We are visiting Europe this June along with our two kids - 6 and 2 years old. Need some suggestions on the itinerary please. We will be flying in and out of UK.
Here's what I have in mind :
Day 1. Fly in to Zurich from London. Rent a car from airport and drive to Lucerne or Engelberg. With kids and baggage I thought rental car be convenient than train.
Looking for accomodation now - I am leaning toward making lucerne the base for next 3 days. But came across chalets in engelberg too with lovely views.
Any suggestions where to stay- lucerne or engelberg ?
Day 2 & Day 3 : Explore Lucerne, Mt Titlis and surrounds- gondola ride etc. Any other suggestions ?
Day 4 : Arrive in Grindelwald in morning. Train to Jungfraujoch. Sleep in G'wald
DAy 5: explore thun and surrounds . Sleep in G'wald
Day 6 : Drive to Swiss Geneva to catch TGV to Paris. Arrive Paris in evening.
Day 7 & 8 : Paris
Need suggestions for the swiss part please. Deliberated much on taking a 4-day swiss pass vs. renting a car. But thought with the kids car would come handy, esp with luggage and going to dinner etc. Also not sure if the places we book for staying will be close enough to train station. Our younger one needs a pram- which means even if we take a train pass, we will have to take a 1st class pass since it is less crowded.
Appreciate your suggestions please.
First time to Switzerland with kids
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Halloween in Paris
- 2 Pastry Classes in Paris
- 3 Portugal or Bulgaria
- 4 A Vote for Malta: Most Rude.
- 5 how long in Malta?
- 6 10-12 days in Europe....leaving on 12/26.....where would you go and why?
- 7 I dream of Europe
- 8 planning a trip to Europe next year!
- 9 NEED ADVICE: 2 Months in Italy, 1 Month through Spain, Greece, and France
- 10 Germany: From the Mosel to Munich - A Detailed Trip Report
- 11 The new Vuitton Foundation Museum in Paris
- 12 Norway 2014
- 13 Rome Italy air and land tour packages
- 14 A Greek sojourn
- 15 Young couple - where to stay in London?
- 16 A trip into the neonatal ward of Western civilization
- 17 Your Top Tourist Mob Scenes in Europe?
- 18 Switzerland, Germany, Spain from april 13th to may 7th
- 19 BEST OF FRANCE ROAD TRIP IN 30 DAYS- MAY 15
- 20 Need help with Baltics trip.
- 21 Spain-Would appreciate input on itinerary
- 22 Weekend in Norfolk
- 23 Burgundy in May
- 24 Norway Advice
- 25 Roaming Romania, Take Two