I'll be traveling to Amsterdam for the first time in September. Instead of getting a hotel, I'll be getting a private apartment. Though I've seen a few places in the canal rings, there are quite a few nice places outside (specifically Spaarndammerbuurt which is just northwest of Central Station) -- which seem more attractive because they are in quieter neighborhoods.
Should I look for a place that's more central? Or are places just outside the canal rings still easily accessible?
First Time Visiting Amsterdam - What Area?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris: Help w/short and very last minute trip
- 2 getting on highway from Avignon TVG Europcar rental place
- 3 From CDG to the Seventh?
- 4 recommendations for budget hotels - West End, Covent Garden, Bloomsbury
- 5 NATIONAL PARKS IN CROATIA (PLITVICE & KRKA)
- 6 Munich with a car?
- 7 Printing Paris Bus Routes --Kerouac, others?
- 8 Any exciting towns South of Rome, Italy
- 9 Wanting to spend 6 months in the French Countryside
- 10 Toulouse and beyond -
- 11 Rue Montorgueil or 7th?
- 12 People acting out Paris Metro Names
- 13 Naples - Hotel to stay for 2 nites
- 14 Soccer/futbol in Madrid
- 15 Reims for a day
- 16 Apartment and Area to Stay in Istanbul
- 17 day trip to Lake Como from Milan
- 18 Abruzzo for 5 days
- 19 Spain in 18days -finalizing itinerary and a special bday celebration!
- 20 Barcelona to SW France to Madrid in 10 days
- 21 Florence to Naples by car road trip ideas
- 22 poland to switzerland
- 23 Madrid or Toledo on May 1st - holiday
- 24 Online hotel reservation sites reliable?
- 25 First Solo Euro Trip -- August 2014