My husband and I are planning to visit Europe in Sept 13 for the very first time. We are in our late twenties and are hoping to get an all round experience - art, architecture, history, museums, scenery etc.
I have trawled through numerous Fodors forums and have come up with a rough itinerary below which takes into account a lot of suggestions re: timeframes etc. I was hoping to visit Spain but decided against it due to the limited time we have.
I want to be in Prague and France during the European Heritage Days which are scheduled for 7-15 Sept (Prague) and 14-15 Sept (Paris), hence my note below about being in Paris over 14-15 Sept. I was also planning to use Paris as a home base and do a number of day trips from there, hence the extended stay.
1. Prague, Czech Republic (4 days)
2. Amsterdam, Netherlands (4 days)
3. Paris, France (6 days) – including 14-15 September
4. Nice, France (2 days)
5. Florence, Italy (3 days)
6. Rome (5 days)
7. Sorrento / Amalfi Coast / Isle of Capri / Pompei (4 days)
I am planning to fly between most destinations. Are there scenic options for travel (for exampl, between Nice and Florence)?
Would it be possible to add another destination by cutting down on the days in Paris, Rome or Sorrento?
I am very new to this forum and would appreciate any recommendations / critiques.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Greek Village
- 2 Crete Holiday
- 3 Athens Help
- 4 One free day in Barcelona
- 5 3 days in Spain - help where?!
- 6 Lunch near Amboise, Loire Valley
- 7 Apartment Montreux area
- 8 8 in Rome or Rome + Amalfi in June
- 9 Uber vs. TfL
- 10 Europe First Timers
- 11 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 12 Criss-crossing the Camino: 5 weeks in Northern Spain (and a bit of France)
- 13 Seeking reasonable itinerary
- 14 Trip Report: Amsterdam and Antwerp, May-June 2014
- 15 base in brussels
- 16 Seeking reasonable itinerary for 16 days
- 17 Rome or Venice first
- 18 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 19 Eloping in London, honeymooning in Paris!
- 20 Berlin
- 21 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona
- 22 LONG Trip Report Barcelona & Costa Brava June 2017
- 23 Lake Como - Luzern - Germany (need help) - Amsterdam
- 24 Villa Honegg: an insider's tip for the Central Switzerland
- 25 Rest in Peace, Colonel Chilcott
First trip to Europe, 1 month in September 2013 - itinerary help