This is our very first trip to Europe. We are traveling with another couple and we are all in our mid to late 50's. This is our very first trip to Europe. We need LOTS of advice. We have two days in Rome pre cruise, one day in Amsterdam post cruise and two days in London before we fly home. We could do two days in Amsterdam and one day in London--which would you recommend? We also need recommendations on mid range hotels in London, Amsterdam and Rome, transportation from airports to hotels and best way to travel from Amsterdam to London. We have booked air and cruise. When we get the hotels and all the transportation planned we are hoping to come back for help with the sites. We are from the mid west so public transportation is not something we are very familiar with and somewhat leery of. We have never traveled out of the country before... I don't count Mexico, Canada and the ever popular Caribbean cruise...so we are a little nervous and are hoping all of you travel experts will educate us!!!!
First trip to Europe
View all Europe activity »
- 1 Budget (or at least Somewhat Inexpensive) Lodging in Bologna
- 2 Rome Accommodation
- 3 USING THE METRO FROM AEROPORT CDG 2 TGV TO Place d'Italie
- 4 Travelling with Alitalia. MIA-FCO-AOI Carry-on or Check-in baggage?
- 5 El Rocio festival, Huelva
- 6 Chambermaid tipping
- 7 Tuscan Agriturismo
- 8 Night trains across Europe--what are the fares?
- 9 2 wk Europe Trip Advice
- 10 Greek islands from Turkey
- 11 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 12 15 Day Europe Trip - Mix of rail and car.. Cost ineffective?
- 13 rent car / Munich
- 14 Advent weekend in Quedlinburg
- 15 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 16 Italian Lakes gardens
- 17 Is there a best time of day to visit the Alhambra?
- 18 Walking shoes for London and Paris
- 19 TGV and Provence questions
- 20 Novels set in Greece
- 21 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 22 To Paris and Provence in June
- 23 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 24 Bavarian Honeymoon Suggestions
- 25 More help with housing in Puglia