I will be travelling to London in January for my first trip to England. I will be staying 10 nights and am wondering whether it would be best to find a bed and breakfast in London to stay in for the whole trip (with day trips out of the city to Cambridge, Windsor, Canterbury, Oxford, and maybe Leeds) or if it would be a good idea to take a bus out to Bath upon arriving at Heathrow, spend 3 nights in Bath to see the area and visit Stonehenge, then spend the rest of the trip in London. I'd like to see as much as possible but I also don't want to unnecessarily stress myself out overdoing it as I am sure the city and day trips would more than keep me busy. I plan to use public transportation and buses, etc. to get around rather than renting a car. Any recommendations on how I structure the trip?
First Trip to England - 10 Days - Just London or London & Bath?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 What to do in England, Wales and Scotland?
- 2 Why Bilbao is the perfect getaway for foodies...
- 3 Staying in the Highlands
- 4 1 Night Paris before Eurostar - Where to stay
- 5 Ireland Cell Phones
- 6 Athens-Delphi-Nafplio driving itinerary help
- 7 September Trip to Normandy/Brittany/Paris
- 8 Croatia Itinerary Help - Late May-Early June (15n)
- 9 Greece ferries/speed boats?
- 10 Travel by train in Poland?
- 11 Palenque's Scenic Swiss Trains
- 12 Trains
- 13 Spain in late November/early December
- 14 Euro Quiz # 65 (Friday)
- 15 scotland trave;
- 16 Croatia and Montenegro for 8 days
- 17 European Quiz # 66 Monday
- 18 Trip Report: My Encounter With the Italian Hospital System
- 19 Luxury romantic hotel to stay in Sardinia?
- 20 Luxury romantic hotel to stay in Sardinia?
- 21 Berlin - one day off
- 22 What do you think of this itinerary?
- 23 Norway in June with parents.
- 24 moderate price lodging in the Schliersee/Bavarian Alps area
- 25 How to experience the Champagne region during a 12 days trip to París.