My husband & I are planning a trip to Paris in either May/ Sep. This is his first trip to Paris, but not mine. However, I wish to see Paris in detail as the last time I came with a package tour and did not manage to see much of it. We are planning about 4 days there.
Some guide books recommend hop-on-and-hop-off bus tours for exploring Paris. I am thinking of buying a 2-day Paris Pass: http://www.parispass.com/ This promised free entry to many museums and attraction and free travel within certain zones. My main concern is that we will be able to bypass the long queues and see as many places as possible within 2 days and then reserve the other 2 days for leisurely shopping and dining.
Is this a feasible plan? Is the Paris Pass worth a buy or does anyone think it is enough to buy a carnet of tickets and explore the city on our own? Note this is not the Paris Visite Pass; we are bypassing the PVP as it's not quite worth it in my opinion. Would appreciate any advice. Thanks in advance!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Amsterdam and Germany 9 days
- 2 SOUTH OF FRANCE / ITALY ITINERARY SUGGESTIONS
- 3 Interesting places to visit
- 4 Amalfi Coast - help!
- 5 Full day in Sintra..what to focus on
- 6 Reliable tour companies for day trips?
- 7 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 8 Short Spain Trip - questions
- 9 Travel options from Budapest to Zagreb
- 10 Advice on Berlin hotels
- 11 3 weeks in Italy - Family of 4
- 12 London: Flaming June and Pirates of Penzeance!
- 13 Input on Itinerary for Visit to Bavaria and Austria Fall 2017
- 14 Europe Travel & Trivia Quiz #138- Bridges, Tunnels!
- 15 The Mystic East - a tale of hot food, hot weather, airmiles and imodium.
- 16 From Portugal to the Pyrenees and onto Paris
- 17 Train help for Prague
- 18 Germany train help!
- 19 Six Nights (and days) in the Marais
- 20 Acropolis Athens
- 21 Scandinavia - By land or by sea?
- 22 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 23 Swiss Travel Pass
- 24 We're here!
- 25 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years