I'll be traveling to Amsterdam for the first time in September. Instead of getting a hotel, I'll be getting a private apartment. Though I've seen a few places in the canal rings, there are quite a few nice places outside (specifically Spaarndammerbuurt which is just northwest of Central Station) -- which seem more attractive because they are in quieter neighborhoods.
Should I look for a place that's more central? Or are places just outside the canal rings still easily accessible?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Bulgaria- hidden gems
- 2 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 3 Trip Report: Scotland, Vienna, Prague, and Berlin (May/June 2017)
- 4 God Save the Queen?
- 5 9 Days in Spain
- 6 Piedmont, Cinque Terre, Lucca trip report
- 7 Frankfurt to UK
- 8 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 9 Barcelona alternative
- 10 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 11 Give 2 1/2 Days to Porto or 1 1/2 Days with Day Trip to Coimbra?
- 12 Spanish Medical Providers
- 13 Christmas windows in Paris 2016
- 14 Help with Portugal Itinerary Please
- 15 One last lunch in Rome - recommendations near Vatican City please
- 16 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 17 Iceland
- 18 Paris to Italy
- 19 Greece - when is the best time to go for warm but not too crowded?
- 20 Milan or Turin
- 21 Upscale Vacation Apartment Rentals in Vienna/Prague
- 22 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 23 Prague and Budapest with a 16 month old
- 24 Paris Neighborhood Help
- 25 Charming movie to watch if you've visited Erice in Sicily