My husband and I are planning to visit Europe in Sept 13 for the very first time. We are in our late twenties and are hoping to get an all round experience - art, architecture, history, museums, scenery etc.
I have trawled through numerous Fodors forums and have come up with a rough itinerary below which takes into account a lot of suggestions re: timeframes etc. I was hoping to visit Spain but decided against it due to the limited time we have.
I want to be in Prague and France during the European Heritage Days which are scheduled for 7-15 Sept (Prague) and 14-15 Sept (Paris), hence my note below about being in Paris over 14-15 Sept. I was also planning to use Paris as a home base and do a number of day trips from there, hence the extended stay.
1. Prague, Czech Republic (4 days)
2. Amsterdam, Netherlands (4 days)
3. Paris, France (6 days) – including 14-15 September
4. Nice, France (2 days)
5. Florence, Italy (3 days)
6. Rome (5 days)
7. Sorrento / Amalfi Coast / Isle of Capri / Pompei (4 days)
I am planning to fly between most destinations. Are there scenic options for travel (for exampl, between Nice and Florence)?
Would it be possible to add another destination by cutting down on the days in Paris, Rome or Sorrento?
I am very new to this forum and would appreciate any recommendations / critiques.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 3 days to spend in europe
- 2 What am I missing: Amsterdam
- 3 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.
- 4 Celebrity Reflection Greek Island Cruise
- 5 4 days in London worth the jetlag?
- 6 Greenland from the Air trip report, photo gallery
- 7 Barcelona completely overrated
- 8 Italy - Car Rental - CDW's and Insurance
- 9 Europe Sim card help
- 10 3 weeks - Helsinki-Tallinn-Riga-Vilnius - Aug/Sept.
- 11 A Vote for Malta: Most Rude.
- 12 Spanish leather -- women's leather vest
- 13 Local markets in Italy
- 14 Tours For Young Professionals Other Than Contiki
- 15 Europe 27 days trip, HELP!
- 16 http://www.trypromusclefit.com/exoslim-garcinia-cambogia/
- 17 Earthquake, so sad for Italy
- 18 Italy, transport from Assiso to Cita di castello
- 19 Guides - Matera
- 20 4 Nights in London - Itinerary Details
- 21 Two weeks in Portugal in October
- 22 England and Wales by public transport
- 23 Buying flowers in London?
- 24 First visit to France/Dordogne
- 25 Amsterdam for 5 days - HELP
First trip to Europe, 1 month in September 2013 - itinerary help