We are visiting Europe this June along with our two kids - 6 and 2 years old. Need some suggestions on the itinerary please. We will be flying in and out of UK.
Here's what I have in mind :
Day 1. Fly in to Zurich from London. Rent a car from airport and drive to Lucerne or Engelberg. With kids and baggage I thought rental car be convenient than train.
Looking for accomodation now - I am leaning toward making lucerne the base for next 3 days. But came across chalets in engelberg too with lovely views.
Any suggestions where to stay- lucerne or engelberg ?
Day 2 & Day 3 : Explore Lucerne, Mt Titlis and surrounds- gondola ride etc. Any other suggestions ?
Day 4 : Arrive in Grindelwald in morning. Train to Jungfraujoch. Sleep in G'wald
DAy 5: explore thun and surrounds . Sleep in G'wald
Day 6 : Drive to Swiss Geneva to catch TGV to Paris. Arrive Paris in evening.
Day 7 & 8 : Paris
Need suggestions for the swiss part please. Deliberated much on taking a 4-day swiss pass vs. renting a car. But thought with the kids car would come handy, esp with luggage and going to dinner etc. Also not sure if the places we book for staying will be close enough to train station. Our younger one needs a pram- which means even if we take a train pass, we will have to take a 1st class pass since it is less crowded.
Appreciate your suggestions please.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Barcelona - How much Gaudi?
- 2 Europe Travel & Trivia Quiz #138- Bridges, Tunnels!
- 3 Another tipping question: concierges
- 4 Input on Itinerary for Visit to Bavaria and Austria Fall 2017
- 5 Ideas for small group tour - Southern Spain
- 6 3 weeks in Italy - Family of 4
- 7 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 8 Amsterdam and Germany 9 days
- 9 Mon Dieu! The Cops Are After Me
- 10 Interesting places to visit
- 11 Versailles tour with evening light show
- 12 Six Nights (and days) in the Marais
- 13 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 14 Paris + Amsterdam: where to stay
- 15 Acropolis Athens
- 16 London: Flaming June and Pirates of Penzeance!
- 17 Buying iDTGV tickets at a station
- 18 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 19 Private Tour from Malaga to Seville
- 20 Is Eiffel tower closed from 25-31 Dec?
- 21 Not a good time to fly into LGW
- 22 Trip Ideas
- 23 Vienna, Austria for 5 days in early June
- 24 IRELAND Magical Time-lapse Mediation of County Kerry Ireland
- 25 Madrid and Granada in Jan