This is our 1st time trip to Italy. We are a family of 4 including 2 children aged 10 & 15. We plan to fly from Dubai to Venice / Rome by 12th July and fly out from Rome / Venice within a week. Our current plan is to cover Venice, Milan, Florence & Pisa, Rome & Pompeii.
Is it possible to cover these places in 4 days ? is 1 day in each of these places enough to see the place & cover major tourist attractions.
How about hotels close to main attractions ? Are there some good options for vegetarian food ? Do we need to book train tickets & museum passes in advance ?
Please help us plan this trip. Would love suggestions for guided tour at each places and economical place to stay at. Any tips are most welcome.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help with Spain Itinerary
- 2 Paris in August
- 3 Visiting Zurich
- 4 Spain, Portugal trip planning
- 5 Porto, Galicia and Asturias (plus Leon) Hotel recommendations (??)
- 6 Christmas in Spain
- 7 4 Greek islands- best way to hop?
- 8 Paris and England, 14 days on the ground
- 9 Train travel to and from Paris
- 10 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 11 Zadar or Sibenik
- 12 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 13 Transportation/itinerary help from Rome cruise terminal
- 14 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 15 Bruges, Ghent or Brussels?
- 16 Advice on Spring/Fall trips to Scotland and Alsace
- 17 London, Brussels, France, Berner Oberland and Vienna (in 72 days)
- 18 Tips for tour company tour guides
- 19 Fabric Shops in Paris
- 20 Driving in Italy
- 21 Norway for 1 week, ideas for planning
- 22 One week road trip Santiago de Compostela-Lisbon itinerary advice needed
- 23 Swiss Trains not on time and boats not run at all - great time
- 24 Choosing Greek Island Base for island hopping
- 25 Three Weeks in Italy - So Excited!