I am hoping to travel to Italy in November for 10 days with my husband for the first time. We've been dreaming for years and want to make sure we see the sites but also try to research our family history. Our thoughts are to visit Rome, Pompeii, and Florence for the touristy sites (for art/history), but also thinking about Sala Consilina (near Naples) and Messina (Sicily) since that's where our family came.
Would you all share your opinions if we are trying to squeeze too many stops into our trip? Are we missing out on something even better? Do you think an average person could/should try to research genealogy in Italy? Should we try to include Sicily into our trip? Are we silly to try to travel in late November? Just trying to use our Thanksgiving vacation for travel.
Any suggestions you might have would be most appreciated. Thank you from an excited future traveler!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Amsterdam hotels
- 2 Paris hotels
- 3 Car Rental in France (Insurance + Add'l Driver Questions?)
- 4 From Portugal to the Pyrenees and onto Paris
- 5 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 6 Europe itinerary questions
- 7 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 8 Norway, Sweden, Denmark
- 9 We're here!
- 10 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 11 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 12 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 13 Where to weekend away from Frankfurt
- 14 Brugge hotel help
- 15 Old European currency
- 16 Denmark or Sweden?
- 17 Five night Ireland Trip
- 18 In Search of Montalbano - the ups and downs of 10 days in Eastern Sicily
- 19 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 20 London Hotels
- 21 10 days in Paris and......
- 22 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 23 After Beaune, need suggestions for the next 10 days
- 24 1 month in Europe
- 25 Flying into Copenhagen (1st trip to Europe)
first time traveler to Italy hoping to research family history