My husband and I are planning to visit Europe in Sept 13 for the very first time. We are in our late twenties and are hoping to get an all round experience - art, architecture, history, museums, scenery etc.
I have trawled through numerous Fodors forums and have come up with a rough itinerary below which takes into account a lot of suggestions re: timeframes etc. I was hoping to visit Spain but decided against it due to the limited time we have.
I want to be in Prague and France during the European Heritage Days which are scheduled for 7-15 Sept (Prague) and 14-15 Sept (Paris), hence my note below about being in Paris over 14-15 Sept. I was also planning to use Paris as a home base and do a number of day trips from there, hence the extended stay.
1. Prague, Czech Republic (4 days)
2. Amsterdam, Netherlands (4 days)
3. Paris, France (6 days) – including 14-15 September
4. Nice, France (2 days)
5. Florence, Italy (3 days)
6. Rome (5 days)
7. Sorrento / Amalfi Coast / Isle of Capri / Pompei (4 days)
I am planning to fly between most destinations. Are there scenic options for travel (for exampl, between Nice and Florence)?
Would it be possible to add another destination by cutting down on the days in Paris, Rome or Sorrento?
I am very new to this forum and would appreciate any recommendations / critiques.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Our first trip to Europe
- 2 Prague Trip Report
- 3 Help - Fly back from Rome or Milan?
- 4 One night between Marseille and St.Remy?
- 5 Bed & Breakfast in Paris for one night
- 6 Winery tours
- 7 Umbrella Stroller for Central Europe
- 8 Rental Car Options
- 9 Help required for Germany trip plan
- 10 Lake Maggiore?
- 11 Oh no, yet another Alhambra ticket-timing question
- 12 If Greece exits
- 13 London(ish) calling. 33C at 10:00am!
- 14 London for work Paris for play!
- 15 Need help with Vatican and Colosseum Info. PLEASE!
- 16 Texans Take a Tour
- 17 Is it really 100 degrees F. in Paris???
- 18 Rome Walking Guide
- 19 Car rental Spain to France
- 20 Expresso Wifi - Other Wifi Devices
- 21 Provence 5 days 4 night (3.5 full days) itinerary
- 22 Restaurant / Food suggestions for the Golden Circle
- 23 First EuroTrip decision/planning help
- 24 what to do in florence
- 25 20-day tour arrangement in the UK
First trip to Europe, 1 month in September 2013 - itinerary help