We are visiting Europe this June along with our two kids - 6 and 2 years old. Need some suggestions on the itinerary please. We will be flying in and out of UK.
Here's what I have in mind :
Day 1. Fly in to Zurich from London. Rent a car from airport and drive to Lucerne or Engelberg. With kids and baggage I thought rental car be convenient than train.
Looking for accomodation now - I am leaning toward making lucerne the base for next 3 days. But came across chalets in engelberg too with lovely views.
Any suggestions where to stay- lucerne or engelberg ?
Day 2 & Day 3 : Explore Lucerne, Mt Titlis and surrounds- gondola ride etc. Any other suggestions ?
Day 4 : Arrive in Grindelwald in morning. Train to Jungfraujoch. Sleep in G'wald
DAy 5: explore thun and surrounds . Sleep in G'wald
Day 6 : Drive to Swiss Geneva to catch TGV to Paris. Arrive Paris in evening.
Day 7 & 8 : Paris
Need suggestions for the swiss part please. Deliberated much on taking a 4-day swiss pass vs. renting a car. But thought with the kids car would come handy, esp with luggage and going to dinner etc. Also not sure if the places we book for staying will be close enough to train station. Our younger one needs a pram- which means even if we take a train pass, we will have to take a 1st class pass since it is less crowded.
Appreciate your suggestions please.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Croatia, Slovenia, Austria with Preschoolers
- 2 Southern Italy with 3 teens for a week
- 3 Classical Music in Milan
- 4 Pousadas in Portugal
- 5 Antiques shopping Rome
- 6 Scotland Trip Planning
- 7 Must sees in Malaga
- 8 Lake Maggiore
- 9 Dropping off a rental car in Chiusi question
- 10 Another Book List for Italy
- 11 Italy train question
- 12 Anyone been to Ikaria, Greece?
- 13 First time to London, Paris and Amsterdam.
- 14 Flight to London - Discount Airlines?
- 15 Two Weeks in Europe
- 16 St Mont Michel, how much time do I need
- 17 London, Edinburgh, Italy..HELP!
- 18 Trip Report:Rome, Florence, Tuscany in December
- 19 Public Transportation in Vienna: Borderline Organized Crime
- 20 Charlotte Bronte at the Soane
- 21 FIRST TIME VISIT TO SWITZERLAND
- 22 Desperate Help with Itinerary to Alsace/Alps/Provence
- 23 POST CRUISE IN ROME FOR 5 DAYS
- 24 Possible itinerary - thoughts?
- 25 Venice - a day open