I will be travelling to London in January for my first trip to England. I will be staying 10 nights and am wondering whether it would be best to find a bed and breakfast in London to stay in for the whole trip (with day trips out of the city to Cambridge, Windsor, Canterbury, Oxford, and maybe Leeds) or if it would be a good idea to take a bus out to Bath upon arriving at Heathrow, spend 3 nights in Bath to see the area and visit Stonehenge, then spend the rest of the trip in London. I'd like to see as much as possible but I also don't want to unnecessarily stress myself out overdoing it as I am sure the city and day trips would more than keep me busy. I plan to use public transportation and buses, etc. to get around rather than renting a car. Any recommendations on how I structure the trip?
First Trip to England - 10 Days - Just London or London & Bath?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 One week SW England for a group with diverse interests
- 2 Rotterdam - Amsterdam Parking
- 3 Paris with kids - a whirlwind even with 9 days!
- 4 Transport advise- Rome - Florence - Berlin - Copenhagen
- 5 Amsterdam vs Prague
- 6 I'm in a funk
- 7 Shuttle Bus in Madrid
- 8 Italy Trip: Another Scrap With Friction
- 9 Where to spend 4-5 days in Moselle valley
- 10 Mama Mia Italy!
- 11 Sunday Times Travel Magazine: Beach Hotels
- 12 Vespa Tours in Rome
- 13 Europe road trip with kids - thoughts please!
- 14 Bike touring in France
- 15 Valencia and Baleric Islands Itinerary suggestions for May travel
- 16 Spain Trip Ideas -Critique Welcome
- 17 Germany Visa for conference
- 18 Oktoberfest vs Amsterdam
- 19 Speeding ticket in Germany: how do I handle this?
- 20 Recs for Dublin B&B?
- 21 travel to western Europe from India
- 22 I went to Paris in June
- 23 Good Flamenco in Seville
- 24 Honeymoon in Greece - Athens, Mykonos, Santorini
- 25 First trip we lost a car, this trip we lose a lady