My husband and I are planning to visit Europe in Sept 13 for the very first time. We are in our late twenties and are hoping to get an all round experience - art, architecture, history, museums, scenery etc.
I have trawled through numerous Fodors forums and have come up with a rough itinerary below which takes into account a lot of suggestions re: timeframes etc. I was hoping to visit Spain but decided against it due to the limited time we have.
I want to be in Prague and France during the European Heritage Days which are scheduled for 7-15 Sept (Prague) and 14-15 Sept (Paris), hence my note below about being in Paris over 14-15 Sept. I was also planning to use Paris as a home base and do a number of day trips from there, hence the extended stay.
1. Prague, Czech Republic (4 days)
2. Amsterdam, Netherlands (4 days)
3. Paris, France (6 days) – including 14-15 September
4. Nice, France (2 days)
5. Florence, Italy (3 days)
6. Rome (5 days)
7. Sorrento / Amalfi Coast / Isle of Capri / Pompei (4 days)
I am planning to fly between most destinations. Are there scenic options for travel (for exampl, between Nice and Florence)?
Would it be possible to add another destination by cutting down on the days in Paris, Rome or Sorrento?
I am very new to this forum and would appreciate any recommendations / critiques.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Buying Plane Tickets 101
- 2 Horses, Kayaking and Adventure in Iceland
- 3 Copenhagen or Stockholm?
- 4 Paris Here We Come
- 5 Gluten-Free Paris recommendations
- 6 Paris dining-with teens
- 7 ICELAND DAY 2 and 3!
- 8 Where to visit around Toulouse
- 9 Archetypical White Christmas
- 10 Romantic Honeymoon Ideas for Jan end/early Feb 2016 please!
- 11 zugspitze in October
- 12 sncf help
- 13 Trouble in Istanbul or just precautions?
- 14 Ferrari Factory
- 15 Ideas for last-minute 8N/8D couple's trip to Europe from London please
- 16 Possible flight cancellation?
- 17 How best to travel from Florence to Sorrento
- 18 15 Days in Italy - Cost breakdown & notes
- 19 Another Paris Trip Report
- 20 Madrid & Barcelona Questions
- 21 Postcards from Retirement-The Scotland Edition
- 22 Lechazo in Castilla; Burgos; Extebarri; Getaria; SS (??)
- 23 Best new years?
- 24 Amalfi Coast in June
- 25 Rental Cars and paying the electronic tolls in Portugal
First trip to Europe, 1 month in September 2013 - itinerary help