I need some advice/help on potential routes for our trip around europe. We have 12-14 days. Starting point would be in London as a few of us live here. So a flight out would be a good start and then work our way back. We are happy to take trains and flights and also drive where and if necessary.
We would like to cover Germany, (Munich) Austria (salzberg), drive through Switzerland Alps, Geneva and to Paris then back to UK.
This is a rough guideline of the route we would like to take, has anyone got any advice regarding this? I am willing to look at completely new routes if easier or more convenient?
Just a little about us, there are 5 of us traveling we are in our 30's and don't mind a jam packed 12 days. Also some outdoor activities etc would be much appreciated....
any help would be appreciated.
First time touring Europe
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Hoping to stay cool this summer - any comments on my northern itinerary?
- 2 Best Luggage for Cobblestone/Stairs
- 3 Which area to stay in Madrid?
- 4 Where salsa dancing in barcelona?
- 5 Great Britain Car Tour Help!
- 6 Train from Paris to Avignon
- 7 Reestaurant Suggestions in Naples
- 8 Bologna: Aperitivo Time
- 9 Trans-Siberian Railway
- 10 Umbria, Marche - where to add extra days
- 11 Where to travel during the first week of April in Europe?
- 12 St Gervais les-Bains to Colmar: Where to Stop for the Night?
- 13 A taste of Scotland and Ireland
- 14 Any trouble using credit card on Bono Turistico Granada website?
- 15 EuroRail- Italy vs. Tickets
- 16 Albi/Carcassone
- 17 Buying tickets on line for museums etc
- 18 Mont St. Michele?
- 19 Geneva-recommendation for small hotel, perhaps Old City?
- 20 Italy: How to get from Venice to Todi, Italy
- 21 Our first trip to Europe
- 22 Paris Museum Pass length of life
- 23 Itinerary help needed!
- 24 driving from Bordeaux to Paris
- 25 Trip Report / Amsterdam - Haarlem - Bruges - Paris / by train