We are visiting Europe this June along with our two kids - 6 and 2 years old. Need some suggestions on the itinerary please. We will be flying in and out of UK.
Here's what I have in mind :
Day 1. Fly in to Zurich from London. Rent a car from airport and drive to Lucerne or Engelberg. With kids and baggage I thought rental car be convenient than train.
Looking for accomodation now - I am leaning toward making lucerne the base for next 3 days. But came across chalets in engelberg too with lovely views.
Any suggestions where to stay- lucerne or engelberg ?
Day 2 & Day 3 : Explore Lucerne, Mt Titlis and surrounds- gondola ride etc. Any other suggestions ?
Day 4 : Arrive in Grindelwald in morning. Train to Jungfraujoch. Sleep in G'wald
DAy 5: explore thun and surrounds . Sleep in G'wald
Day 6 : Drive to Swiss Geneva to catch TGV to Paris. Arrive Paris in evening.
Day 7 & 8 : Paris
Need suggestions for the swiss part please. Deliberated much on taking a 4-day swiss pass vs. renting a car. But thought with the kids car would come handy, esp with luggage and going to dinner etc. Also not sure if the places we book for staying will be close enough to train station. Our younger one needs a pram- which means even if we take a train pass, we will have to take a 1st class pass since it is less crowded.
Appreciate your suggestions please.
First time to Switzerland with kids
- 1 A chacun son goût
- 2 Student Traveling 2 weeks in France, Italy etc
- 3 Time from Venice airport to St Marks Square
- 4 12 days, 3 couples, one week in London Sept 2013
- 5 Munich Hotels near train station downtown
- 6 3 LADIES - NAXOS OR PAROS AS BASE FOR 7 DAYS
- 7 Extra leg room on British Airways
- 8 A bit of Scotland, wing mirror casualty, 7 days in London, and a Fodors GTG
- 9 London on a sunny day
- 10 Am I in an unsafe Parisian neighborhood?
- 11 Train from Amsterdam to Bruges
- 12 Solo Female First Time Traveler - Scared to Death
- 13 PARIS: apartment for a family of 4. Could use your help.
- 14 London hotels
- 15 What size luggage?
- 16 Advice Sought for Train Schedule in Spain
- 17 Travel to Italy with kids...where to stay
- 18 Help with Sept. itinerary going north from Dublin
- 19 Nice
- 20 Bernina Express questions
- 21 Carpe Diem Flights Booked! Need help w final itinerary France/Switzerland
- 22 Ireland from Shannon to Cork
- 23 Italy-Locarno or Stresa
- 24 Paris to Basel on EuRail pass
- 25 TR Provence, Israel, Switzerland, Italy..April 16 a day of AA infamy