I will be travelling to London in January for my first trip to England. I will be staying 10 nights and am wondering whether it would be best to find a bed and breakfast in London to stay in for the whole trip (with day trips out of the city to Cambridge, Windsor, Canterbury, Oxford, and maybe Leeds) or if it would be a good idea to take a bus out to Bath upon arriving at Heathrow, spend 3 nights in Bath to see the area and visit Stonehenge, then spend the rest of the trip in London. I'd like to see as much as possible but I also don't want to unnecessarily stress myself out overdoing it as I am sure the city and day trips would more than keep me busy. I plan to use public transportation and buses, etc. to get around rather than renting a car. Any recommendations on how I structure the trip?
First Trip to England - 10 Days - Just London or London & Bath?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 What to do during Christmas in Paris?
- 2 Sweden, Denmark, Norway
- 3 Alcobaca, Batalha and Tomar, all or one?
- 4 Hotel for last night in London--for family of 4
- 5 Planning a trip to the Baltics
- 6 Initial feedback on Spain itin, please
- 7 England and Scotland
- 8 Savoring Sicily - A Trip Report
- 9 27-DAY ODYSSEY IN THE ALPS with 3 FINAL DAYS IN PARIS
- 10 Athens/Istanbul March
- 11 Does cinque terre merit three days
- 12 Spain and Portugal in Depth
- 13 Info requested for Paris, Strasbourg and Berlin
- 14 Dublin to Armagh?
- 15 Solo Scotland May 2014
- 16 A photo report on Reykjavik, Iceland
- 17 Gite and/or agritourism
- 18 Apartment for family trip to London
- 19 Prebook B&Bs
- 20 Switzerland
- 21 London, Paris, Rome Trip Report
- 22 Munich - (2) nights plus an extra evening - your suggestions?
- 23 Trains in Italy
- 24 20 days in Germany
- 25 How much do you spend on travel in Europe?