I have decided to take a trip through parts of Europe within the next 2 years.Will probably have about 3 months. I do not want to do it just to say been there done that, I want time to look, learn and absorb. I have never travelled overseas and I am thinking about doing it on my own. Budget will be reasonably tight. Is this a reasonable idea and if it is how does one make a start. Way out of my comfort zone. Love any tips or advice. Was thinking train maybe a good way to go.
First time travel alone woman 50's
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Best area for apartment - attending conference Copenhagen
- 2 Euro quiz # 42 - Trains, Trains and Railways...
- 3 Dolce Far Niente....the sweetness of doing nothing (well almost) in Paris
- 4 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 5 Five weeks in Portugal - Does this route make sense?
- 6 Germany for 3 weeks
- 7 Summer Interrupted; Christmas in Germany & Switzerland
- 8 Madrid Airport - layover/immigration question
- 9 Transportation in Italy - rent a car or stick to trains?
- 10 Madrid - and where else in Spain in March?
- 11 England, Scotland and Ireland Self-guided Tours
- 12 WiFi on trains
- 13 Venice, airport hotel ?
- 14 How far ahead do you buy plane tickets?
- 15 Isle of Skye Lodging
- 16 What to do in Manchester for half a day?
- 17 10 day itinerary in Puglia
- 18 2000 years, 2 countries, 2 passports: Rome & Madrid, Jan. 2015
- 19 Switzerland Trip with Family
- 20 Transfer at Paris (CDG) from terminal 2E and 2D by foot is possible?
- 21 Renting an apt.
- 22 A guide to Madrid
- 23 Amsterday > Bruges
- 24 Trip Report: Sheep Rule. A Week in Scotland
- 25 CDG questions