My husband and I are planning to visit Europe in Sept 13 for the very first time. We are in our late twenties and are hoping to get an all round experience - art, architecture, history, museums, scenery etc.
I have trawled through numerous Fodors forums and have come up with a rough itinerary below which takes into account a lot of suggestions re: timeframes etc. I was hoping to visit Spain but decided against it due to the limited time we have.
I want to be in Prague and France during the European Heritage Days which are scheduled for 7-15 Sept (Prague) and 14-15 Sept (Paris), hence my note below about being in Paris over 14-15 Sept. I was also planning to use Paris as a home base and do a number of day trips from there, hence the extended stay.
1. Prague, Czech Republic (4 days)
2. Amsterdam, Netherlands (4 days)
3. Paris, France (6 days) – including 14-15 September
4. Nice, France (2 days)
5. Florence, Italy (3 days)
6. Rome (5 days)
7. Sorrento / Amalfi Coast / Isle of Capri / Pompei (4 days)
I am planning to fly between most destinations. Are there scenic options for travel (for exampl, between Nice and Florence)?
Would it be possible to add another destination by cutting down on the days in Paris, Rome or Sorrento?
I am very new to this forum and would appreciate any recommendations / critiques.
First trip to Europe, 1 month in September 2013 - itinerary help
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 8 day May Road Trip - Best of France
- 2 Amsterdam - My Favorite Things!
- 3 Dublin to Cashel
- 4 want to have a trip in manchester united kingdom
- 5 San Sebastian or Pamploma?
- 6 Europe Quis ( Friday March 27 )
- 7 Drug addict cleansing in France and Spain
- 8 Going to Croatia for 7-9 days in early June
- 9 Chip + Pin Credit Card
- 10 Prague to Dubrovnik Itinerary Suggestions wanted
- 11 From Bordeaux to Toulouse
- 12 Athens and which islands?
- 13 Please, please help us plan our trip to Europe!
- 14 Neuschwanstein to Linderhof by car
- 15 The Train In Spain And Maybe Take A Plane?
- 16 Input wanted on Budapest to Prague July trip
- 17 Arrive in Paris early am, no check-in/luggage drop until pm. Options?
- 18 driving country-to-country: so many questions
- 19 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 20 Private guide in Germany - typical fees?
- 21 Inexperienced traveler trying to plan for 2 weeks in Europe!
- 22 Help with 3 week Itenarary... Ireland (dublin) & Paris.. possibly London.
- 23 Which Car to book at CDG in May 2015? Do you get Complimentary Upgrade?
- 24 5 days in France-What do we do!?
- 25 Paris and Normandy Trains