My husband and I are planning to visit Europe in Sept 13 for the very first time. We are in our late twenties and are hoping to get an all round experience - art, architecture, history, museums, scenery etc.
I have trawled through numerous Fodors forums and have come up with a rough itinerary below which takes into account a lot of suggestions re: timeframes etc. I was hoping to visit Spain but decided against it due to the limited time we have.
I want to be in Prague and France during the European Heritage Days which are scheduled for 7-15 Sept (Prague) and 14-15 Sept (Paris), hence my note below about being in Paris over 14-15 Sept. I was also planning to use Paris as a home base and do a number of day trips from there, hence the extended stay.
1. Prague, Czech Republic (4 days)
2. Amsterdam, Netherlands (4 days)
3. Paris, France (6 days) – including 14-15 September
4. Nice, France (2 days)
5. Florence, Italy (3 days)
6. Rome (5 days)
7. Sorrento / Amalfi Coast / Isle of Capri / Pompei (4 days)
I am planning to fly between most destinations. Are there scenic options for travel (for exampl, between Nice and Florence)?
Would it be possible to add another destination by cutting down on the days in Paris, Rome or Sorrento?
I am very new to this forum and would appreciate any recommendations / critiques.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 When to purchase high speed train tickets?
- 2 Andalucia Spain
- 3 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 4 Language to use in Belgium
- 5 Really true that US passport needs 6 months left to enter Schengen zone?
- 6 Cab cost from Tegel/ Germany/ to Charlottenstrasse
- 7 Getting around London
- 8 Gtg's in Paris this summer ?
- 9 Provence Hotel and Flights
- 10 2 Week Europe Itinerary
- 11 Train travel to and from Paris
- 12 Varenna to hotel near Milan airport
- 13 London, you are my number one now (replacing Paris)
- 14 Schengen question....confirmation needed
- 15 3 weeks in Scotland and Germany?
- 16 Traveling in Belgium
- 17 International Drivers License for Sicily
- 18 Advice needed re CDW for car rental in Ireland/N. Ireland
- 19 Whistle stop family road trip
- 20 Ischia-Thermal Pools
- 21 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 22 Pisa/Florence and Naples/Pompeii questions
- 23 Cascais Day Trip - Sunday or Monday?
- 24 Wine Shipping from Puglia
- 25 Children's seat on Nextbike in Wachau Valley?
First trip to Europe, 1 month in September 2013 - itinerary help