My husband and I are planning to visit Europe in Sept 13 for the very first time. We are in our late twenties and are hoping to get an all round experience - art, architecture, history, museums, scenery etc.
I have trawled through numerous Fodors forums and have come up with a rough itinerary below which takes into account a lot of suggestions re: timeframes etc. I was hoping to visit Spain but decided against it due to the limited time we have.
I want to be in Prague and France during the European Heritage Days which are scheduled for 7-15 Sept (Prague) and 14-15 Sept (Paris), hence my note below about being in Paris over 14-15 Sept. I was also planning to use Paris as a home base and do a number of day trips from there, hence the extended stay.
1. Prague, Czech Republic (4 days)
2. Amsterdam, Netherlands (4 days)
3. Paris, France (6 days) – including 14-15 September
4. Nice, France (2 days)
5. Florence, Italy (3 days)
6. Rome (5 days)
7. Sorrento / Amalfi Coast / Isle of Capri / Pompei (4 days)
I am planning to fly between most destinations. Are there scenic options for travel (for exampl, between Nice and Florence)?
Would it be possible to add another destination by cutting down on the days in Paris, Rome or Sorrento?
I am very new to this forum and would appreciate any recommendations / critiques.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Based in Burford, how to spend our time
- 2 Dordogne and Loire Valley
- 3 Milan to Zurich - stops & stayovers
- 4 Trip Report Crete May 2016
- 5 Help with travel from Cinque Terre to Milan Linate Airport!
- 6 Spain Itinerary Help
- 7 Barcelona completely overrated
- 8 Second thoughts on Lucerne as base
- 9 Girona and Besalau
- 10 Switzerland and Northern Italy
- 11 A week in Europe (Switzerland area)
- 12 Europe Destination with kids?
- 13 Spanish leather -- women's leather vest
- 14 Cork or Galway?
- 15 Villa near Florence Italy
- 16 Amsterdam for 5 days - HELP
- 17 MiFi in Italy
- 18 Villa near Florence Italy
- 19 French lavender and cottages
- 20 Puffins! No luck. So, where and when did you see them?
- 21 Earthquake, so sad for Italy
- 22 England and Wales by public transport
- 23 Travel to Karlsrhue
- 24 Guides - Matera
- 25 One quick week -- where in France?
First trip to Europe, 1 month in September 2013 - itinerary help