My husband and I are planning to visit Europe in Sept 13 for the very first time. We are in our late twenties and are hoping to get an all round experience - art, architecture, history, museums, scenery etc.
I have trawled through numerous Fodors forums and have come up with a rough itinerary below which takes into account a lot of suggestions re: timeframes etc. I was hoping to visit Spain but decided against it due to the limited time we have.
I want to be in Prague and France during the European Heritage Days which are scheduled for 7-15 Sept (Prague) and 14-15 Sept (Paris), hence my note below about being in Paris over 14-15 Sept. I was also planning to use Paris as a home base and do a number of day trips from there, hence the extended stay.
1. Prague, Czech Republic (4 days)
2. Amsterdam, Netherlands (4 days)
3. Paris, France (6 days) – including 14-15 September
4. Nice, France (2 days)
5. Florence, Italy (3 days)
6. Rome (5 days)
7. Sorrento / Amalfi Coast / Isle of Capri / Pompei (4 days)
I am planning to fly between most destinations. Are there scenic options for travel (for exampl, between Nice and Florence)?
Would it be possible to add another destination by cutting down on the days in Paris, Rome or Sorrento?
I am very new to this forum and would appreciate any recommendations / critiques.
First trip to Europe, 1 month in September 2013 - itinerary help
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Rome or Stockholm - PLEASE HELP ME MAKE UP MY MIND
- 2 Help!! which tour company is the best for group tours in Italy?
- 3 Capri 5 star hotel Tiberio Palace or Capri Palace with teen daughters
- 4 Luxury hotel base Positano or Sorrento with 2 teen daughters
- 5 Bus Service Between Spoleto and Norcia
- 6 What to do and what to see in Moscow in February?
- 7 Which european city?
- 8 France,Spain,Italy
- 9 Sono arrivato a Venezia
- 10 Starting to plan for 3.5 weeks in northern Spain, May 2015
- 11 Minimalist wardrobe for Europe
- 12 N Ireland / Ireland driving
- 13 Hotel or B&B Recommendations for Chamonix, Lyon & Paris
- 14 Taxi or Tube from LHR to Gloucester Road Tube?
- 15 Scotland November 2015
- 16 Italy, mid May, 10 days, Rome + another city?
- 17 Schengen Visa Rules
- 18 Five Nights in Budapest: A Quick Winter Getaway
- 19 All Set To Go!!
- 20 Since Paris is ALWAYS good idea
- 21 Truffles, Tajarin & Turin…Two weeks in the Piemonte Region of Italy
- 22 Accommodations in or near Brussels with parking
- 23 London - Paris - Venice - Rome in 21 Days
- 24 Best places to stay in Bristol?
- 25 Portugal Trip