My husband and I are planning to visit Europe in Sept 13 for the very first time. We are in our late twenties and are hoping to get an all round experience - art, architecture, history, museums, scenery etc.
I have trawled through numerous Fodors forums and have come up with a rough itinerary below which takes into account a lot of suggestions re: timeframes etc. I was hoping to visit Spain but decided against it due to the limited time we have.
I want to be in Prague and France during the European Heritage Days which are scheduled for 7-15 Sept (Prague) and 14-15 Sept (Paris), hence my note below about being in Paris over 14-15 Sept. I was also planning to use Paris as a home base and do a number of day trips from there, hence the extended stay.
1. Prague, Czech Republic (4 days)
2. Amsterdam, Netherlands (4 days)
3. Paris, France (6 days) – including 14-15 September
4. Nice, France (2 days)
5. Florence, Italy (3 days)
6. Rome (5 days)
7. Sorrento / Amalfi Coast / Isle of Capri / Pompei (4 days)
I am planning to fly between most destinations. Are there scenic options for travel (for exampl, between Nice and Florence)?
Would it be possible to add another destination by cutting down on the days in Paris, Rome or Sorrento?
I am very new to this forum and would appreciate any recommendations / critiques.
First trip to Europe, 1 month in September 2013 - itinerary help
- 1 Air show in Paris, what to expect
- 2 Stop over in France
- 3 Paris - Apartment on Rue Volta, 3rd arr?
- 4 Vatican Guided Tours Questions
- 5 Comfortable shoes to wear in Italy this summer and not look like a tourist
- 6 Beaune Hotel or B&B Recommendation Please
- 7 Paris Museum Pass--Where best for us to purchase?
- 8 Family Trip in July - General Guidance Would be Appreciated
- 9 Scotland Itinerary getting better, still needs your expertise!
- 10 Tolls on Grossglockner Alpine Road
- 11 2 weeks in Slovenia and Croatia--Need help planning
- 12 Must-do Day Trips from London
- 13 Northern Italy
- 14 Home base in Provence in July
- 15 Help with Provence and French Riviera
- 16 In Venice then Wengen - Urgent help to choose Apt + Train ticket Sold Out
- 17 Paris Itinerary Advice - September 2013
- 18 Advance Eurostar Tickets
- 19 Need help in deciding!! Trip in end of July
- 20 how much time in York, Edinburgh, etc?
- 21 Traveling with a guide in Turkey
- 22 Drive or Train ?? - Lausanne-Interlaken-Zurich
- 23 Left Luggage in Brighton, UK
- 24 browsing homes for sale in Kent
- 25 Best Time of Day to Tour Windsor Castle