My husband and I are planning to visit Europe in Sept 13 for the very first time. We are in our late twenties and are hoping to get an all round experience - art, architecture, history, museums, scenery etc.
I have trawled through numerous Fodors forums and have come up with a rough itinerary below which takes into account a lot of suggestions re: timeframes etc. I was hoping to visit Spain but decided against it due to the limited time we have.
I want to be in Prague and France during the European Heritage Days which are scheduled for 7-15 Sept (Prague) and 14-15 Sept (Paris), hence my note below about being in Paris over 14-15 Sept. I was also planning to use Paris as a home base and do a number of day trips from there, hence the extended stay.
1. Prague, Czech Republic (4 days)
2. Amsterdam, Netherlands (4 days)
3. Paris, France (6 days) – including 14-15 September
4. Nice, France (2 days)
5. Florence, Italy (3 days)
6. Rome (5 days)
7. Sorrento / Amalfi Coast / Isle of Capri / Pompei (4 days)
I am planning to fly between most destinations. Are there scenic options for travel (for exampl, between Nice and Florence)?
Would it be possible to add another destination by cutting down on the days in Paris, Rome or Sorrento?
I am very new to this forum and would appreciate any recommendations / critiques.
First trip to Europe, 1 month in September 2013 - itinerary help
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Bavaria and Tirol for 2 weeks in June
- 2 Train to Harry Potter Studio---Tips?
- 3 half day at Madrid Prado ?
- 4 Open Jaw Ticket...NYC-LHR;FCO-NYC Cost
- 5 Winter in europe - am I being too ambitious?
- 6 Question: import tax on personal musical instruments?
- 7 GuideAdvisor, beware!!
- 8 Should I buy Euro's now?
- 9 How tough are they with carry-ons for intra European flights?
- 10 How to decide where to go in Europe
- 11 22 days in Amsterdam, Germany, Austria and Switzerland
- 12 Greece after the Vote
- 13 Madrid hotel near Atocha Station
- 14 Heading off to our 18day Eurotrip soon - 3000€ for 2 people? Enough?
- 15 Recommendations for hotels in Helsinki
- 16 BOS - CDG airfare in late April?
- 17 Paris Apt Locations - Your Opinion on Apts
- 18 Italy/France Itinerary - What do You Think?
- 19 Destination Benson; help with 2 options, please
- 20 Satnav maps update
- 21 London Newport Court apartment rental advice
- 22 which is worse in july - rome or venice?
- 23 Ever Seen the 'Baked Bean' In London?
- 24 What else for kids to see/do near Guedelon?
- 25 Toulouse, The Dordogne(based in Sarlat) and Paris