My husband and I are planning to visit Europe in Sept 13 for the very first time. We are in our late twenties and are hoping to get an all round experience - art, architecture, history, museums, scenery etc.
I have trawled through numerous Fodors forums and have come up with a rough itinerary below which takes into account a lot of suggestions re: timeframes etc. I was hoping to visit Spain but decided against it due to the limited time we have.
I want to be in Prague and France during the European Heritage Days which are scheduled for 7-15 Sept (Prague) and 14-15 Sept (Paris), hence my note below about being in Paris over 14-15 Sept. I was also planning to use Paris as a home base and do a number of day trips from there, hence the extended stay.
1. Prague, Czech Republic (4 days)
2. Amsterdam, Netherlands (4 days)
3. Paris, France (6 days) – including 14-15 September
4. Nice, France (2 days)
5. Florence, Italy (3 days)
6. Rome (5 days)
7. Sorrento / Amalfi Coast / Isle of Capri / Pompei (4 days)
I am planning to fly between most destinations. Are there scenic options for travel (for exampl, between Nice and Florence)?
Would it be possible to add another destination by cutting down on the days in Paris, Rome or Sorrento?
I am very new to this forum and would appreciate any recommendations / critiques.
First trip to Europe, 1 month in September 2013 - itinerary help
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 US looking into preclearance at European airports
- 2 Hurtigruten Cruise excursions alternatives, coast of Norway
- 3 Train Travel - Paris to Brussels & Bruges
- 4 1st time to europe- from 0ct 3-26 2014 train advance ticket advice
- 5 Poland (Krakow)/ Prague from Leipzig
- 6 3 adults in a Triple room at Hotel Attalos- crazy?
- 7 Interested In Coach Passes
- 8 URGENT HELP- Traveling soon for Croatia, B & H, Slovenia, Montenegro
- 9 Madrid Apartment Rentals
- 10 Need help - Train from Marseille airport to Paris
- 11 Alterations to night trains routes
- 12 first family trip to Switzerland
- 13 Customs & Immigration Necessary at Frankfurt Germany Airport???
- 14 Itinerary update and request for help with side trip from Munich
- 15 Spain (Practical) Trip Report
- 16 18 days - Turkey, Greece and Italy
- 17 Pisa or Siena?
- 18 2 nights in Venice - what restaurants should we not miss?
- 19 20th ANNIVERSARY TRIP ITALY Rome, Florence, Tuscany & other nearby towns.
- 20 Our Adventure to the Southeast of England and London
- 21 How many nights in Vienna vs. Salzburg?
- 22 Belgium, Germany, Netherlands
- 23 MXP to Dolomites--Where To Stay In Between
- 24 Germany with friends who have never been there
- 25 Schengen Visa Question - Student Visa / Visitor Visa