I am looking to travel to Italy at the end of May and I'm TOTALLY overwhelmed by all my options!! I am the sort of person who really appreciates a calm and nature orientated break so was thinking about the Amalfi coast/Sicily or Sardinia. But I also feel that to travel to Italy and not see the obvious famous sites i.e Rome/Venice, may be foolish! I don't really have the time to organise more than one location and am struggling hugely to make a decision!! I'm not sure I would want to drive, so this also poses a problem, as wouldn't I need a car to drive round some of the more remote but scenic places???
Any advice would be GREATLY appreciated as I am a very inexperienced traveller and haven't a clue how I should approach this!!!! Thanks
First timer to Italy
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Suggestions for Trip to Villefranche-sur-Mer
- 2 Has anyone toured La Pietra near Florence?
- 3 Italian cooking classes
- 4 Almost 3 weeks in Sicily in March
- 5 Altitude sickness in Switzerland
- 6 Breaking out of the Nutshell: Oslo, Bergen, the Sognefjord and Copenhagen
- 7 Best place to stay with car in Lake Como/Maggiore
- 8 3 weeks in December in Europe, need help with itinerary
- 9 Fjords, How To?
- 10 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 11 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 12 Tram 28 safe to travel with kids?
- 13 Budget for 3 Month's
- 14 Ideas for Scotland trip
- 15 Normandy, Brittany and Loire Valley in May - please help with itinerary
- 16 Italy/France 22 day Itinerary - Help Please
- 17 Back from Budapest- Report Including Eger, Szentendre and London
- 18 Florence & Rome Itinerary, hotel, tour co. critique please!
- 19 London visit
- 20 Questions for my German friends
- 21 Bavaria & Dolomites
- 22 Amsterdam / Belgium Itinerary
- 23 Art Deco architecture along the English Channel
- 24 21 Days in Central Europe
- 25 Driving to Paris... Parking?