We are visiting Europe this June along with our two kids - 6 and 2 years old. Need some suggestions on the itinerary please. We will be flying in and out of UK.
Here's what I have in mind :
Day 1. Fly in to Zurich from London. Rent a car from airport and drive to Lucerne or Engelberg. With kids and baggage I thought rental car be convenient than train.
Looking for accomodation now - I am leaning toward making lucerne the base for next 3 days. But came across chalets in engelberg too with lovely views.
Any suggestions where to stay- lucerne or engelberg ?
Day 2 & Day 3 : Explore Lucerne, Mt Titlis and surrounds- gondola ride etc. Any other suggestions ?
Day 4 : Arrive in Grindelwald in morning. Train to Jungfraujoch. Sleep in G'wald
DAy 5: explore thun and surrounds . Sleep in G'wald
Day 6 : Drive to Swiss Geneva to catch TGV to Paris. Arrive Paris in evening.
Day 7 & 8 : Paris
Need suggestions for the swiss part please. Deliberated much on taking a 4-day swiss pass vs. renting a car. But thought with the kids car would come handy, esp with luggage and going to dinner etc. Also not sure if the places we book for staying will be close enough to train station. Our younger one needs a pram- which means even if we take a train pass, we will have to take a 1st class pass since it is less crowded.
Appreciate your suggestions please.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Whathello Paris
- 2 해외토토 c p s 33 . c o m
- 3 사다리분석 c p s 33 . c o m
- 4 Rome to Venice
- 5 해외사설 c p s 33 . c o m
- 6 One free day in Barcelona
- 7 Athens Help
- 8 November in Rome
- 9 Roman (and Florentine, Venetian) Holiday with la Principessa
- 10 Rouen or Rennes to pick up Rental Car
- 11 Bordeaux to Nice
- 12 Granada in April; add Malaga?
- 13 The Little Cyclades, Santorini, Vienna
- 14 Trains in Italy
- 15 Suggestions for driving Cadiz to Zaragosa
- 16 Sicily help
- 17 Austria & Switzerland- winter or summer!
- 18 Christmas markets
- 19 Help me decide which major city to cut based on time of year.
- 20 PARIS
- 21 Germany or Sweden
- 22 Alitala
- 23 Trip report: Paris-Bordeaux-Barcelona-Madrid
- 24 Is This SIM Mobile Computer Plan OK?
- 25 Lisbon: Stay in the city or nearby?