I'll be traveling to Amsterdam for the first time in September. Instead of getting a hotel, I'll be getting a private apartment. Though I've seen a few places in the canal rings, there are quite a few nice places outside (specifically Spaarndammerbuurt which is just northwest of Central Station) -- which seem more attractive because they are in quieter neighborhoods.
Should I look for a place that's more central? Or are places just outside the canal rings still easily accessible?
First Time Visiting Amsterdam - What Area?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 A Win At the Arc and Discovering Lisbon
- 2 Yearly Greece visitor looking for different island
- 3 Hotel or Apartment Hotel for 2 adults + 2 children (7 and 12)
- 4 Florence to Siena May 1st
- 5 Hotel in Venice
- 6 A little help with our Dordogne itinerary
- 7 Day trip on the Rhine
- 8 Where can I find a driver for a day around Paris?
- 9 Avignon to London?
- 10 Honeymoon Destinations for December 2014
- 11 Swiss rail passes
- 12 Day trips
- 13 Europe in 21 days
- 14 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 15 Trip to Italy - please weigh in with suggestions and tips!!
- 16 Day trip from London to Paris
- 17 What Champagne House in Reims or Epernay for a day visit?
- 18 Paris Prix de L'Arc de Triomphe
- 19 Non touristy restaurants in Budapest and prague
- 20 How to change college, after obtaining French visa?
- 21 A drive in Europe
- 22 please help with itinerary in sicily
- 23 GRAUBUNDEN: exploring Pontresina, Sils, Poschiavo, Zernez, Guarda, Scuol
- 24 nearby cities to london
- 25 Honeymoon Villa rental - Santorini or Mykonos