My husband and I are planning to visit Europe in Sept 13 for the very first time. We are in our late twenties and are hoping to get an all round experience - art, architecture, history, museums, scenery etc.
I have trawled through numerous Fodors forums and have come up with a rough itinerary below which takes into account a lot of suggestions re: timeframes etc. I was hoping to visit Spain but decided against it due to the limited time we have.
I want to be in Prague and France during the European Heritage Days which are scheduled for 7-15 Sept (Prague) and 14-15 Sept (Paris), hence my note below about being in Paris over 14-15 Sept. I was also planning to use Paris as a home base and do a number of day trips from there, hence the extended stay.
1. Prague, Czech Republic (4 days)
2. Amsterdam, Netherlands (4 days)
3. Paris, France (6 days) – including 14-15 September
4. Nice, France (2 days)
5. Florence, Italy (3 days)
6. Rome (5 days)
7. Sorrento / Amalfi Coast / Isle of Capri / Pompei (4 days)
I am planning to fly between most destinations. Are there scenic options for travel (for exampl, between Nice and Florence)?
Would it be possible to add another destination by cutting down on the days in Paris, Rome or Sorrento?
I am very new to this forum and would appreciate any recommendations / critiques.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Provence Planning Help
- 2 Toulouse Metro & Train Station
- 3 Return to Paris after 15 Years
- 4 Switzerland Itinerary Help!
- 5 Madrid Airport
- 6 Paris tipping hotel maids
- 7 Norway in the nutshell
- 8 When you are worry about the graduate, you can come to here and buy one
- 9 A opportunity to get a diploma if you like
- 10 HELP!!` I'm being held prisoner.
- 11 Lufthansa's New Europe Fares
- 12 Puglia and Matera
- 13 Southern Puglia Italy
- 14 Purchasing Trenitalia Tickets
- 15 Transportation from Dublin airport to Shelboourne Hotel
- 16 Back for more Honeymoon Help
- 17 Italy AND Switzerland in 8 days
- 18 Paris food tours?
- 19 3 wks touring Sicily, what not to miss?
- 20 Getting a rheum in Paris, then Django Fest week in Fontainebleau
- 21 If we have to eat dinner in sultanhamet
- 22 5 days in Germany - Travel advice needed
- 23 Fodor Forum Valuable
- 24 Day Trip From London
- 25 two weeks trip to Switzerland and French Rivwra
First trip to Europe, 1 month in September 2013 - itinerary help