My husband & I are planning a trip to Paris in either May/ Sep. This is his first trip to Paris, but not mine. However, I wish to see Paris in detail as the last time I came with a package tour and did not manage to see much of it. We are planning about 4 days there.
Some guide books recommend hop-on-and-hop-off bus tours for exploring Paris. I am thinking of buying a 2-day Paris Pass: http://www.parispass.com/ This promised free entry to many museums and attraction and free travel within certain zones. My main concern is that we will be able to bypass the long queues and see as many places as possible within 2 days and then reserve the other 2 days for leisurely shopping and dining.
Is this a feasible plan? Is the Paris Pass worth a buy or does anyone think it is enough to buy a carnet of tickets and explore the city on our own? Note this is not the Paris Visite Pass; we are bypassing the PVP as it's not quite worth it in my opinion. Would appreciate any advice. Thanks in advance!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Drive or Train from Zurich to Florence?
- 2 Drive or Train from Zurich to Florence?
- 3 Spain: train/rental car help
- 4 Budapest Card
- 5 First trip to the UK, please help me
- 6 UK in May and June
- 7 Adivice from experts please, Southern Dutch/Belgium German Borders
- 8 For Paris-knowledgable - best neighborhood to stay a week-plus
- 9 Help Needed for 8/20: Train from Salzburg to Garmisch
- 10 Copenhagen,Helsinki,St. Petersburg in mid September
- 11 Italian Opera-Edinburgh Tattoo-"Great" Houses-Cornwall: Ongoing and FINAL
- 12 Best tour or day trip from EL Ferrol Spain
- 13 Bath/Cotswolds
- 14 Shorts in South of France?
- 15 Laura and Steve's Spanish Adventure
- 16 Globus Iberian Tour
- 17 Switzerland part of 3-week trip
- 18 base for Andalucia
- 19 Italy travel plan help
- 20 Italy itinerary - input needed, please!!
- 21 Florence hotels: JK Place vs. Antica Torre di Via Tornabuoni
- 22 23 day honeymoon to Greece
- 23 Looking for a UK coach tour company for seniors
- 24 Getting from Bordeaux Gare to the airport
- 25 Black Forest base 7-10 days - public transport