My husband and I are planning to visit Europe in Sept 13 for the very first time. We are in our late twenties and are hoping to get an all round experience - art, architecture, history, museums, scenery etc.
I have trawled through numerous Fodors forums and have come up with a rough itinerary below which takes into account a lot of suggestions re: timeframes etc. I was hoping to visit Spain but decided against it due to the limited time we have.
I want to be in Prague and France during the European Heritage Days which are scheduled for 7-15 Sept (Prague) and 14-15 Sept (Paris), hence my note below about being in Paris over 14-15 Sept. I was also planning to use Paris as a home base and do a number of day trips from there, hence the extended stay.
1. Prague, Czech Republic (4 days)
2. Amsterdam, Netherlands (4 days)
3. Paris, France (6 days) – including 14-15 September
4. Nice, France (2 days)
5. Florence, Italy (3 days)
6. Rome (5 days)
7. Sorrento / Amalfi Coast / Isle of Capri / Pompei (4 days)
I am planning to fly between most destinations. Are there scenic options for travel (for exampl, between Nice and Florence)?
Would it be possible to add another destination by cutting down on the days in Paris, Rome or Sorrento?
I am very new to this forum and would appreciate any recommendations / critiques.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Illegal vacation apts. in Paris
- 2 Lack of diversity? Venice/Florence/Rome
- 3 8 Day trip to Swiss and France
- 4 Italy on the Cheap (Mostly), May 2015
- 5 Need help in deciding itinerary to visit places around Lucerne
- 6 Switzerland 5 days
- 7 Weekend destination in Ireland
- 8 Honoring my Father, Belgium, Amsterdam, London and TWO GTGs
- 9 Car rental in Santorini port
- 10 London (and the rest of the UK) Calling...
- 11 Bicycling in Tuscany - First Visit
- 12 Rain boots for Baltic cruise?
- 13 Milan/Lake Como questions
- 14 heathrow time needed
- 15 Help on September Trip to Spain
- 16 Norway in Nutshell - weather
- 17 Advice on Portugal for August honeymoon please
- 18 Euro Quiz # 107 - Potpourri!
- 19 Vineyards close to Lisboa, no car - Alentejo or Setubal?
- 20 Credit cards in Italy & France
- 21 Tuscany literature
- 22 DDay Tours - private or group?
- 23 Best Hotel in Tuscany?
- 24 Northern Italy/Tuscany ideas
- 25 Iceland Stopover Late September
First trip to Europe, 1 month in September 2013 - itinerary help