This is our very first trip to Europe. We are traveling with another couple and we are all in our mid to late 50's. This is our very first trip to Europe. We need LOTS of advice. We have two days in Rome pre cruise, one day in Amsterdam post cruise and two days in London before we fly home. We could do two days in Amsterdam and one day in London--which would you recommend? We also need recommendations on mid range hotels in London, Amsterdam and Rome, transportation from airports to hotels and best way to travel from Amsterdam to London. We have booked air and cruise. When we get the hotels and all the transportation planned we are hoping to come back for help with the sites. We are from the mid west so public transportation is not something we are very familiar with and somewhat leery of. We have never traveled out of the country before... I don't count Mexico, Canada and the ever popular Caribbean cruise...so we are a little nervous and are hoping all of you travel experts will educate us!!!!
First trip to Europe
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Manchester or Heathrow?
- 2 Venice to Milan train tickets (for August travel) sold out already?
- 3 Florence & Rome Itinerary, hotel, tour co. critique please!
- 4 Three days in Spain
- 5 Monet in Normandy
- 6 London Tube strike scheduled for Apr 28 (2 days) and May 5 (3 days). Help!
- 7 Springtime in Paris with lots of restaurant reviews and a bit of Alsace
- 8 Driving to Paris... Parking?
- 9 Getting from London to Southhampton
- 10 London visit
- 11 Tentative itinerary for Andalucia for April/May 2015
- 12 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 13 Cornwall Trip Addition
- 14 A little help needed for Dordogne area
- 15 Venice canal boats--best deals?
- 16 Train from Barcelona to Madrid
- 17 campsite availability in peak season - Spain/Portgual/France
- 18 3 AM Arrival in Santorini OK?
- 19 West Ireland with 81 year old mother - Pls Review Itinerary
- 20 21 Days in Central Europe
- 21 Rome to Pisa or Bologna to Pisa-Train...Help needed!
- 22 Greece--Crete or Peloponnis?
- 23 Day trip to Rothenberg from Munich
- 24 best time to book accommodation
- 25 Madrid Tapas Tour