This is our very first trip to Europe. We are traveling with another couple and we are all in our mid to late 50's. This is our very first trip to Europe. We need LOTS of advice. We have two days in Rome pre cruise, one day in Amsterdam post cruise and two days in London before we fly home. We could do two days in Amsterdam and one day in London--which would you recommend? We also need recommendations on mid range hotels in London, Amsterdam and Rome, transportation from airports to hotels and best way to travel from Amsterdam to London. We have booked air and cruise. When we get the hotels and all the transportation planned we are hoping to come back for help with the sites. We are from the mid west so public transportation is not something we are very familiar with and somewhat leery of. We have never traveled out of the country before... I don't count Mexico, Canada and the ever popular Caribbean cruise...so we are a little nervous and are hoping all of you travel experts will educate us!!!!
First trip to Europe
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 What are the best places to see in England
- 2 Landscape in Languedoc, in the Herault region ?
- 3 Cute hotel in Venice (San Marco) for around $150USD
- 4 3.5 days in Andalucia
- 5 Transportation in Barcelona
- 6 Southern Spain wth family in 1 week by car
- 7 A little help with our Dordogne itinerary
- 8 Day Trips from Avignon via train/bus
- 9 Spend a year in the Dolomites
- 10 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014
- 11 Help with Barcelona Plans Please!
- 12 Ony 3-4 nights in Ortigia, priorities?????????
- 13 2 Weeks in Italy in early October
- 14 Bordeaux, Burgundy & Paris recommendations
- 15 Budapest 4 nights - Top 10 must do
- 16 Day trip from London to Paris
- 17 Amsterdam Itiniary
- 18 Ste Remy France
- 19 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 20 Europe in 21 days
- 21 collioure to cadaques with Inntravel: advice for flight and travel before
- 22 Boulevard Saint Germain from start to finish
- 23 Six months in France -- how to do it?
- 24 13 days Netherlands, Germany, Austria and Zermatt
- 25 Apartment in Rome - location opinions please