We are visiting Europe this June along with our two kids - 6 and 2 years old. Need some suggestions on the itinerary please. We will be flying in and out of UK.
Here's what I have in mind :
Day 1. Fly in to Zurich from London. Rent a car from airport and drive to Lucerne or Engelberg. With kids and baggage I thought rental car be convenient than train.
Looking for accomodation now - I am leaning toward making lucerne the base for next 3 days. But came across chalets in engelberg too with lovely views.
Any suggestions where to stay- lucerne or engelberg ?
Day 2 & Day 3 : Explore Lucerne, Mt Titlis and surrounds- gondola ride etc. Any other suggestions ?
Day 4 : Arrive in Grindelwald in morning. Train to Jungfraujoch. Sleep in G'wald
DAy 5: explore thun and surrounds . Sleep in G'wald
Day 6 : Drive to Swiss Geneva to catch TGV to Paris. Arrive Paris in evening.
Day 7 & 8 : Paris
Need suggestions for the swiss part please. Deliberated much on taking a 4-day swiss pass vs. renting a car. But thought with the kids car would come handy, esp with luggage and going to dinner etc. Also not sure if the places we book for staying will be close enough to train station. Our younger one needs a pram- which means even if we take a train pass, we will have to take a 1st class pass since it is less crowded.
Appreciate your suggestions please.
First time to Switzerland with kids
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 September 2014 - Mykonos, Santorini, Athens!
- 2 Christmas trip to Germany, what city?
- 3 Driving in Germany
- 4 How do you organize yourself on vacation?
- 5 Which time period is preferable for summer visit to London?
- 6 I was (partially) wrong about debit cards vs. cash
- 7 Cambridge to Manchester, UK
- 8 Venice - boats on canals
- 9 Jamikins and Bikerscott Head Back to Le Marche
- 10 Where to go for 3 nights in northern Italy
- 11 Venice, just arrived
- 12 Guidance and help for Europe trip by train.
- 13 Driving from Rome Airport to Montepulciano -- Toll Question
- 14 Where in Europe would you go to escape midwestern winter?
- 15 Park Guell in Barcelona
- 16 White Christmas in the Alps for Aussie non-skiers
- 17 ever rent an apartment after you get to a city?
- 18 Finalizing plans for September trip - is this doable
- 19 capital one 360 debit card use in italy
- 20 Prepaid cell phone, CDG
- 21 Stockholm Trip Report
- 22 Paris -> Berlin - What's the cheapest mode of transportation?
- 23 Venice (Somewhere) and Trieste (Nowhere)—With a Bit of Slovenia In Between
- 24 Blackpool Lights 2014: Tripping the Lights Fantastic in Northern England!
- 25 Belated Paris trip report, May 16-24 2014 part 2: the actual trip