We are visiting Europe this June along with our two kids - 6 and 2 years old. Need some suggestions on the itinerary please. We will be flying in and out of UK.
Here's what I have in mind :
Day 1. Fly in to Zurich from London. Rent a car from airport and drive to Lucerne or Engelberg. With kids and baggage I thought rental car be convenient than train.
Looking for accomodation now - I am leaning toward making lucerne the base for next 3 days. But came across chalets in engelberg too with lovely views.
Any suggestions where to stay- lucerne or engelberg ?
Day 2 & Day 3 : Explore Lucerne, Mt Titlis and surrounds- gondola ride etc. Any other suggestions ?
Day 4 : Arrive in Grindelwald in morning. Train to Jungfraujoch. Sleep in G'wald
DAy 5: explore thun and surrounds . Sleep in G'wald
Day 6 : Drive to Swiss Geneva to catch TGV to Paris. Arrive Paris in evening.
Day 7 & 8 : Paris
Need suggestions for the swiss part please. Deliberated much on taking a 4-day swiss pass vs. renting a car. But thought with the kids car would come handy, esp with luggage and going to dinner etc. Also not sure if the places we book for staying will be close enough to train station. Our younger one needs a pram- which means even if we take a train pass, we will have to take a 1st class pass since it is less crowded.
Appreciate your suggestions please.
First time to Switzerland with kids
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 7 Nights in Paris
- 2 Best hostels from experience
- 3 Mephisto Shoes in Paris
- 4 Germany - Hamburg to Munich Itinerary advice
- 5 First ever trip overseas - itinerary check
- 6 London neighborhood suggestions
- 7 Which other island would you pick for an Anniversary trip to Greece?
- 8 San Sebastian
- 9 avoiding stuffy and inflexible service at nice european resorts
- 10 Honeymoon in Greece or Italy or Spain?
- 11 Istanbul Itinerary
- 12 Lake Como 3 Stretch and 7 Stretch Ferry Tickets
- 13 6 nights to spend between salzburg and austria
- 14 Tours for Ephesus and Cappadoccia
- 15 17 Days Route from Amsterdam to Zurich
- 16 Can you recommend a little seaside town near Athen?
- 17 What London location & hotels are the best for ??
- 18 Rome airport--should I arrive more than 2 hours early?
- 19 London, Liverpool, Scotland Itinerary
- 20 DH wants Paris but I need ACoast....itinerary help!
- 21 Irish Inns and B&B Reservations
- 22 3 weeks in December in Europe, need help with itinerary
- 23 Normandy, Brittany and Loire Valley in May - please help with itinerary
- 24 Tedgale Trip Report: Portugal in April 2014 (with Easter in Amsterdam)
- 25 Where Would You Add Two Days - Tuscany & CT Itinerary