We are visiting Europe this June along with our two kids - 6 and 2 years old. Need some suggestions on the itinerary please. We will be flying in and out of UK.
Here's what I have in mind :
Day 1. Fly in to Zurich from London. Rent a car from airport and drive to Lucerne or Engelberg. With kids and baggage I thought rental car be convenient than train.
Looking for accomodation now - I am leaning toward making lucerne the base for next 3 days. But came across chalets in engelberg too with lovely views.
Any suggestions where to stay- lucerne or engelberg ?
Day 2 & Day 3 : Explore Lucerne, Mt Titlis and surrounds- gondola ride etc. Any other suggestions ?
Day 4 : Arrive in Grindelwald in morning. Train to Jungfraujoch. Sleep in G'wald
DAy 5: explore thun and surrounds . Sleep in G'wald
Day 6 : Drive to Swiss Geneva to catch TGV to Paris. Arrive Paris in evening.
Day 7 & 8 : Paris
Need suggestions for the swiss part please. Deliberated much on taking a 4-day swiss pass vs. renting a car. But thought with the kids car would come handy, esp with luggage and going to dinner etc. Also not sure if the places we book for staying will be close enough to train station. Our younger one needs a pram- which means even if we take a train pass, we will have to take a 1st class pass since it is less crowded.
Appreciate your suggestions please.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Scotland 10 Nights - Trying To Narrow Down Where To Go & Stay
- 2 No Periods in British Written English!
- 3 Americans moving to Europe - Suggestions?
- 4 Help please
- 5 Weighing hand luggage at CDG security now
- 6 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 7 Dublin or Amsterdam?
- 8 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 9 Flying into London and Flying out of Edinburgh
- 10 Trip Report : Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania
- 11 Booking through Loco2 Train
- 12 Iceland - which direction to drive RIng Road? Clockwise or counter?
- 13 Four Nights free after Monmouth, Wales & before London.
- 14 Looking for a unique 3 days in Venice
- 15 Rome to venice
- 16 Two weeks in Italy flying in and out of Milan
- 17 Day trip to Lake Como from Milan
- 18 Recommendation for GPS with Europe maps
- 19 Can I do Stonehenge and Bath from Isle of Wight in 1 day?
- 20 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 21 Areas in Milan
- 22 Melia Colbert Paris
- 23 Perugia
- 24 Review Final Iceland Itinerary Please
- 25 Frustrated about Smolensk