My husband and I are planning to visit Europe in Sept 13 for the very first time. We are in our late twenties and are hoping to get an all round experience - art, architecture, history, museums, scenery etc.
I have trawled through numerous Fodors forums and have come up with a rough itinerary below which takes into account a lot of suggestions re: timeframes etc. I was hoping to visit Spain but decided against it due to the limited time we have.
I want to be in Prague and France during the European Heritage Days which are scheduled for 7-15 Sept (Prague) and 14-15 Sept (Paris), hence my note below about being in Paris over 14-15 Sept. I was also planning to use Paris as a home base and do a number of day trips from there, hence the extended stay.
1. Prague, Czech Republic (4 days)
2. Amsterdam, Netherlands (4 days)
3. Paris, France (6 days) – including 14-15 September
4. Nice, France (2 days)
5. Florence, Italy (3 days)
6. Rome (5 days)
7. Sorrento / Amalfi Coast / Isle of Capri / Pompei (4 days)
I am planning to fly between most destinations. Are there scenic options for travel (for exampl, between Nice and Florence)?
Would it be possible to add another destination by cutting down on the days in Paris, Rome or Sorrento?
I am very new to this forum and would appreciate any recommendations / critiques.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 The nieces take Bruce and Marija to Paris, Venice and London
- 2 Help needed for Netherlands itinerary please
- 3 Sept. 2016 Apt. In Paris just cancelled---YIKES!
- 4 Lisbon ... Two days only ... Must see?
- 5 Day trip from Marbella to the Alhambra
- 6 Avoid Viking River Cruises
- 7 Chinese visit to France
- 8 15 days trip to Europe
- 9 Poland, Czech, Slovak Summer Holiday
- 10 Amalfi Coast or the Lakes and where to fit in France?
- 11 France for a month in 2017
- 12 10 Days in Spain is this do-able or nuts?
- 13 Istanbul - Would you go there?
- 14 Restaurants and sights in Puglia
- 15 Rioja - Where to Stay the Night?
- 16 Day trips from Uzes
- 17 HELP! Anyone ever done the walk from TELLARO to LERICI in Liguria?
- 18 An introduction to Italy (Lerici, Barga, and Lucca)
- 19 Swiss: 9 day trip
- 20 Vuerling airlines
- 21 Flaminco recommendations for Seville September 29 to October 1
- 22 All of Spain or something else..?
- 23 Barcelona extension
- 24 Greek Itinerary Help: 8 days Early November w/ 12-yr-old
- 25 Europe itinerary review
First trip to Europe, 1 month in September 2013 - itinerary help