This is our very first trip to Europe. We are traveling with another couple and we are all in our mid to late 50's. This is our very first trip to Europe. We need LOTS of advice. We have two days in Rome pre cruise, one day in Amsterdam post cruise and two days in London before we fly home. We could do two days in Amsterdam and one day in London--which would you recommend? We also need recommendations on mid range hotels in London, Amsterdam and Rome, transportation from airports to hotels and best way to travel from Amsterdam to London. We have booked air and cruise. When we get the hotels and all the transportation planned we are hoping to come back for help with the sites. We are from the mid west so public transportation is not something we are very familiar with and somewhat leery of. We have never traveled out of the country before... I don't count Mexico, Canada and the ever popular Caribbean cruise...so we are a little nervous and are hoping all of you travel experts will educate us!!!!
First trip to Europe
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Truffles, Tajarin & Turin…Two weeks in the Piemonte Region of Italy
- 2 All Set To Go!!
- 3 Accommodations in or near Brussels with parking
- 4 France,Spain,Italy
- 5 Luxury hotel base Positano or Sorrento with 2 teen daughters
- 6 Since Paris is ALWAYS good idea
- 7 London - Paris - Venice - Rome in 21 Days
- 8 Which european city?
- 9 Best places to stay in Bristol?
- 10 Portugal Trip
- 11 Scotland November 2015
- 12 What to do and what to see in Moscow in February?
- 13 Transportation from Athens Airport to Syntagma
- 14 Taxi or Tube from LHR to Gloucester Road Tube?
- 15 2 weeks Bavaria - December 2015
- 16 Copenhagen, Oslo, Bergen, Stockholm
- 17 Adventures in Italy with Momma
- 18 Rail tickets Question: Dusseldorf, Amsterdam, Antwerp
- 19 Hotel or B&B Recommendations for Chamonix, Lyon & Paris
- 20 Five Nights in Budapest: A Quick Winter Getaway
- 21 Luggage storage in Barcelona
- 22 Good time to visit Russia and Norway because of currency crash ?
- 23 Schengen Visa Rules
- 24 England's Ruined Abbeys
- 25 Italy, mid May, 10 days, Rome + another city?