I am looking to travel to Italy at the end of May and I'm TOTALLY overwhelmed by all my options!! I am the sort of person who really appreciates a calm and nature orientated break so was thinking about the Amalfi coast/Sicily or Sardinia. But I also feel that to travel to Italy and not see the obvious famous sites i.e Rome/Venice, may be foolish! I don't really have the time to organise more than one location and am struggling hugely to make a decision!! I'm not sure I would want to drive, so this also poses a problem, as wouldn't I need a car to drive round some of the more remote but scenic places???
Any advice would be GREATLY appreciated as I am a very inexperienced traveller and haven't a clue how I should approach this!!!! Thanks
First timer to Italy
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 North of Spain from Bilbao
- 2 GIRONA Spain - 1 day
- 3 A drive in Europe
- 4 Location of hotel in Rome
- 5 Reims for a day
- 6 How far in advance should I book my car rentals ?
- 7 Where to watch World Cup in Berlin
- 8 Paris in April?
- 9 car rental companies Italy
- 10 Quick notes from 2 weeks in Turkey
- 11 Alternatives to Heathrow hotels?
- 12 Edinburgh To St. Andrews
- 13 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 14 What are the best places to see in England
- 15 Trip to Italy - please weigh in with suggestions and tips!!
- 16 MARSEILLES - Day trip - CASSIS or AVIGNON ?
- 17 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 18 Sardinia 5 - 7 night, first time in March please help
- 19 SICILY - PALERMO or TRAPANI as a base?
- 20 Germany driving itinerary starting questions
- 21 hotels in Seville
- 22 Sicily Suggetions
- 23 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 24 Soccer/futbol in Madrid
- 25 best neighborhood/area to stay in rome?