My husband & I are planning a trip to Paris in either May/ Sep. This is his first trip to Paris, but not mine. However, I wish to see Paris in detail as the last time I came with a package tour and did not manage to see much of it. We are planning about 4 days there.
Some guide books recommend hop-on-and-hop-off bus tours for exploring Paris. I am thinking of buying a 2-day Paris Pass: http://www.parispass.com/ This promised free entry to many museums and attraction and free travel within certain zones. My main concern is that we will be able to bypass the long queues and see as many places as possible within 2 days and then reserve the other 2 days for leisurely shopping and dining.
Is this a feasible plan? Is the Paris Pass worth a buy or does anyone think it is enough to buy a carnet of tickets and explore the city on our own? Note this is not the Paris Visite Pass; we are bypassing the PVP as it's not quite worth it in my opinion. Would appreciate any advice. Thanks in advance!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 2 Should I book my own guide for the Lourve and Versaille?
- 3 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 4 Ireland Trip Itenary
- 5 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 6 Transferring from LCY to LHR . PLEASE HELP
- 7 Firt time VISA applicant
- 8 Springtime (Hopefully) in Copenhagen
- 9 10 days Greece in mid-Sept 2017
- 10 Fes to Southern Spain (Jerez, Malaga)
- 11 Uffizi Phone Number
- 12 lurento sports car rental - anyone?
- 13 Vegetarian Food in Spain & Portugal
- 14 France Itinerary Advice
- 15 Gorges de Verdon to Eze - where to stay along way?
- 16 Comments on Munich, Saltzburg, Lucerne hotels
- 17 Short stay London with Aussie kids or not?
- 18 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 19 Help ... bus from Cappadocia (Kayseri) to Antalya or Fethiye
- 20 Where to stay in September in the Swiss Alps
- 21 13 Days with 13-year-olds in Greece
- 22 Spain and Portugal - 2 weeks in Mid-July - help with itinerary
- 23 Murren to Prague
- 24 Rome Bus Routes - a list
- 25 best place in london for indian food without paying an arm and a leg