My husband & I are planning a trip to Paris in either May/ Sep. This is his first trip to Paris, but not mine. However, I wish to see Paris in detail as the last time I came with a package tour and did not manage to see much of it. We are planning about 4 days there.
Some guide books recommend hop-on-and-hop-off bus tours for exploring Paris. I am thinking of buying a 2-day Paris Pass: http://www.parispass.com/ This promised free entry to many museums and attraction and free travel within certain zones. My main concern is that we will be able to bypass the long queues and see as many places as possible within 2 days and then reserve the other 2 days for leisurely shopping and dining.
Is this a feasible plan? Is the Paris Pass worth a buy or does anyone think it is enough to buy a carnet of tickets and explore the city on our own? Note this is not the Paris Visite Pass; we are bypassing the PVP as it's not quite worth it in my opinion. Would appreciate any advice. Thanks in advance!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Kechu: Tec^h SUPP0RT HP PRINTER CONTACT 1:800:681:7208 Set up HP Printer*
- 2 Train from Paris to Reims for day trip
- 3 Driving Bruges to Paris. Is it worth the drive?
- 4 First visit to London
- 5 Paris: Museums, food and wine -- May 2017
- 6 Paris..The St. Germain area.
- 7 Why do you visit X or Y?
- 8 Naples + Walking Tour
- 9 TIM in FCO - update
- 10 Day Trip Suggestions from Munich
- 11 8 days vacation to Switzerland & Austria
- 12 How Best to spend 13 days in Italy
- 13 The essence of Swiss in 4-5 days for first timers
- 14 itinerary recommendation 6 nights Spain (Barcelona/Madrid)
- 15 Switzerland - Matterhorm and Golden Pass advice
- 16 Agriturismo with train access to Florence
- 17 Storing bags while traveling using Swiss Rail Pass.
- 18 Venice gondola ride
- 19 Paris and Normandy
- 20 2-3 week Europe itinerary - help!
- 21 Europe in 2 weeks on budget
- 22 Does Paris ruin you for life?
- 23 London and Normandy
- 24 Last night in Barcelona - where to stay
- 25 Could you recommend a city tour in Reykjavík?