I'll be traveling to Amsterdam for the first time in September. Instead of getting a hotel, I'll be getting a private apartment. Though I've seen a few places in the canal rings, there are quite a few nice places outside (specifically Spaarndammerbuurt which is just northwest of Central Station) -- which seem more attractive because they are in quieter neighborhoods.
Should I look for a place that's more central? Or are places just outside the canal rings still easily accessible?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Hi altitude limitations in Switzerland
- 2 France: advice on where to go with young kids
- 3 Walking GPS?
- 4 Capri, Amalfi Coast, Naples in late June/early July
- 5 Whirlwind Italy in 16 days
- 6 Edinburgh Nightlife
- 7 London theatre fans: advance info about Globe productions?
- 8 St Petersburg 3 day Shore Tours from Cruise
- 9 To St. Pancras at stupid-o'clock: how would you do it?
- 10 12 days in the Italian Lakes
- 11 Rome to Cascia - is it better by train or bus?
- 12 Cost of Van from CDG
- 13 Portugal trains
- 14 Gas/Petrol shortages in France?
- 15 Input on this 8 Day London Itinerary
- 16 Edinburgh-London-Paris in that order
- 17 Food glorious food - restaurant suggestions
- 18 Book recommendation: Non-travel book about the Dolomites
- 19 AVE Train ticket purchase in Spain
- 20 Bus to Cadaques ?
- 21 Italy- 18nights, 4 regions!
- 22 5 hours in Genoa or next to Genoa?
- 23 The Impact of AirBnB in Paris
- 24 New Dublin Museum
- 25 The most interesting city/town in the UK-in your opinion