First timer here...have been go-ogling last couple of weeks for planning my first trip to Europe
Every search throws up some Fodor forum link...and have been very impressed by the people who are willing to help here! you guys are great!
I have developed the below itinerary for myself, wifey and our 2 yr old son to travel in September 2013 for 22 days. I currently stay in Singapore and will start my journey from here.
So here it goes.
I really want to visit Swiss - Paris - London. I know including Italy is squeezing a bit in 22 days but looking at photos ..am absolutely in love with Italy. And I want to take full advantage of the fast trains in Europe to reduce travel time between places.
To me this covers all the important places I want to visit in my first trip...ive tried to keep relax days in between...please give your opinions...really appreciate it
Saturday 14-Sep-13 Arrive in Rome - Free&Easy Flight 17 hrs
Sunday 15-Sep-13 Rome - local sightseeing Sightseeing
Monday 16-Sep-13 Vatican Sightseeing
Tuesday 17-Sep-13 Rome - local sightseeing, trip to Pisa Train Sightseeing
Wednesday 18-Sep-13 Proceed to Florence by Train - Trenitalia / Free&Easy 2 hrs
Thursday 19-Sep-13 Florence - sightseeing Train Sightseeing
Friday 20-Sep-13 Proceed to Venice by Train - Trenitalia / Free&Easy 2 hrs
Saturday 21-Sep-13 Venice Sightseeing
Sunday 22-Sep-13 Proceed to Lucerne,Switzerland - Trenitalia / Eurocity / Swiss Rail Train 6 hrs via Milan /Zurich
Monday 23-Sep-13 Lucerne Mt Titlis or other Relax
Tuesday 24-Sep-13 Lucerne Mt Titlis or other Sightseeing
Wednesday 25-Sep-13 Proceed to Interlaken or Murren / Wengen - Swiss Rail Train 2 hrs
Thursday 26-Sep-13 Interlaken or Murren / Wengen - Jungfraujoch / Other Sightseeing
Friday 27-Sep-13 Murren / Wengen - Jungfraujoch / Other Sightseeing
Saturday 28-Sep-13 Proceed to Paris via Geneva - TGV Train 3-6 hrs
Sunday 29-Sep-13 Paris - Local Sightseeing Sightseeing
Monday 30-Sep-13 Paris - Versailles Sightseeing
Tuesday 1-Oct-13 Paris - Local Sightseeing / Shopping Relax
Wednesday 2-Oct-13 Proceed to London - Eurostar Train 2.5 hr
Thursday 3-Oct-13 London - Local Sightseeing Sightseeing
Friday 4-Oct-13 London - Local Sightseeing Sightseeing
Saturday 5-Oct-13 London Relax&Shop
Sunday 6-Oct-13 Fly back home Flight 12 hour
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 London's Must Sights!
- 2 Just booked flight 11 nt trip to Italy, into Pisa, out from Milan
- 3 10 Days in Greece @ End of June
- 4 Will this be a problem??? - connecting flights and different airlines
- 5 Where to stay in Paris? So many options!
- 6 Super Excited! 3 weeks need your help!
- 7 Chatsworth/Hardwick Hall Timing
- 8 First Time Solo Travel info
- 9 Croatia-Slovenia- 30 days Road trip itinerary-2017
- 10 Budapest Hotels
- 11 Hotel Bonaparte, Paris
- 12 TGV from Paris to Vienna?
- 13 Help deciding on how to tour England/Ireland/Scotland
- 14 Lake Garda, Where to stay
- 15 Midway stop btwn Paris & Venice?
- 16 Van Gogh Museum advice
- 17 Traveling to Europe mid November - suggestions
- 18 One month in southern Spain with little ones. Where to stay?
- 19 4 days in switzerland
- 20 Switzerland, Austria, Prague and Munich
- 21 11 days in Portugal in April - thoughts on itinerary please!
- 22 Do We Need A Guide to do the Ring Road?
- 23 2 Months around Europe and the Balkans. Need help with itinerary!
- 24 Solo trip across Europe covering 18 countries
- 25 Britain's contactless public transport revolution moves to Oxford