First timer here...have been go-ogling last couple of weeks for planning my first trip to Europe
Every search throws up some Fodor forum link...and have been very impressed by the people who are willing to help here! you guys are great!
I have developed the below itinerary for myself, wifey and our 2 yr old son to travel in September 2013 for 22 days. I currently stay in Singapore and will start my journey from here.
So here it goes.
I really want to visit Swiss - Paris - London. I know including Italy is squeezing a bit in 22 days but looking at photos ..am absolutely in love with Italy. And I want to take full advantage of the fast trains in Europe to reduce travel time between places.
To me this covers all the important places I want to visit in my first trip...ive tried to keep relax days in between...please give your opinions...really appreciate it
Saturday 14-Sep-13 Arrive in Rome - Free&Easy Flight 17 hrs
Sunday 15-Sep-13 Rome - local sightseeing Sightseeing
Monday 16-Sep-13 Vatican Sightseeing
Tuesday 17-Sep-13 Rome - local sightseeing, trip to Pisa Train Sightseeing
Wednesday 18-Sep-13 Proceed to Florence by Train - Trenitalia / Free&Easy 2 hrs
Thursday 19-Sep-13 Florence - sightseeing Train Sightseeing
Friday 20-Sep-13 Proceed to Venice by Train - Trenitalia / Free&Easy 2 hrs
Saturday 21-Sep-13 Venice Sightseeing
Sunday 22-Sep-13 Proceed to Lucerne,Switzerland - Trenitalia / Eurocity / Swiss Rail Train 6 hrs via Milan /Zurich
Monday 23-Sep-13 Lucerne Mt Titlis or other Relax
Tuesday 24-Sep-13 Lucerne Mt Titlis or other Sightseeing
Wednesday 25-Sep-13 Proceed to Interlaken or Murren / Wengen - Swiss Rail Train 2 hrs
Thursday 26-Sep-13 Interlaken or Murren / Wengen - Jungfraujoch / Other Sightseeing
Friday 27-Sep-13 Murren / Wengen - Jungfraujoch / Other Sightseeing
Saturday 28-Sep-13 Proceed to Paris via Geneva - TGV Train 3-6 hrs
Sunday 29-Sep-13 Paris - Local Sightseeing Sightseeing
Monday 30-Sep-13 Paris - Versailles Sightseeing
Tuesday 1-Oct-13 Paris - Local Sightseeing / Shopping Relax
Wednesday 2-Oct-13 Proceed to London - Eurostar Train 2.5 hr
Thursday 3-Oct-13 London - Local Sightseeing Sightseeing
Friday 4-Oct-13 London - Local Sightseeing Sightseeing
Saturday 5-Oct-13 London Relax&Shop
Sunday 6-Oct-13 Fly back home Flight 12 hour
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 (1) YAHOO Password Reset CONTACT ☎1:800:982:8520 YAHOO Tec*h SUPPORT
- 2 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 3 Konigsee or Wolfgangsee for a stay of 3 days ?
- 4 Train transfer questions and safety - France/NL/Belgium/UK
- 5 Breakfast Outside of Dublin off M7 (Driving to West Coast)
- 6 Verona to/around Lake Garda: Sights
- 7 Day trips from Seville -Granada, Cadiz&Jerez or white villages
- 8 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 9 Warning about visa subcontractor VFS Global in Chicago
- 10 3 days solo in London
- 11 4 Days in Europe! Paris, Lisbon, or...?
- 12 Where to stay first night near Manchester
- 13 Hotels in Turin
- 14 Help on ancient history route
- 15 Chania
- 16 Days to Avoid Roussillon, Gordes, etc.
- 17 Now to Madrid
- 18 Lunch in Lake Garda
- 19 Trip Report: The last hurrah? A fortnight in Lake Como
- 20 Village visit in Northern Italy
- 21 May Honeymoon in Sorrento?
- 22 Riviera di Ponente in mid October
- 23 If you visit London, go to the Kew Gardens!
- 24 Sicily: which coast?
- 25 Packing for Sicily and Sardenia: Need anything Warm?