My husband and I are planning to visit Europe in Sept 13 for the very first time. We are in our late twenties and are hoping to get an all round experience - art, architecture, history, museums, scenery etc.
I have trawled through numerous Fodors forums and have come up with a rough itinerary below which takes into account a lot of suggestions re: timeframes etc. I was hoping to visit Spain but decided against it due to the limited time we have.
I want to be in Prague and France during the European Heritage Days which are scheduled for 7-15 Sept (Prague) and 14-15 Sept (Paris), hence my note below about being in Paris over 14-15 Sept. I was also planning to use Paris as a home base and do a number of day trips from there, hence the extended stay.
1. Prague, Czech Republic (4 days)
2. Amsterdam, Netherlands (4 days)
3. Paris, France (6 days) – including 14-15 September
4. Nice, France (2 days)
5. Florence, Italy (3 days)
6. Rome (5 days)
7. Sorrento / Amalfi Coast / Isle of Capri / Pompei (4 days)
I am planning to fly between most destinations. Are there scenic options for travel (for exampl, between Nice and Florence)?
Would it be possible to add another destination by cutting down on the days in Paris, Rome or Sorrento?
I am very new to this forum and would appreciate any recommendations / critiques.
First trip to Europe, 1 month in September 2013 - itinerary help
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Hotel des Grandes Ecoles, Paris
- 2 Bavaria: Need Itinerary and Lodging Help for Family of Six
- 3 I give up!!! Need some itinerary help please!!
- 4 Provence, near Nice
- 5 Keeping it el cheapo in Copenhagen Paris and Barcelona!
- 6 Lisbon, Porto and Southern Galicia Costal region
- 7 Bike touring in France
- 8 Italy Trip: Another Scrap With Friction
- 9 Dress Code for the Vatican
- 10 setenil de la bodegas and/or Ronda spain
- 11 hire a car or public transport
- 12 One week in Ireland itinerary
- 13 4 Days in Paris: Sample Itinerary for First Trip There
- 14 Cordoba-Granada itinerary
- 15 Scotland - 1 week itinerary
- 16 Vespa Tours in Rome
- 17 One month in Puglia and Matera
- 18 Renting Gites through the Gites-de-France web site
- 19 Help with Central/ Eastern Europe
- 20 3 weeks in Europe
- 21 Lauterbrunnen area (with baby)
- 22 Paris first then where?
- 23 Stay away from EF Tours
- 24 What is the fastest and best way to travel across Europe
- 25 Vienna.stay in pension.