My husband & I are planning a trip to Paris in either May/ Sep. This is his first trip to Paris, but not mine. However, I wish to see Paris in detail as the last time I came with a package tour and did not manage to see much of it. We are planning about 4 days there.
Some guide books recommend hop-on-and-hop-off bus tours for exploring Paris. I am thinking of buying a 2-day Paris Pass: http://www.parispass.com/ This promised free entry to many museums and attraction and free travel within certain zones. My main concern is that we will be able to bypass the long queues and see as many places as possible within 2 days and then reserve the other 2 days for leisurely shopping and dining.
Is this a feasible plan? Is the Paris Pass worth a buy or does anyone think it is enough to buy a carnet of tickets and explore the city on our own? Note this is not the Paris Visite Pass; we are bypassing the PVP as it's not quite worth it in my opinion. Would appreciate any advice. Thanks in advance!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 (U.S) AOL Password Reset CONTACT ☎ 1:888:482:3831 AOL Tec*h SUPPORT
- 2 24 hours in Paris
- 3 Madrid/Andalucia Trip
- 4 Hotel Recommendations in Paris
- 5 Help with Crete Itinerary
- 6 Granada to Seville driving day trip
- 7 Happy birthday ATM
- 8 tickets for Wimbledon
- 9 Konigsee or Wolfgangsee for a stay of 3 days ?
- 10 Italy- dolomites and cinque terre
- 11 Day Trips from Zug in Switzerland
- 12 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 13 Trains from Istanbul to Budapest
- 14 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 15 Cinque Terre, Bologna and Lake Como
- 16 Day trip from Amsterdam for college girls
- 17 Travel from Cinque Terra to Pezenaz, France
- 18 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 19 B&Bs in Pisa, Parma & Bologna, Hotel in Milan
- 20 Language course in Trieste, Northern Italy
- 21 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 22 Fly out Venice or Rome
- 23 Spain - day driver advice
- 24 Sitting at a cafe watching the world go by - hmmm...
- 25 London with Teens Trip Report