I will be travelling to London in January for my first trip to England. I will be staying 10 nights and am wondering whether it would be best to find a bed and breakfast in London to stay in for the whole trip (with day trips out of the city to Cambridge, Windsor, Canterbury, Oxford, and maybe Leeds) or if it would be a good idea to take a bus out to Bath upon arriving at Heathrow, spend 3 nights in Bath to see the area and visit Stonehenge, then spend the rest of the trip in London. I'd like to see as much as possible but I also don't want to unnecessarily stress myself out overdoing it as I am sure the city and day trips would more than keep me busy. I plan to use public transportation and buses, etc. to get around rather than renting a car. Any recommendations on how I structure the trip?
First Trip to England - 10 Days - Just London or London & Bath?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Florence & Rome Itinerary, hotel, tour co. critique please!
- 2 Eurostar London to Avignon Thru Trains Start June 28!
- 3 Tentative itinerary for Andalucia for April/May 2015
- 4 Any experience with Cave Lodging in Loire Valley?
- 5 Venice canal boats--best deals?
- 6 West Ireland with 81 year old mother - Pls Review Itinerary
- 7 Salzburg, Innsbruck, and possibly Graz with my 90yr old Mom
- 8 Trip to Italy with teenagers
- 9 italy
- 10 Advance Tickets Segrada Familia - Barcelona
- 11 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 12 Finland to Sweden to Denmark to France to UK
- 13 Croatia in August - 2 weeks, 2 kids
- 14 What still confounds you about travel?
- 15 Pre-Purchasing Train Tickets
- 16 FRANCE: SIM CARD
- 17 Best route from Pamukkale to Fethiye by car
- 18 Advice on Two Week Itinerary Please! (London,Paris,Luxembourg,Brussels)
- 19 Planning first Solo Backpacking in Europe!
- 20 Chip but no PIN
- 21 Greece--Crete or Peloponnis?
- 22 Madrid and London
- 23 Ryanair Cabin Luggage
- 24 Eatwith - dine with locals
- 25 Day trip to Rothenberg from Munich