This is my first time on this forum, but from what I gather, it's a great place to start research on all things travel. I hope to gather as much information as possible before we embark on our journey. Thanks in advance for the help!
My wife and I are looking in to our first European trip! We are in the planning phase of the process and will most likely purchase our plane tickets in the next 3-6 months with an arrival date between August-October of 2016. So, lots of time to plan a route and listen to all of the expert travelers in this forum for advice.
Here's a few things to consider before giving any advice:
- Independent travel is what we are leaning towards.
- Timing: 16 days (may push it to 17/18) depends on work schedules
- Would like to Fly into Amsterdam or depart from Amsterdam (no reason at all, just thought it would be fun to see it).
- Would like to see 3-5 cities if that is possible (I understand 16 days means around 14 days on the ground).
- Would like to travel by train to save on money
- We'll be utilizing AirBnb for the most part
- We love food, history and culture
- Both are first timers in Europe, so we figure a "beginners" route in Europe would be our best introduction to travel.
- We are flying from the West Coast of the United States
I hope I didn't miss anything to help with the advice, but ANY advice would be much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 3 days outside Venice
- 2 Reaching the Lake District
- 3 Moldova and Transnistria
- 4 London, you are my number one now (replacing Paris)
- 5 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 6 Jewish Vienna
- 7 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 8 Andalucia Spain
- 9 seat reservations
- 10 Switzerland part of 3-week trip
- 11 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 12 Driving in Saint Emilion
- 13 Tips for tour company tour guides
- 14 Rouen & Paris Anniversary Trip
- 15 Preliminary trip planning for Portugal April 2018
- 16 Private car transportation from FCO to Central Rome
- 17 Help Planning Honeymoon
- 18 3 Weeks in Scotland and Ireland
- 19 Really true that US passport needs 6 months left to enter Schengen zone?
- 20 Italy in a week
- 21 what is this Copenhagen building?
- 22 4 Nights Sevilla/Cordoba in Nov; How to split up
- 23 Germany-Car or Train
- 24 2 Weeks in France: Rouen, Normandy, Dordogne and the Loire Valley
- 25 SURPRISE TRIP