sons are 23 and 29- the 29 yr old will be traveling with his girlfriend and meet us in Rome, so much of the trip will be me and my 23 yr old son. Rome is definitely on the itinerary. I was going to then do Venice- Florence- Rome, traveling by train, including Tuscany from Florence and Pompeii from Rome. But never traveling to Europe, I also wanted to do Paris . So now I am thinking about doing Paris-Venice-Rome, flying from Paris to Venice then take train to Rome. It would give us 5 days in each place, maybe I would do 3-4 in Venice and spend extra days in Paris or Rome. I am thinking this may be more interesting for my son than the time in Florence and Tuscany. Would love to fit in something coastal but don't know how, maybe Venice will satisfy my love for the water. Comments or suggestions for a first time European traveler?
First trip to Europe
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Venice: budget hotel for high school group?
- 2 Renewing our vows in Venice
- 3 Paris Markets for a 5 Course Meal
- 4 Short trip to Venice, with (some oddball) tours
- 5 Scandinavia and RCL 8 Night Norwegian Fjords Cruise 2015
- 6 How much luggage?????
- 7 Northern Italy for Nature Lovers/Crowd Haters
- 8 10 days to Explore Europe
- 9 RENFE train drivers strike: 12 and 15 September 2014
- 10 How do you organize yourself on vacation?
- 11 Help with a French -> English translation, please
- 12 Any last things i might need to know for our trip??
- 13 Paris: for a family with children, Saint Germain or Le Marais?
- 14 Help finding private transfer from Monte Gordo, Portugal to Seville, Spain
- 15 Help with France itinerary
- 16 Appropriate attire for Provence
- 17 German Rail Twin Pass
- 18 London restaurants
- 19 White Villages base?
- 20 plug adapters ITALY
- 21 Swiss Air seat assignments
- 22 Italy and Switzerland--September/October 2013
- 23 biking in France
- 24 Spain Rental Car Logistics - Barcelona Train Station
- 25 Paris: where does a large family can eat and sleep in February?