This is my first time on this forum, but from what I gather, it's a great place to start research on all things travel. I hope to gather as much information as possible before we embark on our journey. Thanks in advance for the help!
My wife and I are looking in to our first European trip! We are in the planning phase of the process and will most likely purchase our plane tickets in the next 3-6 months with an arrival date between August-October of 2016. So, lots of time to plan a route and listen to all of the expert travelers in this forum for advice.
Here's a few things to consider before giving any advice:
- Independent travel is what we are leaning towards.
- Timing: 16 days (may push it to 17/18) depends on work schedules
- Would like to Fly into Amsterdam or depart from Amsterdam (no reason at all, just thought it would be fun to see it).
- Would like to see 3-5 cities if that is possible (I understand 16 days means around 14 days on the ground).
- Would like to travel by train to save on money
- We'll be utilizing AirBnb for the most part
- We love food, history and culture
- Both are first timers in Europe, so we figure a "beginners" route in Europe would be our best introduction to travel.
- We are flying from the West Coast of the United States
I hope I didn't miss anything to help with the advice, but ANY advice would be much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Athens Help
- 2 Help Planning Denmark Sweden Norway trip
- 3 Experiencing Scotland in the Winters
- 4 Germany vs Sweden nightlife
- 5 Where??-2 night trip from London
- 6 To the top of Europe, and back again.
- 7 La Coruna or Santiago or both?
- 8 Help me decide which major city to cut based on time of year.
- 9 Transport for local Venice travel
- 10 London vacation rental agency
- 11 Sim Card
- 12 Restaurant recommendations in Sicily
- 13 Austria & Switzerland- winter or summer!
- 14 Borghese Gallery Question
- 15 Experiencing London and Scotland by Sleeper Train
- 16 Driving from Culzean Castle to Bamburgh
- 17 SE ITALY
- 18 London and Paris - 3 days each
- 19 Granada in April; add Malaga?
- 20 Will Bottle of Champagne Pass Thru Customs at Athens Airport Upon Arrival?
- 21 Sicily help
- 22 Lunch stop with view of Rio–Antirrio Bridge
- 23 Towns around Lucca
- 24 Cork questions
- 25 Swimming in Camogli, Santa Margherita Ligure, Italy