This is our very first trip to Europe. We are traveling with another couple and we are all in our mid to late 50's. This is our very first trip to Europe. We need LOTS of advice. We have two days in Rome pre cruise, one day in Amsterdam post cruise and two days in London before we fly home. We could do two days in Amsterdam and one day in London--which would you recommend? We also need recommendations on mid range hotels in London, Amsterdam and Rome, transportation from airports to hotels and best way to travel from Amsterdam to London. We have booked air and cruise. When we get the hotels and all the transportation planned we are hoping to come back for help with the sites. We are from the mid west so public transportation is not something we are very familiar with and somewhat leery of. We have never traveled out of the country before... I don't count Mexico, Canada and the ever popular Caribbean cruise...so we are a little nervous and are hoping all of you travel experts will educate us!!!!
First trip to Europe
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Where to spend two nights relatively near Malpensa? (*but not Milan!)
- 2 Ghent or Paris?
- 3 Venice - boats on canals
- 4 Paris - city hotel with easy access to Paris Nord Villepinte Expo?
- 5 Scandinavian tour - first time!
- 6 How do you organize yourself on vacation?
- 7 Paul Bocuse restaurant in Lyon
- 8 Finalizing plans for September trip - is this doable
- 9 Piedmont - Scenic Drive
- 10 Recommendations for must do Scandinavian itinerary....
- 11 Piedmont to Cinque Terre
- 12 I was (partially) wrong about debit cards vs. cash
- 13 Venice (Somewhere) and Trieste (Nowhere)—With a Bit of Slovenia In Between
- 14 Cambridge to Manchester, UK
- 15 Driving from Rome Airport to Montepulciano -- Toll Question
- 16 Paris-Verona Carry-On Question
- 17 September 2014 - Mykonos, Santorini, Athens!
- 18 Blackpool Lights 2014: Tripping the Lights Fantastic in Northern England!
- 19 Best regions/cities for good walks (not hiking)
- 20 Trekking Poles in the UK...Where to buy
- 21 Christmas trip to Germany, what city?
- 22 Where to go for 3 nights in northern Italy
- 23 Jamikins and Bikerscott Head Back to Le Marche
- 24 Spain Trip Ideas -Critique Welcome
- 25 Which apartment/area in London?